Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Siggys & Graphics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2004, 02:29 PM

Arrow Siggy Forum How-to's and FAQs! Everything you need to know...

updated 02/21/08

I have updated this thread to make it easier for you guys. If you are looking for certain directions, please click on the links below. Please check back often, as policies and versions of PTO will be updated in the future. All siggy, counter and avatar help can only be helpful to you if your interface version is as follows - go into Edit options and all the way at the bottom are "Miscellaneous Options" - you will see "Message Editor Interface" - use the pull down box and choose "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting controls."

Please keep in mind that there are children that frequent PTO, so when choosing a graphic please ask yourself if it is too risque...if it is even questionable, then please do not use it here because you will be asked to remove it. There is to be no nudity or anything close to it here on PTO...it should be appropriate for children (think rated PG), please always keep that in mind. Also, some siggys that you have custom made elsewhere may have music or some sort of noise added to it...that is not allowed here at PTO so please refrain from using those siggys, or else you will be asked to remove it.

PTO's Policy on Siggys:

Signatures are currently allowed at PTO, but are a privilege that may be revoked if abused.

- Signatures may not contain links (e-mail, web, embedded or otherwise), with the exception of a counter.

- Signatures may not contain advertisements.

- Signatures may not contain any type of sexual or risqué content (completely up to Admin discretion.)

- Graphics used may not have embedded links or files. This includes e-mail and web addresses, as well as pop-up windows and music videos.

- Anything that causes the forum load time to be substantially lower for dial-up members.

- Counters are limited to one (1) and may not include an additional graphic (clip art, photo, etc.)

- Users may have up to three (3) graphics, provided the total HEIGHT of the graphics do not exceed 500 pixels when stacked, and all graphics are optimized for the web (i.e. 72 dpi). The width of ANY graphic may never exceed 500 pixels. (For example, if you have three graphics in your signature, total up the height of each. If the number is less than 500 pixels, you are within bounds. If it exceeds 500 you must resize your graphics to fit within policy.)

**to find your pixel dimensions on Internet Explorer (IE), right click over the graphic, choose properties and it will be shown as WIDTH X HEIGHT.

- Graphics include, but are not limited to: counters, photographs, clip art, blinkies, dolls, sparkling names, or any file that must be hosted elsewhere to be used in a signature.

- Text may be used and is not considered a graphic. However, text used in addition to one or more graphics must be size 1, 2 or 3. Text that is size 4, 5, 6 or 7 will be considered a graphic, and therefore part of the three (3) graphics allowed.

Admin reserves the right to remove or edit any member’s signature at any time to have it comply with PTO policy without notification

Requesting Siggys
If you would like a siggy, before posting for one, PLEASE SEE THE GUIDELINES/RULES FOR REQUESTING SIGGYS BELOW. Once you understand the information needed, take a look around the Ideaville Siggy Subforum for gazillions of siggy ideas to choose from. Please make sure you post your request in the appropriate thread with the thread#, post#, a description of the siggy, and what you would like written on it. Then go to the Custom Siggy Requests Subforum and browse the Siggy Volunteer Shops to request one be made, or start a new thread in the main siggy forum if you're not sure of who can handle your request. If you don’t see anything you like in Ideaville, then feel free to post a request in a new thread in the main siggy forum and maybe someone can find what you're looking for.

How to Save a Graphic

Attaching a Graphic on a PTO Post

Copying and Pasting Links

Hosting and Uploading Your Siggy

The Ideaville Siggy Graphics Theme Index

The Ideaville Siggy Graphics Objects Index

Get Your Graphic Re-sized Here

Test Your Graphics/Siggys Here

Tutorial: How to make your own counters

Instructions: How to make ticker work in your signature

Tutorial: How to Make Your Own Sparkle Text

Resource Only Thread for Siggy Image Programs

Getting your siggy up on PTO

How to Remove Part or All of Your Siggy

How to Remove that Empty Space at the end of Your Siggy

List of Ticker/Counter sites

How to remove the link in your "Playa.info" Counter

A how-to for adding an avatar (that little picture next to your name)

