Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 01-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,823 Times in 1,600 Posts
Post Cornell Federal Halfway House Resident Handbook - Houston, Texas

I have recently been cleaning out my file boxes full of prison related material I collected during my trip through the prison & criminal justice systems. I hope some of it may be useful to PTO members and visitors.

The following is a copy of the BOP Resident Program Handbook that was given to me and the other people who came to the Leidel Comprehensive Sanction Center AKA Cornell half way house in Houston, Texas back in late 2001. They may have a newer version, but knowing Cornell, I doubt it.

Cornell Pre-Release center is the Houston area Federal Half-Way house that you will likely have to go through if you are releasing from the Federal Bureau of Prisons to the Houston area. Some people are also sentenced here directly from court.

Address:
Cornell Pre-Release Halfway House
1819 Commerce Street
Houston, Texas 77002
(713) 224-0984

I believe the current "Director" is John Rollins at this date.

CORNELL PRE-RELEASE HALF WAY HOUSE
A.K.A.
LEIDEL COMPREHENSIVE SANCTION CENTER

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Revised March 2001

SECTIONS

Philosophy of Leidel Comprehensive Sanction Center (CSC)

Rules and Regulations
Staff Expectations
Employment
Sign-out and Sign-in Procedures
Visitor Policy and Procedures
Subsistence
Drug and Alcohol Usage
Telephone Usage
Center Conduct
Safety (Fire and Electrical)
Sanitation
Driving Authorization
One-Way and/or Two-Way Communication Devices
Medical
Passes
Furlough Policy
Search & Seizure
Religious and Recreation Activities
New Information/Notices/Procedures
Disciplinary Action
- Resident Grievance Procedures
- Minor Sanctions
- Major Sanctions

Pre-Release and Comprehensive Sanction Component
Resident Level System
Level One - Restriction to the Facility
Level Two - Job Search
Level Three - Employment and Class Attendance
Level Four - Pass Privileges
Pass Privilege Considerations
Level Five - Home confinement

Leidel Comprehensive Sanction Center
March 2001

SECTION
Federal Bureau of Prisons
100 Series Infractions
200 Series Infractions
300 Series Infractions
400 Series Infractions
Attachment K
Cornell Pre-Release Informal
Emergency Plan
Fire Emergency
Hurricane Contingency Plans
Illness and Injury

Link to document: (21 Megs in size! May take a while to open or download)
http://prisontalk.com/attachments/cornellhandbook.pdf
adri1 (05-05-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2006, 02:10 PM

HELLO FEDX I'M NEW TO PTO AND I'VE BEEN POSTING ALL OVER ASKING FOR INFO ON CORNELL HALFWAY HOUSE. SEEING THAT U WERE THERE I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM U AND FIND OUT HOW YOU'D RATE THE PLACE AND ARE THEY VERY STRICT OR POSSIBLY PROS AND CONS OF THE PLACE. MY FIANCEE WILL BE GOING THERE EARLY NEXT YEAR. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Finally Free!

I just realized my husband would be going there when he's released next summer...this is a great education piece...at least we have a place to start researching.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Mrs C
Donation Award 

Default HalfWay House

Can sombeody provide some information about the Houston Half way house ( Cornell)
Thank you

Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM

I haven't had a chance to look at the material that you posted yet, but I agree that it probably hasn't changed much. I was there from November 2004 through April 2006. Yes, long time...half was living there, and half was on home confinement. The length of time was because I went to boot camp. For anyone with questions, please be more specific in what you would like to know, and I will also answer whatever I can. I didn't find it to be that bad, but I was also the person who did what I supposed to do, and got a job as fast as I could, so that I could start getting passes as fast as I could. So, after about a month, I was out of there every weekend. It ended up being where I pretty much just slept there, and that was it. They did an expansion and built a new dorm while I was there, so that is one big change from 2001 anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to toddslady For This Useful Post:
adri1 (02-16-2009)
Old 02-16-2009, 12:41 PM

So....John Rollins is the director now??? He was head of security for a really long time! He could be a pain in the a**, but I never had any issues with him, or any of the staff. Then again, after being there for so long, they knew me, and that I was trying to do the right thing, take care of my business, and get back home to my kids. I think that a lot of times when people have issues with the halfway house, it's because they are playing games. There were plenty of people drinking, and doing various other things they weren't supposed to right there on the premises.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Mrs C
Donation Award 

Thank you for your reply.
You have kids and didn't allow you to be home confinement right away?
My husband has a job waiting for him in April when he leaves the FCI,.. for how long he has to stay in the HWH vs. having weekend passes or stay home confinement?.
Whose decide how long in the HWH or for how long he has to stay there? or what conditions needs to be follow, beside complain with the rules, in order for him to be home?

