Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM

Default Annoying Inmates (in the background on the phone)

This is something that irritates the stuff out of me! When my man calls I'm expectin to be able to talk to him and hear how his day went, tell him about mine and conversate. BUT EVERYTIME he calls me another inmate decided he has something soooooooooooooooooooooo important that he has to say to him. Rarely is there a conversation without another inmate butting in. He tells them most of the time that he is tlaking to wifey and he will get at them later. But these men have alllll the time in the world to talk to one another why do they feel they gotta do it when they see a man is on the phone?! What is so important?!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amanda9014 For This Useful Post:
ajsangel (12-23-2008), Anewme25 (01-06-2009), HIZALLWAYZ (01-14-2009), milena22 (12-26-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Account Suspended

Thats really annoying. reminds me of kids. They leave you alone until you get on the phone and then they wanna bug you.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 PM
all by myself

Thanked 1,355 Times in 753 Posts

i really do hate that i tell my man they get 24 hrs with you i can atleast get my 15 minutes or i tell him to tell his boyfriends to shut up im trying to talk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ant's wife For This Useful Post:
Anewme25 (01-06-2009), justinslove (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I need my baby..

Thanked 1,567 Times in 735 Posts

I dont really pay it no attention...I'm sure my man has been one of those annoying inmates in another persons phone call.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I drank the Kool-Aid

Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,367 Posts

I don't have to deal with it too much. Tyrone has made it clear to the other inmates to leave him alone when he is on the phone. He doesn't interrupt their phone calls so he expects them to leave him alone during his. The only time he gets bothered by them is when it's something important.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Loving my Inmate Proudly
Donation Award 

LOL..that is so funny and SO true!
Yeah it annoys me too..someone is always stopping to say something to Justin..he normally just blows it off...but last night one of the guys was messing with him that he better get off the phone cuz count was in 5 minutes and Justin didnt hear shit I was saying and it really upset me. Also there is always some BIG mouth in the background screaming about something..its like people are on an expensive phone call stfu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiJC View Post
Thats really annoying. reminds me of kids. They leave you alone until you get on the phone and then they wanna bug you.

Almost there after 6.5 years!

Engaged!

And in the end when it's All said and Done
It will always be Me and Him
Nothing can BREAK us
And there is Nothing we can't Overcome!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

oh my god! this makes me so mad!!! I will be on the phone with my b/f and they wanna talk and hang out i'm like tell them to shut up ur on the phone!, stop talking.. shit! lol i get mad after they keep doing it, they have no respect at all
Old 12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
he's comin' home

lol! this happens to me too. My husband gets interrupted often, but it's by a CO usually, the other inmates are cool and leave him alone while he's talkin. we get to spend an hour on the phone everyday now, so they just butt right in. it annoys me. then he comes back saying "these dumb muther 'efers...I got all day in here and they pick now to tell me this?"
Old 12-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Missin' him always...
Donation Award 

We get that sometimes... It doesn't bother me but he makes comments about how its rude cuz hes trying to talk on the phone anything any inmate has to say to him can wait.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:12 PM
My Baby is finally Home!!

Default My Baby got his Parole

It is very disrespectful, it happen today when he called me, I'm like WTF, they cant see ur on the phone, It dont happen all the time, but it really pisses me off, Ill tell him its either them or me and that usually will end it till he is off the phone
Old 12-23-2008, 08:20 PM
he's home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda9014 View Post
This is something that irritates the stuff out of me! When my man calls I'm expectin to be able to talk to him and hear how his day went, tell him about mine and conversate. BUT EVERYTIME he calls me another inmate decided he has something soooooooooooooooooooooo important that he has to say to him. Rarely is there a conversation without another inmate butting in. He tells them most of the time that he is tlaking to wifey and he will get at them later. But these men have alllll the time in the world to talk to one another why do they feel they gotta do it when they see a man is on the phone?! What is so important?!

mannn i feel you on that.. sometimes my dude even entertains these dudes for a min, and im like "nouh, this is MY TIME" "you can talk to them dudes whenever you want!" He'll laugh and apologize. Or they be BEGGING for 3 ways. Gah.

always-n-4-ever
tothemoonandback
A.'n' C.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 AM

