Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:47 AM

Default Parole Violation

Hello, I have a question! my loved on was just sent back to nrc on a technical parole violation. He was on house arrest and left home with out prior authorization. Before this case of which he is on parole for now, he has never served anytime in IDOC. My question is. what will happen on the 26th at his parole board meeting. let me add, he has to register for a case from 16 years ago so they are strict on the site he paroles to.. however as i said he was out on parole when he violated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha2 View Post
Hello, I have a question! my loved on was just sent back to nrc on a technical parole violation. He was on house arrest and left home with out prior authorization. Before this case of which he is on parole for now, he has never served anytime in IDOC. My question is. what will happen on the 26th at his parole board meeting. let me add, he has to register for a case from 16 years ago so they are strict on the site he paroles to.. however as i said he was out on parole when he violated.
Hi there. Sorry to hear this. Mines back in on a PV too and its sucks. So his hearing is the 26th. How much time was left on his parole? If they violate him, hell serve half the remaining time. If they kick him back out on parole he can just go back to his parole site. I am not clear on what youre asking about the registration from the old case?

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 12:48 PM

he is on the SO registration site. so 16 years ago he had to become a SO registrant. something he didnt serve time for... A counselor at statesville told me today that they could extend his parole? is that a normal choice? His case that he was on parole for was, he got messed up in drugs with people and walked into a school not knowing what it was. ( he gets pretty out of it) he got 18 months and a year parole. he did in vandalia 9 months, was out last December. his parole violations was, as i said he left home, while on monitoring. (due to drugs) he had asked both his parole officers that he had in the 6 months of his parole to let him go to drug treatment.. He told them both he had a problem and they would not allow him to leave home to go to treatment for drugs. . He relapsed and left home! When he turned himself in (2 days later) he only had 6 months on parole left.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:02 PM

what if they dont violate him however the parole officer will not approve his apt that he had prior to the violation? I was told that they would not approve the same place as that is where his violations occurred from, or was his last site.. i should add again, being on the SO registry they are very strict on what they approve.. more so then someone on just parole.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
what if they dont violate him however the parole officer will not approve his apt that he had prior to the violation? I was told that they would not approve the same place as that is where his violations occurred from, or was his last site.. i should add again, being on the SO registry they are very strict on what they approve.. more so then someone on just parole.
Who told you that? I do not believe that to be true with my experience. My husband was on EM too, cut off his bracelet, went awol & got put back out on parole and was able to have the same site. The prb determines the conditions, unless the PO wrote in his statement that its not a favorable home site it should be fine. They could extend it, but theres no new charges and most likely they wont. They might extend his EM thru the end of his parole if they put him back out. Was he supposed to be on EM the entire parole period? Tbh if I were him, Id violate myself do the three months and come out not on paper. Parole is a mfer to adhere to. I understand the SO issue is more severe, but tbh I really dont see an issue with him going back becuz of a technical violation while on EM.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-19-2019), patchouli (06-23-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Who told you that? I do not believe that to be true with my experience. My husband was on EM too, cut off his bracelet, went awol & got put back out on parole and was able to have the same site. The prb determines the conditions, unless the PO wrote in his statement that its not a favorable home site it should be fine. They could extend it, but theres no new charges and most likely they wont. They might extend his EM thru the end of his parole if they put him back out. Was he supposed to be on EM the entire parole period? Tbh if I were him, Id violate myself do the three months and come out not on paper. Parole is a mfer to adhere to. I understand the SO issue is more severe, but tbh I really dont see an issue with him going back becuz of a technical violation while on EM.
how would he violate himself?
Old 06-19-2019, 04:35 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
how would he violate himself?
Hed have to tell the prb at his hearing he wants to do the time so hes not on paper when he gets out.

fbopnomore (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Hed have to tell the prb at his hearing he wants to do the time so hes not on paper when he gets out.
Jessesgirl111 thank you so much.. 1 more thing please. will they tell him rite there if they are sending him back or violating him? and at what point should he tell them he just wants to do it inside? i dont want them to make him do his whole 6 months. say like... if he tells them in the beginning he wants to do it insidie, they wont be like ok well then just do the whole 6 months? also will they make it retroactive to the date that he turned himself in? thank you so so much for all your time.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:03 PM

They will tell him at the meeting if he has to do his time or not. Theyll ask him for his version of events - why it happened etc. if they determine it is safe to himself and the community they may decide he can go back. If he tells them at the meeting that he wants to do his time inside, he can tell them why but they get the final say. If he doesnt have a new charge, no time will be added. If he does his time inside, IDOC calculates how much time he has left (usually half the time left on parole) - PRB doesnt determine that
Old 06-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Jessesgirl111 thank you so much.. 1 more thing please. will they tell him rite there if they are sending him back or violating him? and at what point should he tell them he just wants to do it inside? i dont want them to make him do his whole 6 months. say like... if he tells them in the beginning he wants to do it insidie, they wont be like ok well then just do the whole 6 months? also will they make it retroactive to the date that he turned himself in? thank you so so much for all your time.
It would be half of whats left. Theyll tell him right then and there yes. Read meamis reply above this.

