Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:29 AM

Default Visitation at Trousdale Turner Correctional: how does it work?

Hi Everyone

I live in Belgium and next year I want to visit a friend who is at Trousdale Turner Correctional Center. I'm already on his visitationlist but I have some questions about the visitation:

- do I need to call before I go?
- how much money can you take with you?
- are there special visits because I come from Europe?
- how does a visitation work in general?

Thank you for helping me

Greetings from far Belgium
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenca View Post
Hi Everyone

I live in Belgium and next year I want to visit a friend who is at Trousdale Turner Correctional Center. I'm already on his visitationlist but I have some questions about the visitation:

- do I need to call before I go?
- how much money can you take with you?
- are there special visits because I come from Europe?
- how does a visitation work in general?

Thank you for helping me

Greetings from far Belgium
The best answers I can give you are:
Yes, call Trousdale (615-808-0400) and ask to speak with the Warden over visitation, you will no doubt have to leave a message on his/her voice-mail. Leave as detailed one as you can and say that you will be calling back. The FIRST thing you need to make sure of is that you ARE on his visitation list. Second, is that because you are traveling from Belgium, Germany!! Yes, because you are traveling so far you do get a "special" visit-but that's only to get in. It is nothing ""special"".
When you find out all things are right (expect the unexpected) and you do make it through check-point, have a 5$ bill and more cash to purchase and put money on a card YOU will use to buy beverages and crap-food from the machines once you are in the visitation room. You will be told what table to sit at. When he comes in you may give a BRIEF hug and kiss. He will sit down across from you. You can hold hands. YOU will have to go to the machines and use your card to buy the drinks/food. YOU will have to heat the food up in the microwave and serve it to him. Brief hug and kiss at the end.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:46 AM

Hi

Thank you so much for this information. It has helped me understand a bit better.
I heard that they are very difficult at visiting: Is that true?Expect the unexpected? Like what?

Luckily I'm already approved on his visitationlist :-) Just so you would know Belgium is a country next to Germany ;-)

Greetings
Old 12-02-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quenca View Post
Hi

Thank you so much for this information. It has helped me understand a bit better.
I heard that they are very difficult at visiting: Is that true?Expect the unexpected? Like what?

Luckily I'm already approved on his visitationlist :-) Just so you would know Belgium is a country next to Germany ;-)

Greetings
Yes, I knew Belgium is next to Germany--brain was a bit tired :-)

I would put no more than 40$ on the card your first visit. You can load more on the next day you visit.

Make sure that you wear a top that covers your clavicle and nothing you wear is see-through. No sleeveless tops or dress, must have sleeves. Dress or skirt can be no higher than 3 inches (7.62 cm) above your knee. Pants must not be tight, NO leggings.

Will sit across table from each other, must keep your feet on the ground-no under table feels. You may hold hands no rubbing arms.

Take into the building ONLY your car key, ID, and what money you will put on the card. You cannot have anything in your pockets.

Expect the unexpected: it could be anything so minor as the staff does like their life and can say any ignorant thing. Do not react. CCA staff are generally unpleasant people, and can decide they don't like the color of you eyes, to your accent to anything ...

Yes, because you are coming from so far, your friend needs to put in a special visit request as soon as he knows you are coming to see him.

I will apologize now for the nasty, ignorant people you will encounter in this horrible state. Tennessee does NOT reflect America well.

If I have repeated myself, I apologize. I can't read what I wrote you before.

I so hope that you have a wonderful and easy travel and visit!!