Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:34 PM
loving my caged bird

Angry TRCI has taken tv's off canteen list

Now the tv's have been taken off the canteen list. When my husband tries to ask (and he aks the Seargents, CO's, puts in kytes) he get's no straight answer other than it could be months before they are available for purchase again. Anyone else have any info about this?

Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

We are being told the same thing out at SRCI! It will be a few months!
Old 04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Donation Award 

It might be due to the changeover of digital. The TVs they were currently selling probably weren't digital and wouldn't have worked for very long. Just an idea....

Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM
loving my caged bird

That's 'funny' Waiting4ss~~~~I'm 'spending' my day off searching for info about the digital-to-analog converter boxes and I am just writing that in the letter to him! I think it has to do with the conversion, too. If anyone needs info about the conversion and these digital to analog converter boxes, I have MORE info than I really want! I know which retailers sell them, what brands, and I'm currently reading the reviews. I sent away for my 'government coupon' (what a crock, the damn boxes should be free imo!!!). Allegedly (don't we all love this word!-not!) the government is running out of these $40-off coupons that you use to BUY the converter boxes. Hmmmmm, don't they print our money? Me thinks it would be easier to print the coupons as compared to currency, but who am I to think??? Anyway, hurry to the www.dtv2009.gov for your family-friendly coupons so that YOU, TOO, can continue to watch tv after 2-17-2009

Old 04-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Boss

2 Lovebirds, so good to see you again. Hope you are doing well. How's the job?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
loving my caged bird

Hi one_luv. I have been undergoing tests for a strange illness that started with a bacterial infection last December. Thanks for asking! No straight answers yet, just ruled out kidney disease and bladder cancer. I'll meet with my general practice dr. again next week. Oh and my job is still great!

Well my husband found out who is in charge of the prison operations with issues such as tv's. I found his Salem phone# and email, I left a message on his voice mail yesterday and if I will send him an email if I don't hear from him in a couple days. Would be great for our guys to find out when tv's will be available for purchase again!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Live. Love. Laugh.
Donation Award 

My honey just bought a TV a little over a month ago. I have yet to hear about them being taken on the canteen list there. I will talk to him when he calls today and ask him if he's heard anything!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:10 PM

I heard they are all sold not so they told people so stop ordering for now

Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Here we go again...
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lovebirds View Post
That's 'funny' Waiting4ss~~~~I'm 'spending' my day off searching for info about the digital-to-analog converter boxes and I am just writing that in the letter to him! I think it has to do with the conversion, too. If anyone needs info about the conversion and these digital to analog converter boxes, I have MORE info than I really want! I know which retailers sell them, what brands, and I'm currently reading the reviews. I sent away for my 'government coupon' (what a crock, the damn boxes should be free imo!!!). Allegedly (don't we all love this word!-not!) the government is running out of these $40-off coupons that you use to BUY the converter boxes. Hmmmmm, don't they print our money? Me thinks it would be easier to print the coupons as compared to currency, but who am I to think??? Anyway, hurry to the www.dtv2009.gov for your family-friendly coupons so that YOU, TOO, can continue to watch tv after 2-17-2009
The converter's the government is giving coupons for are only for people who currently use an antennae. As long as you subscribe to cable service or satellite you won't need to do anything different come Feb. 2009