Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:00 AM
Waiting for my man

Default How fast does probation move?

Hubby has been counting and recounting all his good time/mrs. He thinks he could be home late next week (not holding my breath) or September. He said last week he filled out probation/parole paperwork.

With that filled out, what are the next steps? How early do they fill out the paperwork before release?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2019, 10:57 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts

Hey, looks like his Homecoming is getting close no matter how you figure it I'm not familiar with the process for Mandatory Release Supervision, My Mr has never been / will never be eligible for MRS

I would think he should check his timesheet, see if what he's figured is the same as DOC's. There a big difference between being released "nest week" and being released in "September."

By "probation/parole paperwork" do you mean he filled out his Home Plan? If so, there will need be a Home Inspection. It could be anywhere from now to a few weeks before the PO does the Home Placement Inspection, just depends on his/her caseload.

Have you checked KOOL to see what DOC has listed for his projected release date (PRD)?

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-24-2019, 01:26 PM
Waiting for my man

So right now on Kool his sitting at 5/31/20. He's currently in a sap program which he'll get 90 days when he finishes, technically Saturday. He did another program called portles(idk about the spelling) while in sap and they told him he'll get those 90 days added when he finishes sap. So next week he should get 180 days added (90 for sap 90 or portles) which will put in in December. Then he's adding 6 months for mrs which is where he is getting the idea of early July release. I tell him they don't move as fast as you lol. I figured him filling out probation paperwork, that's a good sign things moving forward. I'm not sure what the next steps are. I'm guessing a home visit. And how far ahead of release do they start this process?
Old 06-24-2019, 05:57 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Since he's filled out the Home Placement paperwork, the process has started. How long before the actual inspection is done is anybody's guess. Its going to depend on the PO, their caseload, whether or not they have vacation penciled in on their calendar and whether or not they're a procrastinator. There is no easy answer on "when."

On the 180 days credit, just because he's completed SAP on Saturday doesn't mean the DOC has added it to his timesheet. I believe they only calculate the timesheet once a month, so it won't be on there until the first week of July minus the holiday / weekends....shoot, maybe even the following week, I just don't know.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 06-24-2019 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: add word
Old 06-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,044 Times in 3,004 Posts

Yep, they aren't always on it right away. Too many chiefs, not enough indians is the old saying I believe. I had to call last week about a guy whose caseworker sent in his program certification on Tuesday. He should have been out Thursday. I called them on Friday and got his time all sorted out. He went home late Friday evening.

Give it a week after he finishes his classes. If it hasn't been added, PM me.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:38 PM
Waiting for my man

So little update. Hubby called me this morning and said yesterday they gave him the home placement paperwork to fill out. Trying not to get too excited but things are going in the right direction.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astafford07 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-30-2019), patchouli (06-30-2019), sass4221 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 06:31 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

...another step in the process and one day closer to his coming Home!

patchouli, PTO Admin