Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:16 PM

Default So disappointed. Approved for parole but he has no where else to go :(

So my love got his parole granted on Thursday but because his charge is neglect/abandonment he can't have contact with minors which means he can't live with me and our 5 year old. We moved out of our apartment because his counselor said no subsidized housing and I got a house phone. I did everything I was told to do. You think I'd still be happy because he got approved for parole but he has no where else to go so that means he's staying. Why does it have to be so hard?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 04:18 PM

so sorry you are having to go through this. x
The Following User Says Thank You to orchibu For This Useful Post:
blou88 (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM

Thank you so much. Sometimes you just feel so alone with all this. Me and him are pretty tough though so we'll get through it but still sucks the joy right outta ya! Thanks again for the kind words!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM

Hang in there and good luck! Stay strong, and hopefully he can go to work release or something so he is at least out.
The Following User Says Thank You to k3bella For This Useful Post:
blou88 (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 PM

Just thought I'd follow up. He put in for work release once we realized that the board was not going to lift the stipulation. They said it was a 2 month waiting list but he found out Thursday last week that they were sending him today. He got here okay and he's getting settled in. Hopefully his counselor will drop the order so we can see him while he's there. I've heard it's a pretty difficult program to get through so we'll see how long it takes- hopefully he can plow right through the phases. I'll keep you all posted
The Following User Says Thank You to blou88 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,046 Times in 16,166 Posts

Awwwww, I'm so sorry that the Board is making things so difficult Provided he does what he's supposed to do, hopefully they'll let him come home after completing the program. If there isn't a "no contact order," you and your daughter can work on maintaining a relationship with him while he works the program

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Just checking in

It's been awhile so I thought I'd share how things are going. He's been in work release for 4 months now. He's done very well- got a job right away and blew right through the phases. However, because he did the work release thing once before and ran, he owes back rent for that little stint. His job pays minimum wage and is through a staffing agency working second shift so he can go to his required drug treatment program during the day. His current rent for each week is $100 and he's still about $700 in the whole on back rent. He's not allowed to have contact with our son or any children for that matter. The head guy said he needs 2 months of good reports from treatment and he needs to take 2 months of parenting classes with 2 good reports in order to even consider lifting it. We have 1 month left of parenting classes and we'll write him again to see what he says. It's been so nice having him back in our hometown and being able to speak to him and see him everyday but I have to be honest in saying it's been a real drain on our finances and relationship because he relies on me quite a bit for transportation and food (the meal plan was $100 a week and that was just not doable.) I'm juggling school, work, raising our son and trying to be there for him when he needs me and it's very, very stressful. It was definitely simpler when he was in prison but through it all, it's still completely worth the struggle. I just hope he'll be able to really start making a dent on his back rent so he can get the heck out of there and come home soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to blou88 For This Useful Post:
yourself (08-31-2014)