Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Default Dress Code for visits, how strict are they?

Ladies...for those of you that have already been to visit--how strict are they? Obviously I am not going to go in with anything revealing on or anything like that but some of the things I have read in the handbook is crazy...such as not wearing two shirts? I am assuming a cami is considered a shirt? I feel like I am reading too hard into this but I don't want any issues getting in. It is hard to find basic clothing and still look presentable nowadays; everything has lace, or is thin...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,994 Times in 7,067 Posts

The only advice I can give to you is follow the dress code to the letter. You don't know if you are going to run into COs who may have an ax to grind that day, or if they will be lenient. It is always better to err on the side of caution. I've also been known to carry other clothes in the car, but I've only had to change one time in nine years.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
The only advice I can give to you is follow the dress code to the letter. You don't know if you are going to run into COs who may have an ax to grind that day, or if they will be lenient. It is always better to err on the side of caution. I've also been known to carry other clothes in the car, but I've only had to change one time in nine years.
I didn't have any issue with the dress code...I think I was reading too much into it. Thanks though.