Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 PM

Default Mayo Visists are changed

A memo was put out that visitation has changed at Mayo. At this time, you will be allowed to visit only one day each weekend based on your loved one's ending number. Odd-Saturdays, Even-Sundays Holidays are open to all.
I was not happy to hear this. We travel a good distance and don't get up there often , so usually spend the night to get the two days in. Now ss it will become a one day trip--- a long day.. I would think the local economy will feel this change no hotels stay and no reasturant support!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Visiting Changes at Mayo will start September 18TH
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,421 Posts

WOW.

There are many that make the trip all weekend, especially the ones that are stuck up in the panhandle.

There must be some major BS going on for the Warden to do something like that. Do you have any idea what happened?

Just out of curiosity, Dar....but, who it that you visit? I am on several lists and have not heard anything of the sort.....just wondering.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 AM

I visit my son, spoke with him last night and he confirmed the date when it will start. Overcrowding and cutbacks in staffing... they have even cancelated the softball games!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Softball games?

Wait.

Are yall in the right forum? Am I.....did I take a wrong turn? Naw, it shows region 2 facilities north florida at the top of my page.

When did they give the prisoners softballs and bats again? Sometime back a dude took a bat to an officer and worked him over....up there at Gulf, if memory serves.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,546 Times in 3,575 Posts

They had softball at Ben's facility until sometime earlier this year.

A couple of members who visit Mayo have posted that visitation is so crowded that people are asked to leave so others can get in. I think it makes better sense to go to every other weekend so that people can visit both days for the reason that Dar speaks of. Noone is going to like the limitation but at least it's a better solution that 1 day per week for those who drive a good distance or come from out of state.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

THAT makes sense. I knew there must be more to the story than 'they' just decided to take visit days....

There was this one couple at Okaloosa.....maybe a year ago or more, can't remember how long now....anyway, you know that one kiss and hug on arrival and one kiss and hug on the way out? Well, this couple would all BUT take their clothes off. I am not kidding, she'd pull her leg up and wrap it around him, he'd have her half bent over the table or a chair....and this would go on every morning and every afternoon, that I was there at least, until the officers said something to them. This went on for two weekends that I seen it with my own eyes. You couldn't miss it, if your eyes did, your ears were filled with the most god awful racket they made.

Well, that next weekend I went up there....no mouth kissing...AT ALL. One hug and one kiss ON THE CHEEK. And, it stayed like that for weeks. I was never so glad for Marty to get in trouble and be transferred.

That was because the warden got several complaints, I am sure.

This is the consequences of stirring up sleeping dogs. I bet them folks who complained were not thinking of the ones that may not get to visit now because they can't make that trip all in one day. I live in Polk county and I rarely get to see Marty because I have to stay the weekend. I can NOT make that round trip in one day. I have fell asleep in the green swamp too many times.

I sure do hate the mess yall are going through. Bless your heart.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:57 AM

my husbamd is in mayo and yes it is true about the changes... i didnt get to visit this weekend , had to work.. then he calls as i am sleeping last night and tells me he is going to lockup..... he got into a fight with his roomy , dont know about what but at least they let him have a two minute call to let me know... so know i have questions.. does anyone know what lockup there is like or any info on it ? he saif the fight couldnt be helped.. just dont know what happened he has been in no trouble and trying to be on the up and up so nothing would mess with his gang time.. now this,,, I am beside my self with questions and worries...thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 AM

oops... lol....gain time....omg not gang time
Old 09-08-2010, 07:38 PM

I know I am back tracking just a bit on this thread, but my baby is at Hamilton CI, just got there five weeks ago and they have a softball league, so I guess they let the bats and the balls back in Region II.....
Old 09-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,546 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesprincess View Post
I know I am back tracking just a bit on this thread, but my baby is at Hamilton CI, just got there five weeks ago and they have a softball league, so I guess they let the bats and the balls back in Region II.....
It tends to be at the descretion of the facility.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crain51 View Post
oops... lol....gain time....omg not gang time

LOL.. Good catch. Hey My son is at Mayo and he said the entire prison was on a lockdown for days due to someone doing something stupid and COs found things prisoners should not have had. But it sounds like your husband may have gotten sent to the "Box" which is a 30 day "administrative segregation" where he is not allowed to be with general population and will have some sort of hearing and lose his "gain time" if found guilty of whatever he was charged with.
Then again, maybe he was involved with the reason ALL prisoners had to go through a lockdown.
My son said they opened it all back up again yesterday and all is back to normal.

As far as the limitation to visitors, its true that this weekend they start the last number in the DC number deal and only allowing you to visit on Saturday or Sunday. This was due to the fact that Mayo built a new prison wing, and now house more prisoners, but, the visitation area was not taken into consideration and visitors now get screwed because Mayo is trying to be the biggest prison in the region.

Have a nice day..
My son was finally approved for WRC and just awaiting an opening an trying like hell to avoid DRs.

****** Keep a prayer on your lips and a song of hope in your heart ******
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM

wasnt involved in whatever got everyone in lock down,,, he got in fight with cellie... he has been in confinement since the 5th.... but thanks for the info... didnt know anything about the lock down... but his mail was messed up so go figure