Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Default Drama drama drama - husband's family issues

omg, im having so much drama from my husbands sister. She apperantly is having a hard time accepting that i am his wife. So she is basically saying things about me on myspace and to people who know me. I dont know what to do and i really dont have time for this. I am going through alot right now and all i am trying to do is love and support my husband while he goes through this ordeal. But i am getting tired of dealing with her and the drama that she is creating. I tried to talk to my husband about this issue but all he can tell me is that theres not anything he can do since hes in jail. So i basically feel like i am here to defend myself. My sister in law and I never had a problem before my husband went to jail, we used to be friends. So thats why i dont understand why she is being so problamatic. Has anyone dealt with this before??? and if so how did you handle this situation. please feel free to message me. Because im going to get tired of this
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Texas and Ohio
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val912 View Post
omg, im having so much drama from my husbands sister. She apperantly is having a hard time accepting that i am his wife. So she is basically saying things about me on myspace and to people who know me. I dont know what to do and i really dont have time for this. I am going through alot right now and all i am trying to do is love and support my husband while he goes through this ordeal. But i am getting tired of dealing with her and the drama that she is creating. I tried to talk to my husband about this issue but all he can tell me is that theres not anything he can do since hes in jail. So i basically feel like i am here to defend myself. My sister in law and I never had a problem before my husband went to jail, we used to be friends. So thats why i dont understand why she is being so problamatic. Has anyone dealt with this before??? and if so how did you handle this situation. please feel free to message me. Because im going to get tired of this
Well, not knowing the situation and history it is hard to give you advice. However, whenever possible I try to ignore negative people. Maybe she is really having a hard time dealing with her brother and you are the dog that gets kicked.

I always get a bit crazy and tell everyone that I need positive energy around me. Then there is the old adage of "if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KathleenTX For This Useful Post:
Nora L (02-03-2010), PrincessWarrior1 (03-13-2015)
Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

Read "The Four Agreements" Short read, and you will be liberated from this situation. Her feelings will be her feelings and that is it...it will have nothing to do with yours.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:40 PM

Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,014 Posts

I know someone going thru the same exact thing. My advice would be to turn a deaf ear to any negativity in your life and anyone who causes it. Go on about your business as if nothing has happened with her. However, you do not have to let anybody be a part of your life that brings negativity. Others will make their own decisons about you.
"If they are dumb enough to walk away, be smart enough to let them"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaB58 For This Useful Post:
Onaicult (01-27-2010), PrincessWarrior1 (03-13-2015)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,298 Times in 761 Posts

What a sucky situation, Val912 When you need the most support is when some people decide to stick it to you, aye?
Well, my advice would be to ignore it, or at least don't stoop to her level. If she keeps running around saying bad things - and you stay right and keep your head up - eventually people will see the situation for what it is. If someone stops talking to you, based on an untrue rumor - is that really the kind of person you would want around anyways? She may be doing you a favor - and weeding out the bad seeds.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 PM

thank you guys for your kind words because they are very helpful and you are all right, im not gonna let the negativity consume me, i already deal with enough negativity.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:21 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,161 Times in 731 Posts

It's such a shame that your sis n law is behaving like that! I know everyone deals with their emotions differently but is there a chance that in her pain over her brother she's pushing you away? It just seems that often when our loved ones find themselves in the system through our pain and fears we want someone/something to blame or strike out at. Not that it excuses your sis n laws actions. Maybe by letting her know that this is very difficult for you too and it would be nice if the two of you could support each other with a reminder that it would make life easier for your husband too she would halt the drama.

With everything else you have to deal with I would have to agree with others - if she choses to keep the drama going don't let her make you miserable! Good luck!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

The Following User Says Thank You to mamajmg For This Useful Post:
PrincessWarrior1 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onaicult View Post
What a sucky situation, Val912 When you need the most support is when some people decide to stick it to you, aye?
Well, my advice would be to ignore it, or at least don't stoop to her level. If she keeps running around saying bad things - and you stay right and keep your head up - eventually people will see the situation for what it is. If someone stops talking to you, based on an untrue rumor - is that really the kind of person you would want around anyways? She may be doing you a favor - and weeding out the bad seeds.
I wanted to say thank you for all this great advice and the original poster. I'm new to my relationship so we are still getting to know one another. And this thread has been a great comfort and very uplifting to read.

I get a little jealous over his family and they are the ones saying how he is such a "pain in the ass" when he's so worried about them and I'm tired of hearing it all so I told him the other day.

Where there is great love, there are always miracles. We are each other's angels