Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oklahoma.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Loving my Inmate

Default Information About William S. Keys Correctional Facility

I was wonderif anyone knew anything about this place like about visits there or about phone calls from there??? My husband just got moved there from LARC!!! and now I am only 30 mins away!!!!! woohoo!!!!

Tats Club Member #7
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2005, 11:41 PM
12 didn't work for US

Keys is pretty strict I think on visits. My hubby was there 2 winters ago. You have to park in a certain area and are not allowed on property until visit time starts...Now this was a few years ago things change all the time....I used to have to walk along ways to the visit room. They do search you and you can only carry quarters and ID.
The CO's do watch you and I have seen visits terminated for very little...
I'm so glad its close to you for me it was like driving to the other side of earth!! lol
They used to have stuff you can buy that the guys have made like leather wallets and all kinds of nice stuff. I got in fact a wallet I love from up there for 20 bucks.

Good Luck and let me know how visits went!!

Renee
Old 12-06-2005, 03:47 PM

30 minutes away is awesome!!!! That's got to be a huge relief. And now that he's placed, you both can start getting this sentence over with. I don't have any info about Keys for you but hopefully things haven't changed too much since Renee's days there
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

My son in law was in the rid program there almost a year ago. I dont know how much their visitation differs amongst their different programs, but in the rid program i know they have to earn their phone rights (about 2 weeks), and they send out visitation forms that take about 3 weeks from when they are returned to be approved. As for the visits they are a little strict about parking and they do have security booths that monitor you on their property but they only stop you if you act suspicious. I was never searched before visiting but I had seen them search some others. The visitation was great there is a snack room (so take lots of change). And you can kiss them (pg13) once at the start of the visit and once before you head out. And I think there were even toys for the kids. While I was there I did notice some visits taking place outside but Im not sure of the stipulations on that. Congrats on the move & I hope you enjoy yor visits.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM

Hello all! My nephew is here, at WSK, and we have questions. Is there somewhere on the OK sites that i can get info, more detailed than what I have found here on PTO? His Grandma is concerned because they applied to visit more than 30 days ago and as far as they know they are still not approved. Also, I sent him a Christmas gift pack and apparently he hasn't acknowledged receiving it. How often can they order clothing, non regular commissary stuff? Is there any way that we can get a commissary list for this facility? He told us that they are NOT allowed to send these out in mail? She is getting ready to cut him off because she thinks he is lying to her/us and I am trying to encourage her not to do that but I need some back up. Any information would be great, any hopefully I can change her mind. Please PM me or post here, the sooner the better, I would hate for him to be cut-off because we are uninformed! LOL and Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited by galgrif; 12-20-2005 at 09:31 PM..
Old 12-21-2005, 04:21 PM

I don't know of any better information out there but I can try to help ya out some on the other stuff.

His grandparents can call up there to ask if they've been approved to visit yet and if more than 30 days waiting is normal if not. It could be something as simple as the application being mailed to the wrong place or it might have gotten lost in the mail.

The 2 prisons I sent xmas packs to haven't handed them out yet as of yesterday. They've been at Hinton for at least a week that I know of but Jeff doesn't know when they'll let the guys have them. I don't know how all prisons do it, but it's definitely possible that he really hasn't received it yet.

As far as I know, non food commisary stuff can be ordered at any time as long as they are on the right level for it. They offer different things for different seasons sometimes though. If he's asking for money for clothing like thermals or sweats, it makes sense because they keep it pretty cool in there and they sure don't give them much for free.

It probably is against the rules there to send a commisary list out. I've gotten my hands on a couple of them from different Okie prisons so if you'd like a general price on an item, let me know. It won't be exact but should probably be in the ballpark

Best of luck keeping everyone calm!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 PM

Thank You, that helps me. I called Access today and they said the packages were received on Monday so I would imagine that they will be getting them soon. I keep giving them all of this information, I think because I don't live in OK they think I dont know what I am talking about. Oh well, I will just keep plugging along anyway. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:17 PM

Anytime

Definitely keep an eye out on the xmas packages though. I've heard that Harp got them handed out already and a lot of guys didn't get one that thought they should. That could have been wishful thinking on their part of course, but I know I'll be checking up on the ones I sent after this week too.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Hanks Angie Baby

