Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighter_days
Hi~My name is Jessica, my best friend is an inmate at Chippewa Valley Correctional Facility(WI).He will be coming home in December and I would like any advice on how to make the transition easier for him.
Welcome to PTO Jessica!
I wish I could provide you with some advice you are looking for,... my man is still locked up, and (ironically) going to Chippewa Valley very shortly.
I hope your friend's transition goes smoothly...

He'll be home by June of 08' the latest!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Closed

Hey all

i talk to a guy at stanley correctional we`ve only been talking for a few months but he seems like a great guy
Old 12-06-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkdaboat
Hey all

i talk to a guy at stanley correctional we`ve only been talking for a few months but he seems like a great guy
Welcome to PTO!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:09 PM

My name is Venessa and my man is in Waupun he is a lifer and I still will be by his side!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 AM

Hi Vanessa! I hope you managed to post what you wanted to!!
Good to see you here and since you are loving a lifer I will be seeing you in that forum as well?...
Abelle
Old 12-07-2006, 06:58 PM

Hi Vanessa! Welcome to PTO, my man is also at Waupun, might as well be a lifer, he has 30 yrs to go

Muneca618
Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, my name is Candy in Milwaukee. I am currently a home health aide and is getting ready to go back to school for Licensed practical nurse. My man is currently in Dodge on a parole violation. He received 18 months. He got out on parole after serving 15 years. He was out 3 years before he went back. He has 15 months left.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy
Hi, my name is Candy in Milwaukee. I am currently a home health aide and is getting ready to go back to school for Licensed practical nurse. My man is currently in Dodge on a parole violation. He received 18 months. He got out on parole after serving 15 years. He was out 3 years before he went back. He has 15 months left.
Welcome back to PTO Candy!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
What Needs Must Be

Hello, I'm the wife of a fed. inmate at Oxford. He's in for felon in possession of unregistered firearm, 46 month sentence. I'm currently not working, staying home to take care of our three boys. We plan to visit him soon, but I have no idea what/where/how to get information about visiting rules at Oxford, although I am familiar with the general rules of visitation listed on bop.gov. I don't want to break any rules because of ignorance.

He's finding Oxford a place of deep learning about himself and his life-he's doing great and really changing for the better.He actually gets nervous when considering that he might get released early-he wants to be ready, done with school, and confident. I'm really proud of how far he's come, how much he's grown. And I miss him horribly!

Hi all!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM

My man Carlos is in Oakhill Correctional Inst. he will be out the end of May!

We met through my brother-in-law when he was locked up in Green Bay where I live. We have been talking and seeing each other for about two years now and IM SO HAPPY HE IS ABOUT TO BE OUT!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Hi, My name is Veronica and I am new to Prison Talk. I live in California, but my husband is in the federal prison system in FCI Oxford WI. He has been locked up for 3 1/2 years. He just got moved to WI in December, and we miss him so much. By "we" meaning me and our 3 daughters. Our daughters are 9,7 and 5. He hasn't seen them since November and they miss eachother so much. I have flown out to WI once to visit by myself in January (I don't know how anyone deals with snow everyday) and we will alll be taking a trip to visit in May. Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do with my girls while we are not visiting (8-3)? we will be staying in Oxford.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Life DOES Go On! :)

Assuming you'll be renting a car, here are some area attractions you might want to check out. Wisconsin Dells isn't too far from Oxford ~ it's a tourist town with many attractions (some aren't open for the season until Memorial Day, but many are open year 'round).

http://www.redridgeranch.com/
http://www.woodsideranch.com/home.html
http://www.dells.com/index3.html

Oxford itself I'd consider to be a somewhat remote area, with not a lot right in/really close to the town to see. Perhaps others may have more ideas.

Hope you have a GREAT visit!

Last edited by 4ever2gether; 04-17-2007 at 12:02 PM..
Old 04-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Lonely wife

I would also have suggested Wisconsin Dells. Check out the website and some of the links for area attractions. It is about a half hour from Oxford and there really is so much to do there. Even on the offseason there are indoor waterparks and stuff that the girls would probably love. Depending on the weather too, there are some really nice parks along the Wisconsin River which is about 15 minutes from Oxford for picnics and stuff. My husband is in New Lisbon so I actually drive through that area once a month. Good luck!

2018 Club Member #4

Old 04-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Thank you so much, I looked at the web site (dells), and there are some things they would like. I have to ask another question.... how do you get your picture by your username??? I uploaded a pic... but it's not showing. Oh and as for our little trip, we arrive in Maddison WI on May 24th and leave on May 29th. That way we will be able to visit Friday, sat, Sun and Monday, since Monday is a holiday.

