Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Donation Award 

i dunno bout that but if it helps, i have not gotten email or a call since yesterday early :-(
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Donation Award 

I just left the camp at 1pm after visiting but I don't know about the medium
Old 10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Donation Award 

I just got an email......didnt sound like there was a lock down :-)

Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM

Anyone know how the email system works at the camp. I have to report there in about 30 days.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:58 AM

Hello!
Unfortunately, I can't give you much info about the email system. It wasn't in place yet when I left Marion camp in May 2008. However, I do communicate with some friends that are still there via email. What I can tell you is that it does cost - but not much. They do have to buy their time on the computer. It is also delayed anywhere from about 3-6 hours from what I can tell. I don't know if there are any limits - seems they can send as much as they want. (if they pay for it). They use a system from www dot corrlinks dot com. That's what I have to log into to read their messages and send them something in return. It doesn't come directly to my private email address.

Hope that helps!

Patrick
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Donation Award 

My husband is at Marion. Yes, e-mail works. You'll have to send "invitations" to those you want to e-mail and they will have to accept your invitation. Your e-mails will not go direct to their in-box but there is the option to get e-mail notices to your in-box telling you that you have a new e-mail at corrlinks.com. I believe it's 5 cents/min.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Default Help Needed - USP Marion

Hi All,

I am new here and need help . My friend is in USP Marion according to Inmate Locator. I am sorry if these questions are already answered. I couldn't find the right answers and hence starting a New Thread.

I am not in US and he doesn't have any friends and Family in US. Its quite difficult to be Jailed abroad, no one would be able to meet him for a looong time. What are the options of communication? Will there be an email facility? Will he be allowed to write and receive to/from outside of US?
How do you deposit money to him?

I am sure he wont be allowed to call to outside of US

By initial info I got from the Internet, Its not a High Security super max anymore ? Any more information on hos is the place would be of great help.

My friend is a Pure Vegetarian. He cannot eat any meat. Will he be given Vegetarian food in USP Marion?

Thanks a lot for any info
Old 06-07-2011, 05:27 AM

Any help please??
Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Donation Award 

My husband just left the Marion camp - there is also a medium facility there and somewhere in there is a max also. They do have e-mail there but he will have to send you a request to accept his e-mails first. Their mail is all screened so I doubt it makes a difference where it comes from. If you write to him you will have to have his fed inmate # under his name followed by the facility address. The easiest way to put money into his account is through Western Union Quick Collect - again you will need his inmate # and the address is FBOP, DC. Sorry but I don't know about the diet. I'm tending to think there are no special diets - they never gave my husband a diabetic diet. They'll probably just tell him not to eat the meat - if you can call it meat!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Thanks a lot for the Information krogersrn.
It was very helpful. Wishing a good health to you and your Husband.

I will try to get the inmate # and get him email me soon.

Thanks again
Old 06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Donation Award 

Glad to help. I'm here if you need more info.
The Following User Says Thank You to krogersrn For This Useful Post:
Uzizitka (06-28-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
LYIDFIW

USP Marion used to be a high security prison but it is now a medium and there is an adjacent low next to it. So it is not a high security prison anymore. it houses male medium level and has an adjacent sattelite camp. it should be called an fci, they just haven't changed the name.It is only still named usp because it was the supermax for the federal prison that replaced alcatraz for sometime. go to this website. http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/mar/index.jsp

you should be able to send mail,
if he is in the medium level security,
you need to put this exactly to get mail there:

INMATE NAME & REGISTER NUMBER
USP MARION
U.S. PENITENTIARY
P.O. BOX 1000
MARION, IL 62959

If he is in the satellite (low security) camp then put this:
INMATE NAME & REGISTER NUMBER
USP MARION
SATELLITE CAMP
P.O. BOX 1000
MARION, IL 62959

Good luck and hopefully you guys will be able to correspond
Oh and it seems like you do speak (or atleast type) english, so make sure that your mail is english other wise it likely will be sent back or tossed out because the guards have to be able to read it.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Is your loved one still at usp marion? I want to visit my husband in september but i have never been to this part of the us before haha. anybody here who can tell me anything about the visiting that would be great, like what they fill the vending machines with haha
thank you so much x
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
LYIDFIW

Click on the link I have above on my last post and then on the right their should be their policy in a pdf form for visiting. Vending machines have soda, water, juice, coffee, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, muffins, other junk food lol. You are allowed to bring $20 in quarters or 1 dollar bills with you. Just make sure you don't wear lotion, perfume, heavy deodorant, hairspray other than the top of your head, and in my experience, I took a damp wash clothe and wiped my self head to toe (yes shoes and belt) down after failing the ion drug scan. Everything picks up on that machine. Goodluck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayla28 For This Useful Post:
Uzizitka (08-16-2011)
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

It depends on where he is in USP Marion. USP Marion is now a medium security facility but there is also a Communications Management Unit there. You need to ask him if he's in the general prison or in the CMU because they are completely different as far as phone/mail goes. In the CMU, there is no contact visiting - only through glass and special arrangements have to be made.