LOL that pisses me off no matter who Im talking to. If anyone calls me and then decides to talk to someone else in the background I tell them they can either talk to me or talk to the person in the background and if they dont stop I just hang up. Its ten times worse when its my boyfriend though because phone calls from him mean alot to me and I want to talk to him not listen to him talk to someone else in the background. I threaten to hang up on him when he does that although Ive never hung up on him (while he was in prison) and I most likely wouldnt it usually works.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Talking

Quote:
Damn you hit the nail on the head with this one it's annoying it makes me want to go off on him I stay calm. What is it with that? Ohh if that was me have third conversation he starts talking... You know. They got to stick together, I know that just not when they see a man is having a one on one conversation with his lady:0). You feel me? Much respect...
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makayla22 View Post
I dont really pay it no attention...I'm sure my man has been one of those annoying inmates in another persons phone call.
Great minds think alike! Ha ha.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz.Huerita_13 For This Useful Post:
makayla22 (12-30-2008)
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 AM

yeah...that annoys the hell outta me too, but he tells them that he is on the phone and leave him alone for awhile, but one thing I think was pretty cute was everynight when he would call, he would have a group of guys who would follow him to the phone just to ask me what I had made for dinner that night, peopel would come up to him and say...so what is she cooking tonight...I just thought that was funny!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 AM

We don't really go through that but I always wondered why the phones are where they are. They must be near a common area and when everyone is out you can't hear for all the yelling and commotion in the background - we have a lot of "sorry babe, I didn't hear you, can you say it again." Or he says he has his finger shoved so far in his ear just to be able to hear.

He's home
Old 12-28-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnh_ok View Post
yeah...that annoys the hell outta me too, but he tells them that he is on the phone and leave him alone for awhile, but one thing I think was pretty cute was everynight when he would call, he would have a group of guys who would follow him to the phone just to ask me what I had made for dinner that night, peopel would come up to him and say...so what is she cooking tonight...I just thought that was funny!
" CUTE" to cute!!!!. Our 15 mins seem like only 5 min .
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM

LOL..happens to us all the time..so irritating. He usually answers quick and then tells them to wait till he's off the phone. But if a group of them are making a bunch of noise in the background, he starts yelling at them. Telling them to show some respect. I tell him not to be so rude ( I don't want anyone getting mad at him and causing trouble, I just want him back asap) but he says it happens to each of them when they're on the phone so basically they all just yell at each other. Sometimes I'd love to be a fly on the wall in there lol.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT SOME TIMES IT WOULD BE MY MAN! I WOULD YELL AT HIM AND SAY "UHHH YOU WANT TO CALL ME BACK YOU CAN!" "STOP THE SIDE CONVO'S" THE OTHER INMATES DO THAT B/C THEY DONT HAVE LOVE ONES TO CALL SO THEY WANNA BE ALL UP IN WHO EVER IS USING THE PHONE BUISNESS!LOL

Last edited by JonJon Wife; 01-06-2009 at 07:30 AM..
Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM

they all sung happy birthday to me the other day, it was kinda cute
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
love my muffin

People do sometimes and it used to really piss me off and i'd get an attitude with him but then i thought about how sometimes when i'm talking to him my friends/family around me will ask me things and I answer them so I try to be understanding. The more annoying thing is when he calls me during a game on tv and all the people are yelling so loud over the game i can barely hear him.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,660 Times in 762 Posts

That is disrespectful, and I've had my share of complaining about it just like my husband will complain if people in my home are nagging on me for something during our conversations!
We only get 20 minutes two times a week and so there's a lot of subjects we need to get in before we're cut off. We don't have time for other peoples issues!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM

lol.....I hate this like crazy. He tells me these dudes don't want to talk until I am on the phone.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Wishing he was here....

Yea the other guys yelling and being really loud in the background can be annoying but we can tune that out. What really gets to me is when my man will say "baby can you call so and so for my celly" and if i do than the person that i call will want me to sit there and pass messages to her man for her... sometimes i just want to scream " I"M PAYING GOOD MONEY TO TALK TO MY MAN AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME!" then if I check TJ for even asking me to do that and wasting our phone time it ruins our whole conversation.... ***AH frustrations!!!***
Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM

People aren't usually trying to talk to him but the background noise is always so loud. It's really a pain in the ass....especially when we're having one of "Those" conversations and I'm trying to ..... well, you know