Is there any way he can do the reaming HWH time at home confinement?
He is in RDAP program still, so he will need to continuo with support meetings
Thank you for your great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
I haven't had a chance to look at the material that you posted yet, but I agree that it probably hasn't changed much. I was there from November 2004 through April 2006. Yes, long time...half was living there, and half was on home confinement. The length of time was because I went to boot camp. For anyone with questions, please be more specific in what you would like to know, and I will also answer whatever I can. I didn't find it to be that bad, but I was also the person who did what I supposed to do, and got a job as fast as I could, so that I could start getting passes as fast as I could. So, after about a month, I was out of there every weekend. It ended up being where I pretty much just slept there, and that was it. They did an expansion and built a new dorm while I was there, so that is one big change from 2001 anyway.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Keeper of the Flame

I've been trying to open this document without success -- my loved one will be going to this HWH later this year, so I'd love to be able to read it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:25 PM

If it's still the same, they hwh recommends you for home confinement, but it's the head of the CCC that has to approve it. At the time I was there, they were making you do at least half your time in the hwh before going on hc. Those that were in rdap had to go to their meetings as scheduled for them specifically, which did include at least one group per week. How long you are in the hwh vs. hc depends on how well you "program". Even when you do go on home confinement, you still have to go in for meetings, and once a week for your ua.
The Following User Says Thank You to toddslady For This Useful Post:
adri1 (04-15-2009)
Old 03-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Default Link to Cornell Handbook .pdf Not Working

Could you check it out?
Thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 AM

Default Link to Cornell Handbook Broken

David,

Can you check to see why the pdf won't download? I really need a copy.

Thanks,

Chuck
Old 03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,823 Times in 1,600 Posts

I must have accidentally deleted it from the servers. I am re-uploading it right now. The original link should still be good after the upload completes, which will be in about 10 minutes from now.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Mrs C
Donation Award 

Default cordless phone

Hi

once having privilege form the HWH to be home (weekends ), does our house need to have a unique phone line (no caller id, etc) for the HWH to check on my hubby.. Cand it be cordless phone or have to be regular phones ( I heard cordless nor accepted?)

thanks

Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Mrs C
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
If it's still the same, they hwh recommends you for home confinement, but it's the head of the CCC that has to approve it. At the time I was there, they were making you do at least half your time in the hwh before going on hc. Those that were in rdap had to go to their meetings as scheduled for them specifically, which did include at least one group per week. How long you are in the hwh vs. hc depends on how well you "program". Even when you do go on home confinement, you still have to go in for meetings, and once a week for your ua.

what do you mean with "program"?
what is it the right way to shorten the hwh time?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 AM

Default Got caught drinking in Cornell now what happens ?

I am really nervous for my daughters father he got caught up drinking in Cornell Halfway had 18 days till his release problem is Texas is his stomping grounds and hard to stay positive with negitive surrounding you Please help where will he go now ? How long ? what happens after where will he go ? Please let me know...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbie25 View Post
I am really nervous for my daughters father he got caught up drinking in Cornell Halfway had 18 days till his release problem is Texas is his stomping grounds and hard to stay positive with negitive surrounding you Please help where will he go now ? How long ? what happens after where will he go ? Please let me know...
Now it says when I look him up on BOP inmate Locator IN TRANSIT ??? Does that mean they sent him back to prison he only had 18 days left he messed up just did 7 yrs goodness someone help ease me here do you know what happens now does he just serve 18 days in a jail or something ?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 AM

adri1..."program" simply means do all the little, sometimes very stupid things that they require you to do. And, doing that is probably the best way to shorten hwh time.

tabbie...I assume that you probably found out by now where he's at...my guess would be that they took him to the FDC. That being said, he may already be home by the time you read this. I would think that he would only have to go back to do his last 18 days.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Mrs C
Donation Award 

[quote=toddslady;4694433]adri1..."program" simply means do all the little, sometimes very stupid things that they require you to do. And, doing that is probably the best way to shorten hwh time.

Hi ..thanks for the reply ToddsLady
at to you mean things inside the HWH ?
they requiere for the person to have a job, go to the meetings (DAP program people), call when you make a move.....they rules.
something else?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:24 PM

Thumbs up Thank you for sharing

Thank you for sharing.