Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Execution Watch
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Execution Watch This forum is to post upcoming scheduled executions, stays, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 PM

Default Kenneth Wayne Morris - TX - 4 March 2009 - Executed

The news came through today that my beloved other half has his execution date of 4th March 2009, which happens to be his 38th Birthday.

Ken was due to be executed on 15th April 2003, but was given a STAY just 2 hours before execution. This was to give him appeal time due to evidence which shows he is not guilty.

Sadly, when this went to the Supreme Court for Appeal, it was the time of the lockdowns due to the Mobile Phones and all appeals were turned down. This means that although Ken had his STAY OF EXECUTION, he has been left in that cell of 6ft x 9ft for 5 years, all for nothing.

We had so many plans, marriage and more, but now we are left with nothing.

I had contacted an Attorney with the regards of Clemency, so I dont know if this can be done before the execution date, or if the execution date can be put on hold whilst we put through the Clemency appeal.

Ken is in Texas, I'm here in the UK, but am travelling over to spend as much time with him as I can, between times his family and I are all supporting each other.

Ken has taken this news well and is now just tired and says that either way he is free, as he no longer will have to put up with peanut butter and bread !

Does anyone know how it works with his body ? I know that after the organs have been donated he can be released back to the family, but is there a charge for this ? Of course he would be cremated there in the USA, but would then come here to me. Would the prison do the cremation or is it the family and I that arrange for it all ?

Thanks in advance to all who are reading this, Donna xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to hartwin For This Useful Post:
sweetnina (01-04-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 01:42 PM

Default Im feeling the pain

Oh my Lord!!! Im so sorry to hear your news hartwin. Its dreadful but keep the hope. Have you posted a link anywhere (maybe on a myspace page) encouraging people to sign petition and a clemancy letter for Kenneth. I don't know that much about the timing of the clemancy procedure but i think this has to filed a least 2 weeks before the execution date. Its important in the clemancy to portrait Kenneth as a person and not as a monster that these people think all deathrowers are, shame on them. Rather than go into too much detail about legal stuff, although double check on this. But the emphasis is on trying to let the parole board know the PERSON behind the crime.
My baby is also in Texas dr.
Don't think the five years in the interim were for nothing, you had that special time together, every day counts, every moment when you shared in the love was priceless, truely a treasure. Not many find their soulmate but you two have!!! Even if you found each other for one day, this kind of love is life-changing. I wouldn't change it for the world.
I pray you both stay strong and your love will keep you focused on what really matters during this stressful time. And that something is L.O.V.E
Have a wonderful trip over and precious time together. xx In my prayers

Without LOVE we'd be no-thing
Old 01-03-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartwin View Post
The news came through today that my beloved other half has his execution date of 4th March 2009, which happens to be his 38th Birthday.
Now how sick is that to schedule an execution date for his birthday? I'm sorry for the both of you, Hartwin...

Quote:
Sadly, when this went to the Supreme Court for Appeal, it was the time of the lockdowns due to the Mobile Phones and all appeals were turned down. This means that although Ken had his STAY OF EXECUTION, he has been left in that cell of 6ft x 9ft for 5 years, all for nothing.
I don't understand that - what has the lockdown due to cell phones have to do with the US Supreme Court turning down his appeal?

Quote:
I had contacted an Attorney with the regards of Clemency, so I dont know if this can be done before the execution date, or if the execution date can be put on hold whilst we put through the Clemency appeal.
The request for clemency should definitely be filed before execution, so that the Board of Pardons and Paroles can decide on the issue before an inmate has already been put to death.
If the clemency request will be successful, the execution can be stayed; as far as I know, however a pending clemency request does not put an execution on hold.

Good luck to the both of you!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Default Ouch, this hurts !

Thank you for the replies. Being in England makes it slightly harder for me, however there are no barriers here to hold me back, I need to fight with all my strength.

The Attorney will update me when I call him on Monday with regards to the Clemency, to which I will update this post.

I have not put a link anywhere as for petitions, but really need to sort this.

