Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of South Carolina.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Donation Award 

Default Lieber Correctional Institution (Level 3)

Lieber Correctional Institution(Level 3)
Stan Burtt, Warden
136 Wilborn Avenue
P.O. Box 205
Ridgeville, SC 29472
843-875-3332 or 803-896-3700

Web page:
http://www.doc.sc.gov/InstitutionPages/Lieber.htm
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2005, 10:54 AM
:) Life IS Forever (:

Jamie Again, This Is The Institution Where My Lil Bro Is Serving Life, Any Members In This Area To Chat With ?
Thanks For All Your Help
Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Trusting God 4 all things

Jamie, I am in the area, Lieber is actually about ten minutes from where i live,Gladdad has a son there, you may want to contact him if you have any specific questions, he will be glad to help u any way he can
Old 09-14-2005, 06:28 PM

My son was just transfered to Lieber yesterday.He got 29 years,he may have to serve 6 to 10.Could you tell me something about it.I also live in Columbia ,SC
Old 09-18-2005, 08:34 PM

My fiance is in liebar, he's in for armed robbery he's served about 4 and 1/2 years and has about about 3 and 1/2 left. After the past 4 years these next 3 will go by fast. It has been really hard, the hardest thing either one of us has ever had to deal with. We are concerned about his future, he wants to go to school but I can't find any information on grants or any oppertunites our state provides for newly released inmates. Does anyone have any information?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Lieber

Went to see my son in Ridgeville,SC We had a nice visit.It was the first contact visit since last Aug.
Lieber is a pretty good size place.It is clean,better than County that he was in.
My son seemed to be in good spirits,although he doesn't understand why he got so much time.
There were some others that were in for the same thing and got 3 to 5,
Just thought I would bring some of you up to date on whats going on,you all have been so very kind.
Thank you so much
Old 11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Donation Award 

I'm glad that you had a good visit. The time served never seems to make sense. What was the visitation room like? What could you do or not do there?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:29 PM

The room was a pretty good size.They have a lot of tables in there that seat a family of 4.You can only bring in 10.00 a peace per person in quarters.They have a lot of food machines ,drink machine,microwaves
Your visits are every other weekend,Sat. and Sun.8:30 to 12 and 1:00 to 3.
Cloths of coarse have to show nothing,one person was turned around because shorts were too short.!
They have 1 check while you are there and you can't leave until it is over.
I was just glad to be able to finally hug my son.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Lieber Inst.

Would like to know if there are others who have loved ones at Lieber?
Maybe we can keep in touch and let each other know what is going on there?
I go every other Sat. from 1 to 5.
Maybe I could get some information for someone or anwser questions.What do you think?
Old 12-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Default EXCHANGE-Lieber

Hello is there anyone who has someone in Leiber Inst.that would like to exchange info. or help each other out.Maybe send cards.
Will help anyone who has a loved one near me in Columbia,SC
Old 01-08-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Hi Marchio1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchio1948
Hello is there anyone who has someone in Leiber Inst.that would like to exchange info. or help each other out.Maybe send cards.

I don't live in your area, but I do have a loved one in Lieber.. he's been in for about 10years now- only 29 years old. How old is your son?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:41 PM

Default son

My son is 33
Old 01-30-2006, 08:24 AM

Smile Hello, new to posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchio1948
Hi, just joined today, wish I have known about this area a long time ago. I live in Charleston, SC. My son is in Lieber. He will be 25 on 'groundhogs day" Feb 2.

Marchio, contact me by email or yahoo msg. I can give you my number and maybe on a weekend or something we could get together since I am only about 2 hours from Columbia.

I haven't seen my son is sometime now, since he was a "badboy" and they took away his visiting and phonecalls. he can't even buy things from the "store"!!! Its driving me nuts.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome, Narasan! I'm glad that you've found us. We have lots of moms here who can relate to what you are going through. I'm sorry that you are not able to visit your son. Does he write and let you know how he's doing?

He's Home!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 PM

Default thanks

Thanks Kahlan for the warm welcome. He used to call me, where one of the other guys there would do the dialing and "talking" if you know what I mean. As for writting, sometimes when he is able to "buy" the stuff from the other guys there. since he got in trouble in jail, they took away eveything from him. He is only allow to buy items that he needs to clean himself with. He can't buy envelopes, pencils, paper, candy, soda and so on. He can ask another guy to buy that stuff for him and what we do is send extra money for him to repay them. Guess he hasn't been able to buy any of it for about a month now.

