Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 PM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default BF cut off his ankle bracelet, hearing in September. Will he be released?

Hey this is my first post so bare with me lol
My bf cut off his ankle bracelet(crazy...I know) the PB gave him 5 months but he have his second hearing in September... Are their any chance they will let him get on parole again or what?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-26-2016, 08:41 PM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 41,508
Thanks: 41,938
Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts
Default

When is the 5 months up? Before or after September? My best guess is that he'll serve that 5 months in its entirety. How much time did he have on the shelf?
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Fire Struck's Avatar
Fire Struck Fire Struck is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 904
Thanks: 91
Thanked 1,117 Times in 527 Posts
Default

There is a higher chance he will have to serve the full time that they gave him. Most boards aren't willing to give them second chances when they have screwed up once on parole. Him cutting off the bracelet sends them the message he doesn't care about their rules and will still do as he pleases so they would rather keep him locked up. I won't say it isn't a possibility that he can get out early but I would not put a lot of faith in it and expect it to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:22 AM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
When is the 5 months up? Before or after September? My best guess is that he'll serve that 5 months in its entirety. How much time did he have on the shelf?

His 5 months will be in November he only had a year on parole(he started parole in March) and he got wrote up yesterday UGH!!! He was supposed to get out in November of 2018
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2016, 06:10 AM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Struck View Post
There is a higher chance he will have to serve the full time that they gave him. Most boards aren't willing to give them second chances when they have screwed up once on parole. Him cutting off the bracelet sends them the message he doesn't care about their rules and will still do as he pleases so they would rather keep him locked up. I won't say it isn't a possibility that he can get out early but I would not put a lot of faith in it and expect it to happen.

They gave him the 5 months for cutting the bracelet off the hearing in September is to see if they gone let him get on parole again but he just got a RVR yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 41,508
Thanks: 41,938
Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts
Default

I hope I'm wrong, but I would expect him to serve until Nov. 2018 (minus any Good Time, if applicable)
__________________
prisontalkhelp@gmail.com

patchouli, PTO Admin



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Fire Struck's Avatar
Fire Struck Fire Struck is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 904
Thanks: 91
Thanked 1,117 Times in 527 Posts
Default

I echo what patchouli says don't have any high hopes for him to come home before November 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2016, 01:30 PM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I would expect him to serve until Nov. 2018 (minus any Good Time, if applicable)


Yea I was thinking the same thing but I'm trying to stay positive but his P.O "said" he would still have the 30 for 30 whatever that means
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2016, 01:30 PM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Struck View Post
I echo what patchouli says don't have any high hopes for him to come home before November 2018.

Thank you I'm really trying to stay positive for the sake of both of us
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hecominhome16 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-27-2016)
  #10  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Fire Struck's Avatar
Fire Struck Fire Struck is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 904
Thanks: 91
Thanked 1,117 Times in 527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecominhome View Post
Thank you I'm really trying to stay positive for the sake of both of us
Its aleays good to stay postive but its also good to stay within the rhelms of reality. Finding the balance of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst kind of let's you stay in that middle ground where you can focus on the postive and hope it comes but are ready for the bad and if it comes it isn't as hard of a gut punch.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:09 PM
hecominhome16 hecominhome16 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Mississippi, kemper
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Struck View Post
Its aleays good to stay postive but its also good to stay within the rhelms of reality. Finding the balance of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst kind of let's you stay in that middle ground where you can focus on the postive and hope it comes but are ready for the bad and if it comes it isn't as hard of a gut punch.


Thank you I really needed that this is just something new to me I will just continue being by his side even though it is very stressful lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ankle Bracelet? SwtCaliGal California: County & City Jail Discussions 1 06-17-2016 08:45 PM
B/f sentenced to a year in Jail, can he be released on ankle bracelet? alyssa123 California Parole, Probation & Release 4 10-20-2014 05:53 AM
HELP! Ankle bracelet..will job know? smarier California Parole, Probation & Release 4 12-02-2008 12:22 PM
Why haven't they taken off his ankle bracelet yet? MyViolentHeart General Prison Talk 3 07-25-2007 10:08 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics