Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 06-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Donation Award 

Default CDCR Disciplinary Hearings: What happens when inmate gets a "115" on record

What happens when someone gets a "115" on their record?

My son has a situation right now where he was told that he had to participate in a "removal" and that if he didn't, he would be subject to one himself. I warned him against doing it, but he insisted that he could not refuse and he did not want to be placed at another CDCR facility, as the one that he is at is fairly safe (Shafter MCCF). He also said that he could not go to the guards or his counselor about it, as he would be seen as a snitch.

So he did it and now is facing a disciplinary hearing.

He said that his points would go up by 6, but that he wouldn't have to do anything else, so that in a year he would be back where he was at. He did say he would lose privileges for 3 months after the hearing.

I am more concerned with additional charges being brought against him, thus adding to his sentence.

I'm sure that he won't be able to use duress as a reson why without revealing names, so he won't even have that as a defense.

Also, now that he has done this because he has been "told do", do you think that he will now be expected to do more things to violate the rules? He said he was told that they would leave him along since he proved that he was trustworthy to his race.

I feel really sick and frustrated about this. He's had a clean record for 2 years, we were hoping to use this towards a commutation. I think he's now blown it. And I'm totally frustrated that he has now slipped further into a life a crime. Some "REHABILITATION".

Should I write to his Counselor about this and tell him what happened? Or will I make it worse if I do.

HELP!

Halo
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post

[...]
Should I write to his Counselor about this and tell him what happened? Or will I make it worse if I do.
Your son pretty much filled you in: he'll have a hearing, he'll be on LOP and lose his good conduct credits. If he's admitted involvement, the hearing is a formality.

Unless he participated in a way that could be considered assault (inmate or staff), use a deadly weapon or something along those line, outside charges are highly unlikely.

As to your last question, no. Do not write his counselor. It isn't likely to make things worse but they won't tell you anything. Being pulled into prison politics is so common they already know if he's a big or little fish and they'll treat him accordingly. I would also refrain from encouraging him to share information during calls or in letters until after his hearing.

I'm sorry this happened. Sometimes these things feel completely unavoidable. If this is completely outside of his character and record (I know he hasn't been in all that long), that will help. The unfortunate thing is that any serious 115-- fighting, for example, will be addressed at his eventual parole hearing and he'll have to be transparent about it then.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post

My son has a situation right now where he was told that he had to participate in a "removal" and that if he didn't, he would be subject to one himself. I warned him against doing it, but he insisted that he could not refuse and he did not want to be placed at another CDCR facility, as the one that he is at is fairly safe (Shafter MCCF). He also said that he could not go to the guards or his counselor about it, as he would be seen as a snitch.

So he did it and now is facing a disciplinary hearing.

He said that his points would go up by 6, but that he wouldn't have to do anything else, so that in a year he would be back where he was at. He did say he would lose privileges for 3 months after the hearing.

I am more concerned with additional charges being brought against him, thus adding to his sentence.

I'm sure that he won't be able to use duress as a reson why without revealing names, so he won't even have that as a defense.

Also, now that he has done this because he has been "told do", do you think that he will now be expected to do more things to violate the rules? He said he was told that they would leave him along since he proved that he was trustworthy to his race.

I feel really sick and frustrated about this. He's had a clean record for 2 years, we were hoping to use this towards a commutation. I think he's now blown it. And I'm totally frustrated that he has now slipped further into a life a crime. Some "REHABILITATION".

HELP!

Halo
No don't write his counsler- that will more than likely make it worse. Everything he told you, unfortunately sounds legit. That's one of MANY unfair aspects that comes with doing time- sometimes in there, they really DONT have a choice in the matter- when they need to "put in work" that will cause them to catch more time- the alternative to it is usually that THEY will become a target and probably end up hurt. So, at the end of the day, youre gonna wanna catch the extra time instead of getting beat up-or worse. Did that make sense?
Plus a 115 really aint shit- he'll prob lose some good time or get his packages taken for 3 months....and with the good time thing- if he stays outta trouble for (i think its 6 months?) then he'll get it back

Last edited by JessesGirl2022; 06-22-2019 at 07:06 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (06-22-2019)