Strongly agree, very sick to do this on his birthday. The phone calls I made to the family this morning informing them was so hard, but the hardest was when I phoned Ken's mum. It was so hard to tell her that a date had come through, but when she asked me when it was, I broke down in tears and just said to her that I couldnt tell her. She is in her 70's, so I pulled myself together and just gave her the date. The tears and sobbing down the other end of the phone were hard, then she told me that Ken was born at 5.50pm and they will want to execute him at 6pm.

Should they execute him, does anyone know the procedure for the visiting the day before ? I know I could see him, but will it be a different visit or will he still be in the cage behind a screen like an animal ? Ken's cousin seems to think that we will be allowed a normal visit without the screen ?

The appeal being turned down was not due to the cell phone lockdown as far as I know. However the lockdown was going on at the time, in total there were 18 appeals that day all from TX Polunsky Unit, every single one of them refused, and the thoughts of the Attorney were that they may not have even been looked at due to the lockdown. This is so unfair, life can be cruel, so so cruel.

I cannot thank you enough for replying to this post. I have been a member on here but have not posted too much, I find all this so painful, but I didnt realise just how much it helps to have the support.

Love Donna x

Pictures attached (if I have done it correct)
Ken, My work desk, and finally myself (so you all know you are talking to) xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken35.jpg (104.2 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg Desk pic.jpg (19.0 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Donna.jpg (38.7 KB, 216 views)
Old 01-03-2009, 07:57 PM

I have no words to express how awful I feel for you and him. I don't have any information I can give you on procedures but I do know that there are a lot of wonderful people here who can. For those of us that don't know all the procedures, we're always hear to listen.

Best of luck to you both!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:04 PM

I have just spoken to Kens mum, have been updated with what happens the day before execution, and this is due to Ken being there before in 2003. The day before execution anyone can go in and see him, everyone in the same room, all of his family and friends, but he will still be in the cage. This he will find hard and I feel is unfair. Everyone will want his time but it wont be enough, however he has his brother going to see him on Monday. I have given a message to him that the Clemency is not too late, that I am fighting for him and I love him. These words will reach him before my letter will.

Oh boy I love this person so much that he is my life.

If the family want to claim a body back they can, and if not then he would be dealt with by the prison. So, I will make sure that he is to come out of the walls as he is not to stay there.

Only problem we will have, his mum will want him there and I will want him in England. However it is Kens decision and I will be happy with either as he will be wiht me in my heart always.

Im not giving up until they tell me I can do no more.

Donna x
Old 01-04-2009, 02:52 AM
Donation Award 

I do have all informations you need, or most of them because my friend just went through the same. If you want to, send me a PM, I guess its better to answer all this via email, okay?
But first I hope it WONT happen.
I hate Texas so much.

FOR MY FRIEND MARK
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. you are free now Honey
Old 01-04-2009, 04:21 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,608 Times in 1,593 Posts

My love, prayers and thoughts are with you. If there is ANYTHING you think I may be able to help with, don't hesitate to contact me. Remeber you have all the support and love here, that we can give. I too hate Texas, and the DP in general. Blessings to you and to Ken's family.

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:34 AM

Thank you again for kind words, I'm ringing the prison today as they are not letting Ken's cousin in to visit ! So will update later.

Sweetina, I will send you a pm.

Why is it that Texas has to be one of the worst counties ?

Donna x
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 AM

Hartwin! I am so very sorry for what is going one. My heart and my prayers go out to you! I cant imagine what you are going through right now! I wish I could do something to help you. I am so beyond upset, on his birthday??!! of all days? thats messed up!
I just cried when I was reading your posts and saw your pictures you put up... its heartbreaking, I wish I knew what to say... I am here if you ever need anything just PM me, I am on everyday!
My prayers with Ken, You and his family!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 AM

Armygirl - Your words just broke me into tears, thank you do much. Nearer to the end, I will print all this off and send it to Ken, he will feel good knowing how much support we have. He is worried about leaving me behind and how I will cope, but knowing I can come here and talk to you all will probably be a relief.

Again, thank you, until in this position I never knew how much I would need you all, and I truely hope that not many people have to go through this.

Donna x
Old 01-04-2009, 07:24 AM

This site has given so much to me that after I have dealt with Ken, I will donate annually 5% profits each year of my business (which is a large amount). I am a strong supporter of everything that you all do, thank you from both Ken & I.

