Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:40 PM

Default Out of state, disability and section 8

Can anybody help me or specifically know of anybody who can help me in Illinois? Or do I have to have a lawyer help me? I have a disability and I’m on section 8 my boyfriend is currently in Sheridan. He is Getting out in late July and does not have anywhere to go but a halfway house but he really wants to leave the state of Illinois. Do we need to be married right away? Is there any exception for somebody on section 8 if they are married? He is putting in the interstate transfer request today! If you do you know anything or have any suggestions please contact me right away and I will give you a direct way to get contact me
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2019, 05:52 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts

Hi chey87, the first thing you should do is read your lease. See if all felons are denied housing or only some felons depending on their charges. It doesn't matter, not even one iota, if you're married to the felon seeking housing or not.

There are rules & policies for Interstate Compact, rather than point out what I feel applies to you & your situation, here is the link to those rules / policies for you to review, see what applies to you & what doesn't:

https://www.interstatecompact.org/step-by-step

Good luck to you both.....and congrats on his soon release

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
chey87 (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 07:43 PM

From the IL government section handbook:
Sex Offenders and Manufacturers of Methamphetamines
Many supportive housing programs are required to reject sex offenders
and persons convicted or manufacturing methamphetamine. A Sex
Offender is a person who has been convicted of a sex crime or a person
who currently has to register in any way with a sex offender database
or the local police department. Persons convicted of manufacturing
methamphetamine are denied because the process of making
methamphetamines creates hazardous fumes and can cause a fire. For
this reason, persons who have been convicted of arson are also often
denied by supportive housing providers.

https://www2.illinois.gov/dcfs/brigh...g-Handbook.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
chey87 (04-24-2019), patchouli (04-23-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 01:30 PM

The only thing he has on his record is robberies
Old 06-15-2019, 01:37 PM

Chey87: can you please give us an update on whether your boyfriend was approved for parole out of state and where is he going to stay? I hope it all worked out for him.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey87 View Post
Can anybody help me or specifically know of anybody who can help me in Illinois? Or do I have to have a lawyer help me? I have a disability and I’m on section 8 my boyfriend is currently in Sheridan. He is Getting out in late July and does not have anywhere to go but a halfway house but he really wants to leave the state of Illinois. Do we need to be married right away? Is there any exception for somebody on section 8 if they are married? He is putting in the interstate transfer request today! If you do you know anything or have any suggestions please contact me right away and I will give you a direct way to get contact me
Okay I don’t know firsthand but my husband does. The interstate transfer usually takes up to three months. Candidly, people don’t usually disclose section 8 and it’s fine... depending on certain circumstances of course. If there’s electronic monitoring they’ll do a home visit prior to approval. But for the most part in ILDOC they’ll approve home sites verbally. Now idk what state you’re in, but that’s here. I’d suggest for your best chance of approval be forthcoming and truthful and call field services at Sheridan NOW. If yes getting out in July they gave the file, they start prepping shit 60 days prior.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”