A how-to for checking the size of your graphic

Another - How do I add my new siggy- easy pic tutorial

Last edited by flamered; 02-21-2008 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Updating info.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpea For This Useful Post:
aj79indy (12-03-2014), donazerozero (09-28-2009), raysbabe (01-02-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

1. When you request a siggy you have 2 options. Post your request in a siggy artists thread or start a new thread with your request. Do NOT PM any siggy artist with a request. Please do not put them in the position of them having to tell you no they won‘t bypass the open forum and work with you privately, you must post your request in the open forum.

2. Please do not go from artist to artist with your request. Pick one or post a new thread and one of the artists will come along and help you.

3. Please request ONE siggy at a time and only one per week. If you want more then please learn how to make your own. Clarification - this means ONE siggy not one siggy from each siggy artist! The PTO siggy artists are a team so please don't put one in the postion of reminding you that you already asked someone else this week. Also, please don't ask our artists to make siggys that you are not going to use on PTO.

4. Please be patient when requesting a siggy. Everyone here is a volunteer. Your siggy will be made in good time.

5. Please be sure to thank your siggy maker and show your appreciation for all their work!

6. Please do not ask the artist to make your siggy bigger than the PTO Policy limits. Again, please don’t put them in the position of saying, ‘no.”
We got a Dog, Named him Odin
The cats got mad
The kid rolled his eyes....
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

IF you are interested in joining the Siggy Artist Team please review the guidelines below and PM Flamered that you agree to them.

Forum Rules/Guidelines for Siggy Artists:

1. All requests must be made in the open forum. If someone PMs you please reply and ask them to post in the forum. Please don’t do it “just this time” for anyone as well…once you start then it can only lead to issues. If you are going to be a PTO siggy artist please ask your friends to post in your thread as well!

2. Do not go into another siggy makers thread and snag one of their “customers.”

3. When you see a separate request/thread (for now lets call them unassigned requests) by a member asking for a siggy or for siggy help and you are willing to take that request on, just post in the thread that you will work on it. Either tell them that you will post the results in their thread or in your stickied thread (be sure to give them the link).

4. Please don’t take a bunch of unassigned requests. Take on 1-2 and when you get those done along with the ones from your stickied thread then come back and help other who have not been addressed yet. Please be sure to work from the bottom up so the oldest request gets helped first. Be sure to post in the requesters thread that you are doing it for them so the other makers will know you are on it! Try to give your “customers” a time frame so they know when to expect their siggy.

5. Although you are all volunteers, please familiarize yourself with the PTO Rules/Policies, especially those that are siggy related. As PTO siggy artists people will be looking up to you!

6. Please make sure all siggies that you make are within policy.

7. When someone asks how to post their siggy please send them to the Instruction Thread(s).

8. If you are going on vacation, extended leave or taking a break from your siggy making, please finish the requests you already have, post in the thread that you are taking a break and notify me so I can close the thread. I’ll reopen it when you are ready.

9. If a member is being rude, unreasonable or you see that they are going from artist to artist to get what they want, please notify me ASAP.

10. If you have an issue with another siggy artist, please take that issue to them via private message and/or PM me. ALL issues must be resolved outside of the open forum.

If you are not interested in being a PTO Siggy Artist. If that is your choice that’s fine, but please refrain from picking up requests via private messaging, etc. I can’t tell you that you cannot make siggys for yourself and friends, but contacting anyone privately telling them “I can make siggys for you is a violation of the Inviting Outside Contact policy. I’d rather we all work together in the open forums!

We got a Dog, Named him Odin
The cats got mad
The kid rolled his eyes....
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!

Last edited by flamered; 04-29-2007 at 12:07 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdragoness For This Useful Post:
AndILoveHim (06-04-2008)
Closed Thread