Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Question County time count toward Earned Release (ERP)? Boot Camp or AODA?

Hello everyone.

My Fiance is being sentenced Thursday. We are thinking he will be getting 2 possible 3 years and will qualify for ERP. I know or have heard you have to sit 25% or 6 months of your time which ever is greater, does that time count for the county time hes sat or only time at prison? If he gets 2 years he will have a little over 6 when he goes. Just trying to figure out how it works and what program is better the boot camp or AODA. anyone who has any info they can share I would really appreciate it. I'm going a bit crazy. We had a baby in September that came 2 months early so he hasn't even had a chance to meet her in person. than he can only have Immediate family visit while going through A&E so I cant bring our daughter until hes at his home prison. Anyone who can share anyrhing about what we can expect the next few months I would be so grateful.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,024 Times in 16,155 Posts

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies I'm not familiar with Wisconsin, so I really can't answer your questions....hopefully someone who knows about Boot Camp & AODA will be along to chime in

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 AM

Typically any time he serves in county will be credited and will reduce the total time he has to serve in the state prison.

I don't have any information on ERP, but keep in mind that participation is based on available beds. Even if a judge states someone is eligible that doesn't guarantee that they will get into the program immediately.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest setting up a phone account. Once your fiance is through initial intake (typically 3-5 days depending on when he arrived at Dodge) he will be able to call you. A 15 minute phone call is about $2.

As soon as he is transferred to Dodge he will be given a DOC #. Once you have that number you can start writing him immediately. You can check the Wisconsin DOC inmate locator to find his number once he is transferred. Be sure to send pictures of the baby too!

While he is in A&E things are a little challenging simply because you are waiting for answers about where he will be going and when. Once he is settled in his home facility things will get easier.

While I'm sure this is a stressful time, be sure to take care of yourself and your daughter. Your fiance will be fine. Prison is nothing like what you see on tv or in movies. I'm not saying it's fun, but it's manageable.

Feel free to ask questions.