Donna x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken & I.jpg (22.3 KB, 197 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hartwin For This Useful Post:
JJS811 (01-04-2009), whisky 23 (01-08-2009)
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Donation Award 

Stay strong - I know it sounds stupid in a situation like that, but you know we are here for you.
How many of us will have to go through this?
It can hit all of us each day, thats something we should never forget.
We can never forget.
Texas is working hard to let us know and remember every day.

FOR MY FRIEND MARK
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. you are free now Honey
Old 01-04-2009, 11:40 AM

omg, i'm speechless. I never read this area of the site, I'll be honest. Something made me do so today though. I can't even imagine what you are going through. And here I am thinking that a year feels like an eternity. I am so very sorry. So very sorry for what you must be going through right now. It may sound silly but I'm completely honest when I say if there was anything I could do to help you, I would. If ever you need a chat please feel free to pm me. My prayers are with you right now. Take care.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Abolish the death penalty

Hi Donna,

I know this the very thing that each of us dread to live through. I hope his lawyer is one that knows what he is doing. The shame in this is, that many don't have the kind of lawyers that they should have and many chances are missed out on.
I hope and pray that there will be a way for him to get a stay and his case examinated the way it should be. If there is anything I can do please message me. A friend who has a loved one on DR in Texas said that Ken was a friend of her friend. I also have a loved one on DR who has spent a long time there already. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
You and Ken will be in my thoughts and prayers.
And if you put up a petition also put a link here so we can sign it and pass it on and write clemency letters.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Ok, can anyone give me some advice on this petition and letters ?

Ken's original Attorney was terrible, so when his appeal was turned down, his attorney asked Ken to trust him with his like for Clemency. Ken told him his concerns and I actually agreed with him. So I rang the National Clemency Project, and have a great Attorney based in Tenessee (not from the USA so no idea on the spelling). This is costing us $7500 which is ten times the normal fee for a normal clemency, but there is alot of travelling involved as well as this being a more indepth case due to Ken's life on the line.

I will go and read some petitions and work out what I can do and put a link up, what is this about Clemency letters ? How, where, what do I do. All the information about Ken within the internet really winds me up as its only ever part of the story and the full facts are not there, they make him look like a bad person, he is far from it.

All information will be greatly received.

Donna xx
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 877 Posts

I am so sorry to hear this news.we are all here to support you in any way that we can
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,608 Times in 1,593 Posts

Rick Perry Governor of Texas address, for letters.

Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12428
Austin, Texas 78711-2428

Phone: (512) 463-2000
Fax: (512) 463-1849

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 PM

You are a STAR, thank you. I have heard that Rick Perry is not a nice man, but I will try my hardest.

Donna x
The Following User Says Thank You to hartwin For This Useful Post:
JJS811 (01-04-2009)
Old 01-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Donation Award 

i just read your post and just want to say that i am so, so sorry for what you are both going through right now, i really hope you will have some luck with the appeals.
i will keep you both in my thoughts. stay strong and take care..
Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM

Please tell us where you get the information about Kenneths date
Old 01-06-2009, 12:46 PM
sasasoto

Donna, my loved one has a date as well and his is 1 month before Ken's. Please feel free to pm me if you want to talk. i
Old 01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
sasasoto

Ooops.... Hit the wrong button.... what I was trying to say is I really don't know if I can help, but I definately know how you feel. My best advice however... One day at a time. Don't look to tomorrow and live for what you have today.... (words from my husband and it does help)

Hugs,

Sasa
Old 01-07-2009, 03:49 AM

Hi

Sorry for not being online but was offline with no internet !

I will reply to the messages in my inbox later today

I got Ken's date directly from him. Within letter arriving last saturday, he was notified. Ken's brother has been into see Ken as well, and everything is confirmed :-(

When searching for the death date online, I noticed it has not been updated since the 22nd December.

Sasa, Sorry to hear that your loved one is a month before Ken, I will message when I get back from work.

Donna x
Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 877 Posts

The website has been updated and it is still not showing that he has a date.
I thought I would just let you know as it was updated on the 5th Jan

Hopefully that could mean it has not been confirmed,dont know
Closed Thread