Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:54 AM

Default Visiting From Canada - Two Rivers Correctional Institution

Hello,

My Fiancee is in Two Rivers Correctional Institution

I live in Ontario Canada,
I was wondering if there is a special visiting form to fill out? The one i found online has State and Zipcode for address so I wasnt sure if i can use it

Also wondering what needs to happen before I actually go, my Fiancee said i needed to talk to interpol?

I honestly have no idea what to do or where to start to get the ball rolling to go there for a visit so all the information possible would be more then appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2018, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,811 Times in 3,070 Posts

Welcome Andrea.

The first thing you'll need to do is complete a visiting application. Since you're not from the US, they'll also ask for a criminal report. Various people have said they've been able to get the report (which typically does have Interpol information on it) from your local police station (at least in Europe, not sure if that holds true in Canada).

Here's a link to the visitation page. It has the visiting application on it: https://www.oregon.gov/doc/OMR/Pages...n-custody.aspx

I would recommend you email DOC to see exactly what they need from Canadians. Here's their email address: DOC.Visitors@doc.state.or.us

I've had very good luck with email responses from them. Everyone I've corresponded with has been professional and helpful. I suggest you used the MSWord document from the page linked above and save it somewhere on your computer, then email the document as an attachment. If you ask them to "please reply so I know this has been received", they'll shoot a quick email back that says "got it" - which is better than registered mail and a heckuva lot cheaper!

Don't worry about the state/zip code thing, just add in your state and zip (ie Alberta 1a2 3b4) plus the "CAN" as would be used in international mailing addresses.

But in your position, I would simply start with an email asking the folks who handle the visitor's apps all of your questions, or asking them what you need to do as a Canadian citizen to complete the process (maybe even attach a "draft" visitor's app and ask them to look it over quickly to see if you filled it out correctly and completely, and whether you need more.) The folks there are used to working with people who have no idea how the system works, so you don't have to be concerned about it.

Hope this is helpful to you.