Thursday was his 25th birthday, I hope he got our cards before it. I do send him books. I use Barnes & Noble online and they send them out to him. He works in the library so when he done with the books we send, he donates them to the prison library. We try to send him books at least once a month. But having sent any since Christmas.

I've been trying to get a hold of the Chaplan there since Oct. My father died and wanted to have the Chaplan tell my son. Since I could never get a hold of him, we were luckly that he (my son) called us and I was able to tell him over the phone. I hated the idea of telling him that way. One of my brothers took pictures and video taped it so as soon as I get a copy of all that (brother is in middle of moving to another state) I wanted to send it to the Chaplan and hope that he will let my son view it so that my son will have closer. My son and father were pretty close, I know he needs this as much as we needed it. Now his grandmother is in a nursing home with advance stages of Alzheimer. Two weeks after she went in is when my father died. She don't even know he has passed away. I see no reason to tell her, as she will feel that pain over and over again. This is her secord husband that she has lost due to death. My bio father passed away 3 weeks before my 10th birthday.
I better stop writting now, I could go on. Got no support for my "pain" in real life.

Nar
Old 04-05-2006, 01:27 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empathy360
My fiance is in liebar, he's in for armed robbery he's served about 4 and 1/2 years and has about about 3 and 1/2 left. After the past 4 years these next 3 will go by fast. It has been really hard, the hardest thing either one of us has ever had to deal with. We are concerned about his future, he wants to go to school but I can't find any information on grants or any oppertunites our state provides for newly released inmates. Does anyone have any information?
hey i was wondering if you could help me out. my fiancee just went to lieber and hes in there for armed robbery also. he hasnt gotten visitation yet bet they gave him 25 years and its a violent crime does anyone know about how long he will have to do?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:47 PM

25 years violent at 85% would be just over 21 years or about 21 years and 3 months.

Barb
Old 04-05-2006, 03:09 PM

hi my fiancee just got sent to lieber for armed robbery second offense. i havent been able to go see him yet his visitation doesnt start until may. i couldnt believe they found him guilty. he took it to jury trial and lost. they had no evidence and i know he didnt do it because he was with me at the accused time but since he had a prior offense for the same thing and was out on parole they found him guilty. i dont know how to feel about the system anymore. we were 2 weeks away from getting married and the police the people who are supposed to help people are ruining my life. please all support is greatly apprciated.
thank you
keke
Old 05-04-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Lieber Correctional Institution Canteen

Some of you who me and know my son is in Lieber,knows I don't complain a lot,but I am boiling right now over the person who handles supplies at Liebers canteen.
My son has been there almost 2 years and every time I go see him ,they are always out of everything.Some of the machines will take your money and there are certain guards who don't want to be bothered.
My second complaint is my son was in a bad accident several years back and had all his top teeth knocked out so he had to have a false plate put in.For the last 7 WEEKS,he has not been able to get Fixodent.He has told them on several ocassions to please order some as he is very consious of his apperance.Well they oder it last week,by time he got to go to the canteen,that very week that it was oder,they had none.He is very embarrased as I said he takes great care in how he looks.I guess to some of you it is not such a big deal,but when you can't eat and don't want to see anyone it is a big deal.
Also everytime I send money they are taking some out,I have asked,son has asked,but no one knows nothing.
I am so mad,our love ones in the system are paying there dues,must they have to be deprived of medical,and health issues.
Sorry for the venting,just to get it out.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 PM

Question Leiber Correctional Institution

I want to no if there are anyone on this forum that has anyone in Leiber County Prison.

Devotion
Old 07-28-2006, 10:19 AM

Yes, my boyfriend just got transferred to Lieber so I really don't have any information about for you but if you have some you would like to share I would appreciate it. I just wanna know what it is like and what to expect from the co's and facility in a whole. Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM

Hi, I have a son that's been lock up in Lieber for about 3 years and I must say this facility have not been easy on him. The guards here are not to friendly not all but most of them. So it is best to stay out of trouble and keep your nose clean. Their has been a lot of stabbing here. The visiting time I don't like. Because you have to sit at a table with a number on it and their are assign seat for the inmates. But I guess this place is what you make out of it.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Love Knows No Boundaries

Default i have a friend in leiber

i just found out a friend of mine is in leiber in sc what is the mailing address to send him a letter ???
Old 08-02-2006, 09:03 AM

i have a friend there,also son use to be there
lieber correctional
p.o. box 205
ridgeville, s.c. 29472
Old 08-04-2006, 09:41 PM

Hi this is devotion, and that is the correct address but you also have to add beside the person's name that you are sending the mail too his SCDC number and the unit he is in.