Old 06-23-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
It would be half of whats left. Theyll tell him right then and there yes. Read meamis reply above this.

thank you for all the information. will they make it retroactive back to the day he turned himself in? as in, he is on a parole hold now until he sees the parole board, he turned himself in on 6/7, will the parole board let these days count or no? will parole begin once he sees them on the 26th? he sees them on the 26th at 830am. and if they make it retroactive to the day he was back in custody on the 7th will they give him day for day on that also if he chooses to do it inside? this is the first time ever dealing with the IDOC so i appreciate all your help and information..

thank you again!
Old 06-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
thank you for all the information. will they make it retroactive back to the day he turned himself in? as in, he is on a parole hold now until he sees the parole board, he turned himself in on 6/7, will the parole board let these days count or no? will parole begin once he sees them on the 26th? he sees them on the 26th at 830am. and if they make it retroactive to the day he was back in custody on the 7th will they give him day for day on that also if he chooses to do it inside? this is the first time ever dealing with the IDOC so i appreciate all your help and information..

thank you again!
Yes hell get Day for day credit since turning himself in as long as he wasnt locked up on another charge. Trust me I was right there with you in January, I was terrified of what happened and the ramifications of it. Best of luck to you both on the 26th.

fbopnomore (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Yes hell get Day for day credit since turning himself in as long as he wasnt locked up on another charge. Trust me I was right there with you in January, I was terrified of what happened and the ramifications of it. Best of luck to you both on the 26th.

thank you so much.. and let me know what happens with your lo on the 26th also. what time does he meet with them?
Old 06-23-2019, 03:40 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,068 Times in 16,177 Posts

Isn't time in jail on a parole hold or pv "dead time" and not counted there in Illinois? New charges do get jail credit at sentencing on the new charges only.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-23-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Isn't time in jail on a parole hold or pv "dead time" and not counted there in Illinois? New charges do get jail credit at sentencing on the new charges only.

i dont know!? kinda what i was asking,, he got no new charges.. i spoke to the facility he was in originally to the field services dept and they told me to tell him to ask the board what day his parole effective date will be cause he tended to think that they would make it retroactive.. so i ask the same here as everyone here has been thought it and not just telling me what i want to hear.
The Following User Says Thank You to buddha2 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 05:27 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Hey, IL may be different, but here in KY, if in jail on a parole hold or parole violation, that time does not count. You can look at Statutes on parole....I'll locate the link Hold on a minute....

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-23-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
i dont know!? kinda what i was asking,, he got no new charges.. i spoke to the facility he was in originally to the field services dept and they told me to tell him to ask the board what day his parole effective date will be cause he tended to think that they would make it retroactive.. so i ask the same here as everyone here has been thought it and not just telling me what i want to hear.
For my LO, his time was retroactive from when he was in county, through IDOC custody. Half the time left on his parole from the day he was arrested. (New charge didnt lead to more time)
Old 06-23-2019, 06:42 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

There are many "ifs, ands or buts," cross references, etc, in Statutes - and I am NOT an attorney - it can get rather confusing...but here is only one portion of Statues concerning violations / revocation:
(
Quote:
(730 ILCS 5/3-3-9) (from Ch. 38, par. 1003-3-9)
(Text of Section before amendment by P.A. 100-1182)

b) The Board may revoke parole or mandatory supervised release for violation of a condition for the duration of the term and for any further period which is reasonably necessary for the adjudication of matters arising before its expiration. The issuance of a warrant of arrest for an alleged violation of the conditions of parole or mandatory supervised release shall toll the running of the term until the final determination of the charge.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...SeqEnd=8500000

EDIT: Wait a minute....the above is before amendment by P.A. 100-1182.... the following is AFTER passage of 100-1182:

Quote:
(Text of Section after amendment by P.A. 100-1182)
Sec. 3-3-9. Violations; changes of conditions; preliminary hearing; revocation of parole or mandatory supervised release; revocation hearing...

(ii) the person shall be given credit against the
term of reimprisonment or reconfinement for time spent in custody since he or she was paroled or released which has not been credited against another sentence or period of confinement;

I don't understand why IL wouldn't strike / leave out / erase the part that apparently is no longer valid

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 06-23-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Old 06-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
No the PV hold counts. Waiting sentencing/plea for a new charge before being transferred for the parole board is dead time unless you get it written into the plea agreement. And even then IDOC is difficult to get them to count the time.

patchouli (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 07:01 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
No the PV hold counts. Waiting sentencing/plea for a new charge before being transferred for the parole board is dead time unless you get it written into the plea agreement. And even then IDOC is difficult to get them to count the time.

I edited by post before yours.... Thanks though!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-23-2019, 07:29 PM

ok, now im really confused.. so the time he is on parole hold counts toward the parole time or does not count? so he has been in 17 days since he turned himself in.. no new charges.. it was a technical violation. so the 17 days counts as nothing? so his discharge from parole date will be extended? and only the time after he sees parole board on the 26th will count?
Old 06-23-2019, 08:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I edited by post before yours.... Thanks though!
Oopsie missed that I replied from clicking the email XOXO

patchouli (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 08:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
ok, now im really confused.. so the time he is on parole hold counts toward the parole time or does not count? so he has been in 17 days since he turned himself in.. no new charges.. it was a technical violation. so the 17 days counts as nothing? so his discharge from parole date will be extended? and only the time after he sees parole board on the 26th will count?
It counts yes. He will receive credit for all this hold time until he sees the prb.

patchouli (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
It counts yes. He will receive credit for all this hold time until he sees the prb.

lol ok thank you.. you had me panicking

have a blessed night.. and than you for everything again.!!
Old 06-23-2019, 09:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
lol ok thank you.. you had me panicking

have a blessed night.. and than you for everything again.!!
Youre welcome! I feel your pain I went thru it myself in April. And mine sat in receiving for 57 days before he got to see the board. It was a horrible time. Im adding you to my prayers, best of luck!!