Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:41 AM

Default Can you keep your own pair of eye glasses, or will DOC make you wear theirs

Can you keep your own pair, like go in with a pair, or is the state going to make me wear theirs? Like do bothering to buy any, cause I'm not gong to be able to wear them?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Can you keep your own pair, like go in with a pair, or is the state going to make me wear theirs? Like do bothering to buy any, cause I'm not gong to be able to wear them?
As long as they are not expensive designer glasses - cannot have any emblems on them - you will be able to keep yours. If the DOC seems them designer brand, you will be issued a pair of state approved glasses. As you can imagine, the state issued glasses are not nice.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
I took in an unbranded plastic framed "free" pair I had from the opticians when I bought my designer glasses. Not exactly fashionable but hard wearing, did the job as I'm very short sighted and better than the prison issue type