Federal prisoners in regular prisons are allowed to call overseas if they have the funds on their books to do that. He would have to get your phone number on his approved phone list. But email, if they have it, is much cheaper.

Be sure that you are on his approved visiting list before making your travel arrangements. He can tell you if you are.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:53 PM

Hey guys, my man is in the USP Marion ( I think that's what they call it, it's the medium security location in Marion, Illinois). I'm just trying to get more information about the location and the like. My boy went in on the twelveth, and I know it hasn't been long, but how long should it take for him to get my letters? I sent one the night he left, and every day after. So far, I've gotten zero response.

Also, if he's in the Medium location, does that mean I can't touch him when I want to see him next weekend? It's a seven hour drive each way, I wanna touch him darnit!

Never give up, never surrender, never stop loving.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:54 PM

I heard that FCI Marion was on Lockdown the other night because of a fight? Anyone know if this is true or not?

Never give up, never surrender, never stop loving.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Does anyone have current information on Marion? I will be reporting there in about a week. I was supposed to surrender to FPC Montgomery, but they changed it at the last minute. Any updated information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ken
Old 08-28-2012, 02:12 AM

Looking for visiting advice, airports, best hotels. Thanks.

DecafCoffee
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Donation Award 

My husband was at the camp at Marion. There are 2 airports about 1/2 hour away - one is a regional airport that does a commuter route to the large St. Louis airport - the other is in Carbondale. Amtrak also goes to Carbondale and you can rent a car there for like $20 for the weekend. There are several hotels right in Marion. I always stayed at the Quality Inn - nice outdoor pool - good breakfast - walk to nearby restaurants - gas station right there. Visiting at the camp was pretty laid back. For any females that are visiting - no backless shoes, no sleeveless, no shorts/skirts above the knee - they will turn you away for these.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 AM

Default Transferred

I noticed that there are no new posts in USP Marion. Through the Inmate Locator on BOP.gov I just found out that my son was transferred to USP Marion from FCI Terre Haute. He is an SO and spent his first 2 months out of 60 in SHU for his protection. I am not sure yet whether he is going to the Camp or the Main Unit, but if any one can give me information about either, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Donation Award 

My husband was at the camp. Pretty quiet there. Dormitory sleeping - 2 bunks to a cubicle. The food was OK and the commissary had a decent selection. Not a lot of educational opportunities. Lots of gym equipment and a large outdoor area with a track, bball, etc. There's a library and a chapel. Everyone is assigned a job. Let me know if you would like any additional info.
The Following User Says Thank You to krogersrn For This Useful Post:
momofdrummer79 (10-01-2012)
Old 05-18-2013, 04:12 PM

Default Need info on Marion Illinois Federal Prison

Hello
Hope I am putting this in a good spot ... My boyfriend is in holding in Oklahoma City and is on his way to Marion Illinois Prison, neither of us can find any information - - wondering if anyone been there if they can shed some info for him ...
These were some specific questions he had:

ask if the yard is a split yard? and if the RADP people have there own units,? & ask (if its somebody whos been there or knows somebody there) ask if they check paperwork there.(the inmates)..

Thank YOu
Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

trehaws,

I've moved your post to the Marion sticky. While you're waiting for a response, you may find an answer to your question (or other questions) posted throughout the sticky.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 PM

Default marion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissy687 View Post
I just found out my brother will be going to usp marion illinois next month.Could someone please give me any information on this facility.I am very worried.I would like to know the conditions there;is it dangerous;a gym;any information will help me please.
marion isnt that dangerous anymore. we transitioned it from lockdown unit to a medium security in 2006. it is only holding the usp status still cause only congress can change that.. but it is a medium now. they started the first sex offender program there under the administration of warden holingsworth. so it is tough when you have small kids visiting . they is not a gym with weights. however, they do have a track , handball , tennis courts and cardio equipment . they just recently started the rdap program there. so he could perhaps get a year off for that as well. any specific questions are welcome. i was there for almost 8 years before i transferred. so i should be able to answer whatever you need to know.. take care........