Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Ms Lady

Unhappy First Time Felon Headed To Pekin, any advice?

Hello everyone, I am new to PTO and I have been able to find a lot of useful information and was wondering could anyone offer any specifics on Pekin Womens Camp? I was just sentenced to 15 mths and I want to know how much of that will I have to do and when will I be released to a halfway house? Another question, how is that facility set up? A lot of unexperienced people are telling me that Fed Time is real easy to do! Is this true, and how are the living arragements? Is there like a small 8x4 room per two people and is there lockdown at night time? How does the phone calls work, how soon can we make phone calls once we arrive? I have soooo many questions, can someone please help? The only good thing is that my co-defendant was sentenced to 15 mths too, and we both have requested to go to Pekin, what's the chance that we will both get to go there together? And would we be able to be in the same section together, to see each other everyday?
Thanks!
Scared and Nervous,
Ms Lady
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2006, 08:55 AM

i dont think they usually put co-defendants together but i am not 100% sure, me and my brother wer co-defendents and we are hopin we can be placed in the same facility
Old 02-10-2006, 10:22 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

MsLady 50, welcome to PTO, I am sure someone can answer your questions. There is also a thread for women's prisons in the federal forums, if you are federal check there.

CATHERINE
Old 02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Ms Lady

JOHNSLAMB,
Are you still waiting to find out if you & your brother will be together, or is it official you'll be seperated?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:52 PM

still waiting he wont get sentenced untill march so ill already be inside, ive already recieved my designation, so we are going to get his attorney to ask for the Judge to recommend the same place, right now we are keeping our fingers crossed because it would be so much easier on our family if they would do that but as u know they can do what they want so who knows
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Ms Lady

Oh well, both of us requested the same facility and the Judge is requesting it so maybe we will have a slight chance of going to the same place.. Because we both had seperate sentencing dates too, and she requested it on hers, and I did the same on a seperate date, the Judge asked if the Prosecutor had any objection to that and he said no, so the Judge says he will put in the request for me too to go the same one.... Good Luck on yours!!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered

MS LADY 50,

I know this is a particularly difficult and troubling time and that the questions flow a lot faster than the answers. My best advce at this point is to take a deep breath and try to relax. As you will soon find, PTO full of knowledgable and compassionate folks wo will help you sort through all of this. You may want to take some time and do a "Search" through the various forums and you will most likely find the answers to many of your questions there.

That said, I will answer a few of your questions here and leave room for others who may want to pick up where I leave off.

On a 15 mnth sentence you serve roughly 13 mnths in BOP Custody. (BOP CUSTODY = Time "Behind the Walls + 1/2 Way House Time). You will also be eligible for about 1mnth 10days of 1/2 way house time meaning you will spend just over 1 yr "inside".
If you ave already spent any time inside in connection with these charges... this will also earn you credit on your sentence.

As to Phones, you will get 300 minutes/mnth (400min in NOV/DEC) at a rate of .23 cents/min for long distance and/or .06 cents/min for local calls. This applies to prepaid calls from your phone account. Collect calls will be more. You will also only be allowed to call preapproved numbers that you submit upon arrival and will be limited to 30 numbers. It will tale 7-10 working days to establish your phone priveleges. Each facility will vary slightly on when phones will be made available to you.

As I said in the beginning... there are lots of good people here who are willing to help you out; so pull up a chair, take a deep breath, relax, and prepare to meet some of your new best friends.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"
Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Ms Lady

Thanks Michael, I was wondering about the half-way house time. I was told that I could do anywhere from 3 to 6 months in a halfway house? Is this different at different places, or should I not get my hopes up high? Also, when I first arrive and see my counselor (I'm not sure what they call them) The person that figures my outdate.... Will they most likely be able to tell me how much time I will be allowed to do at the half-way house?
Thanks a lot!!
Ms Lady
Old 02-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

As a general rule you should count on getting 10% of your time in BOP Custody as 1/2 Way House Time. There are certain cicumstances were you may receive more... but these occassions are very rarely implimented and should not be counted on.

Keep the Faith

Michael

"You have to go through the rain to get to the rainbow"