I just joined yesterday... but gosh there is so much stuff on here., it takes a lot of time but it is very interesting.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ali. I am new to this whole experience. I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now. The whole time he has been on parole but in early March he broke his parole and got revoke for 6 months. I know this is such a short time compared to what alot of you have to deal with but it is still so hard. He just got moved to Dodge on Friday after almost 6 weeks in the County jail. I don't know what to think. I wait everyday hoping he will call. I have my phone set up and everything but no word yet. We talked a few times a week while he was in teh county jail and I really miss that. I just found this website recently and all the information has really helped. I figured I should finially introduce my self.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Someday

AloneinWI, it took my boyfreind about a week in a after to finally be able to call. Did you call Dodge and see if they actually have him yet? Tim ending up doing a couple days in MFDS and said it was horrible...once he got to Dodge it took them a little while to process him, and than finally they allowed him to make phone calls. I would write him a letter telling him u know where he is and have money on your phone! Best of luck!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:38 AM

AloneInWI, welcome. If he's in reception at Dodge, he only gets one phone call per week. So, maybe he used it to call his family or something and you'll get one next week.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 AM

I finally got a phone call this week. Its amazing how such a little thing can really brighten your day.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:06 PM

I am Eve and from Marinette, WI. My man David is in the W.C.I. right now and due to get out August 7th.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
{T4L}*Tone's 4 Lyfe*

Hello My Fiance Is Currently In R.C.I Where Luckly I Also Stay Which Is Racine . . He Has Been In 2 Yrs An Hopefully Will B Home In The Next 7 Months . . . This Will B Our Only An Last Time In This Situation . .
Old 07-01-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Hello

Greetings!

I am "new" to the group and I would like to take this opportunity to say hello to the members of Prison Talk. As I work closely with policy-makers, prisoner coalition groups, and DOC, my position as a Legislative Assistant with the State Legislature led me to this forum.

Among the many issues that I work on a daily basis, prison reform and criminal justice is at the top. It's a tough job with long hours, and a lot of ups and downs, but at the end of each day, I walk away with the satisification of knowing that I did "something" to help improve our prison system, especially the quality of life of for the men, women, husbands, wifes, children, brothers, sisters, friends, boyfriends and girlfriends of those who are incarcerated. I may not have all the solutions but at least I try to find them.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself.

Respectfully,

Justice I. Diva
Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Default New to the site

Hey everyone! My name is Amber I am 24 years old and my boyfriend of three years is currently at Oakhill Correctional Institution. It has been a long road. We have a 14 month old baby boy named Blaine. Chris (boyfriend) has been back in since December 17th 2006 which led to him being revocated four weeks before he was finished with his parole. So now he is in until December 4th 2007. So I thought I would check out this site and thought it would be awesome to be able to talk to others in similar situations because I do not know anyone else that has. I feel like if I try to talk to my friends about this they are just being nice to my face but I know judgements are running through there mind. It is kind of embarrasing in a way. Well I am always looking to talk to anyone. Thanks guys!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM

Justice:

What can I do to become a more active advocate for probation & parole/prison reform? A recent incident involving my friend threw me full force into the world of probation and corrections. I've had at least two incidents in which my rights as a citizen were infringed upon, or threatened to be infringed upon. Unfortunately, due to the fact the my friend is at the mercy of the same authorities that treated me inappropriately, I felt (as I'm sure many other have) that I could not voice a proper complaint for fear that they (the authorities) would retaliate against him.

I have been completely astounded at the lack of professionalism that many P.O.s and C.O.s have demonstrated. At a recent sentencing hearing, I was amazed at the lack of preparation by the District Attorney's office, and by the subjective statements made by the judge. This entire experience upsets me. I believe that justice is not being properly served in our United States -- that we have allowed the standard of excellence for these entities to be lowered to such an extent that we excuse their behavior because "thats just the way it is". Well, it shouldn't be.

I want to do something about it....How and where can I get on board?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:07 AM

Hi all, i,m Julie and my fiance is at CCI, quite a way from the UK (smile), but it works for us..., I am a reverend so my faith keeps me strong, but I,m also a woman so the phonecalls/letters help too (lol).
I get a very frowned upon reception from the Ins when I visit, and correspondence questioning our relationship was sent to my superiors! Let he who is without sin comes to mind....! I am somewhat of a creative person and although I would never break any rules I do test them my fella calls me 'loophole' ha-ha!
It's great to meet everyone, this is a mine of information and support, God bless you all...
Old 08-05-2007, 05:33 PM

Hello my name is Rita.I live in madison wi. and I have a son in fox lake corrections facility.

Last edited by kelow; 08-05-2007 at 05:38 PM..