Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 07-14-2020, 11:38 PM

Default TPM Reconsideration Request Advice please!

We finally got the decision from our review... not what we hoped.
PAP recommendation to do 90%... NON VIOLENT CHARGES!!!!

Is it possible to request reevaluation off the grid and guidelines? Anyone with any experience getting a TPM changed to an earlier date?
Hes serving probation violation on a theft charge thats 10 years old.
He had a violent DR in 2015.

We were under the impression he'd be home in the next year after PIC points. Been away 30 months.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2020, 04:43 PM

I’m in the exact same situation tho it’s not POV. My LO sentence was 36 mos. At PED, PAP gave him a TPM of 32 month. My LO has 1 felony; non-violent charge, first time, First Offender Act. Now understand PAP can choose what they want & isn’t required to go by the recommended time served. But even in saying that I was floored when I saw only 4 mos shaved off sentence. So it was time for me to advocate strong! I already had a lawyer hired and bubbled it up to him to make sure I wasn’t wrong. He did say it was very strange & we can petition PAP. See initially his charge was trafficking but lessened to PossWIntDel. If you look at CSL chart it looked like the PAP gave a CSL level 5 low risk 32 mos (trafficking) not 2 (PWDL) low 18 mos. So my thoughts was.. did PAP mix up his initial charge vs latter charge. I hired lawyer and he sent in his parole packet a week ago today. So we both have been in waiting to hear if PAP will shave off time. While waiting, a few days ago, my LO got a sheet & the paper had WAY DIFF charges than what he had. It stated he had sex charges, violent crimes & that he’s been to prison before which ALL of that ain’t true. Bc obviously I know this, plus to confirm his sentencing I went to clerk of courts to pick up his sentencing papers for myself to have. Shows 1 felony PossWIntDist. It was almost as if he was mixed up w another inmates charges. I’ve emailed lawyer and waiting to hear. Thinking of the mix up I wasn’t sure if that’s what the hold up on his new TPM bc of these wrong charges bc I’m anticipating news on a new TPM. First thing I would do is find out where his charges fall under CSL & Risk Factor. I know you can email PAP or maybe retain a lawyer. I’m gonna take care of my husband in all I can do in being his advocate! Btw my LO said for whatever reason there are a few inmates in there that show TPM @ 90% regardless. Idk why. Not everyone...just weird why PAP wants them almost MAX out on first time I’m out case. It takes us to help them with their case. Possibly lawyer.. I think your LO can write in for reconsideration too! Hope this helps! Breathe. One day at a time! Do what you can & try not to set expectations bc seemingly state doesn’t care about them or you. But know this: he will get out; it isn’t forever tho it feels like some days drag. Hang on!

Last edited by MCV; 07-15-2020 at 04:49 PM..
Old 07-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV View Post
Iím in the exact same situation tho itís not POV. My LO sentence was 36 mos. At PED, PAP gave him a TPM of 32 month. My LO has 1 felony; non-violent charge, first time, First Offender Act. Now understand PAP can choose what they want & isnít required to go by the recommended time served. But even in saying that I was floored when I saw only 4 mos shaved off sentence. So it was time for me to advocate strong! I already had a lawyer hired and bubbled it up to him to make sure I wasnít wrong. He did say it was very strange & we can petition PAP. See initially his charge was trafficking but lessened to PossWIntDel. If you look at CSL chart it looked like the PAP gave a CSL level 5 low risk 32 mos (trafficking) not 2 (PWDL) low 18 mos. So my thoughts was.. did PAP mix up his initial charge vs latter charge. I hired lawyer and he sent in his parole packet a week ago today. So we both have been in waiting to hear if PAP will shave off time. While waiting, a few days ago, my LO got a sheet & the paper had WAY DIFF charges than what he had. It stated he had sex charges, violent crimes & that heís been to prison before which ALL of that ainít true. Bc obviously I know this, plus to confirm his sentencing I went to clerk of courts to pick up his sentencing papers for myself to have. Shows 1 felony PossWIntDist. It was almost as if he was mixed up w another inmates charges. Iíve emailed lawyer and waiting to hear. Thinking of the mix up I wasnít sure if thatís what the hold up on his new TPM bc of these wrong charges bc Iím anticipating news on a new TPM. First thing I would do is find out where his charges fall under CSL & Risk Factor. I know you can email PAP or maybe retain a lawyer. Iím gonna take care of my husband in all I can do in being his advocate! Btw my LO said for whatever reason there are a few inmates in there that show TPM @ 90% regardless. Idk why. Not everyone...just weird why PAP wants them almost MAX out on first time Iím out case. It takes us to help them with their case. Possibly lawyer.. I think your LO can write in for reconsideration too! Hope this helps! Breathe. One day at a time! Do what you can & try not to set expectations bc seemingly state doesnít care about them or you. But know this: he will get out; it isnít forever tho it feels like some days drag. Hang on!

Oh definitely fighting this crap. His CSL is 7.

7??
TPM 2026!!!

Im requesting reconsideration, to start with, im also hiring a lawyer to look over everything and then we will decide what to do from there. Yeah GDOC can find them another man. I want mine back!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to antsee For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 04:46 PM

Yes!! Fight girl fight!! Out LOs need us!! IMHO lawyers are needed for direction with TPM’s. Especially crazy TPM’s like ours. Plus lawyers can do a legal parole packet!
What was his max out? So he’s done 30 mos currently plus adding 6 more years; totaling 102 mos? for CSL 7?
Omg I love that statement: GDC needs to find another man bc I want mine back! I FELT THAT! I want mine home SOON! One more day down tho!

Last edited by MCV; 07-16-2020 at 04:49 PM..