Well hopefully by now you have gotten the info you want. However my huney is in WSK, in the Key to Life program. I have some info, but I learn more and more about this place everyday. The visitations are pretty good, you can go outside but they watch you like a hawk, NO TOUCHING. You are allowed to put your arm around them or hold hands but that;s about it. I have never been thouroughly searched. They usually just ask me if I have anything in my pocket. But it all depends on who is working, some are more linient than others. But I have never had any serious problems with them. I am sure ready for my man to come home........ What unit is yours on? Mine is in Unit D. I would love to talk to someone who has someone there. Please im me or something. Thank You.

They can't kill us though they may try. One day very soon he will be my husband!!!! Until then I am his "Light in Dark Times" FOREVER HIS

Old 07-28-2006, 05:58 AM

Default Son heading to WSK, Fort Supply, OK

Looking for information on William S Key Correctional Facility. My son will enter the facility in October. Will he need to bring his own clothes, or will he wear something provided? Can he bring personal items such as deodorants and soap? What about his own bed clothing? How often are visitations, and do you have to earn visitation rights? What about money, will he need any? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:26 PM

My boyfriend is there right now, and I don't know what I can send. He arrived 3 days ago or so. I just got his letter and he's in unit b and the RID program. Anyone have any info on a website or something that let's me know what i can send in the mail?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Hi, I think you are pretty safe to write or type generic letters to him initially. Just letters that say how much you love him, etc. Remember to put his name and DOC # on all pages, and just to be sure he gets everything, number the pages. I don't think any pictures of children would be appropriate, but you could send one of yourself. Not a polaroid, tho. A regular picture. All magazines or books will have to be sent through someplace like Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Lis
Old 12-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Hanks Angie Baby

Default William S Key

I don't know much about the RID program, but my honey is in the KEY TO LIFE program. He's been there since Feb. He can't bring anything with him, it all has to be bought on canteen. You can send as much money as you can, but it depends on his level on how much he can spend per week. Same with visits. Henry started out on level 3. He could spend $20 and get a four hour visit every weekend. Though we can only get to see him once a month. He's 6 hours from us. Now he's on level 4, he can spend $60 and get an 8 hour visit.

Where do you guys live? If you have any other ?'s or need to talk just pm me. I'm always here......

They can't kill us though they may try. One day very soon he will be my husband!!!! Until then I am his "Light in Dark Times" FOREVER HIS

Old 12-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Hanks Angie Baby

I called and talked to my huney's case worker. He said no Christmas packages were allowed. He said you could send money and that was it. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them. You can also call and talk to his case manager, they will help to
Quote:
Originally Posted by galgrif
Thank You, that helps me. I called Access today and they said the packages were received on Monday so I would imagine that they will be getting them soon. I keep giving them all of this information, I think because I don't live in OK they think I dont know what I am talking about. Oh well, I will just keep plugging along anyway. Thanks for your help!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Loving my Inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nromero
My boyfriend is there right now, and I don't know what I can send. He arrived 3 days ago or so. I just got his letter and he's in unit b and the RID program. Anyone have any info on a website or something that let's me know what i can send in the mail?
My husband was in the RID program for like 4 months and they can recieve pictures and just regular letters, i typed them and wrote them out on all kinds of different colored paper and sent them in colored evenlopes. I sent pictures of me and our daughter. I sent drawings that his niece and nephew drew for him and everything like that!! You just cant send them stamps or stuff like that and you we were able to send him shirts boxers and boots for the program as long as they meet the rules!! Hope this helps!!

Tats Club Member #7
Old 10-17-2017, 09:30 AM

Anybody still have a loved one at WSKCC? Mine just got transferred there 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Wskcc

My husband was just moved there 3 6mths ago
Old 03-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaguerrero View Post
Anybody still have a loved one at WSKCC? Mine just got transferred there 2 weeks ago.
Hey stranger , I'm hoping you got to see your man, how was it
Old 03-29-2018, 03:02 PM

Hello, I saw him in Dec for 4 days straight, it was really nice. Thank You