Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1476  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 440
Thanks: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
I know when my LO was in another prison before he got to Big Sandy, I could only send him paperback at the time since he was in the SHU since I started to send him hardback and paperback but I'm glad I did call before I ordered the books. I think you can send hardback and paperbacks to your LO when ordering books except the SHU which I think it's paperback but I'm not sure. Either look in the handbook or call them to make sure.
Ok. Thank you
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1477  
Old 12-21-2017, 12:35 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 804
Thanks: 22
Thanked 154 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
Missing my LO so much today! I just need to hear his voice! ��
I miss my LO so much as well! My birthday was yesterday and I was staring at my cell phone and kept it on ring just in case he called or something and then, I forgot that they was on lockdown but he said he was going to send me a gift but it's going to my friend's PO Box so I hope he sent it to her so I can get it
Reply With Quote
  #1478  
Old 12-21-2017, 12:37 AM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 804
Thanks: 22
Thanked 154 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Ok. Thank you
You're welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #1479  
Old 12-21-2017, 06:10 PM
NudaWife NudaWife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Came straight home from work expecting a letter from my LO just to find out my mailman didn't even run today! I'm so sick of him! I'm tired of receiving my mail late!
Reply With Quote
  #1480  
Old 12-21-2017, 07:36 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
Came straight home from work expecting a letter from my LO just to find out my mailman didn't even run today! I'm so sick of him! I'm tired of receiving my mail late!
I literally run to the mailbox every day when I get home 😩
Reply With Quote
  #1481  
Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 440
Thanks: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 102 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani1231 View Post
I literally run to the mailbox every day when I get home 😩
I writer my LO every night and drop it off at the post office every morning before work lol i miss him so much. I got a letter from my LO today. He said hes been getting my letters :-) im so happy. Writing him every night makes me feel like im talking to him
Reply With Quote
  #1482  
Old 12-21-2017, 11:39 PM
mariaacharles mariaacharles is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 804
Thanks: 22
Thanked 154 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
Came straight home from work expecting a letter from my LO just to find out my mailman didn't even run today! I'm so sick of him! I'm tired of receiving my mail late!
I haven't got a letter from my LO in a long while but due to a family situation, I can't receive/send letters to/from him while I'm still living at home with family. One of my very good friends has allowed me to use her PO Box for his letters so that's what I have been doing and she has been taking my letters and dropping them off for me. I haven't wrote him in a while either since I've been sick. My LO is going to give me a gift since my birthday was on December 20th but if he did send it, I haven't got anything from my friend yet but I know he will send me my gift whenever he can.
Reply With Quote
  #1483  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:22 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
I writer my LO every night and drop it off at the post office every morning before work lol i miss him so much. I got a letter from my LO today. He said hes been getting my letters :-) im so happy. Writing him every night makes me feel like im talking to him
Aww I wish I could write my husband every day, but Iím so tired from work & the kids, & I always end up falling asleep 😭
Reply With Quote
  #1484  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:23 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
I haven't got a letter from my LO in a long while but due to a family situation, I can't receive/send letters to/from him while I'm still living at home with family. One of my very good friends has allowed me to use her PO Box for his letters so that's what I have been doing and she has been taking my letters and dropping them off for me. I haven't wrote him in a while either since I've been sick. My LO is going to give me a gift since my birthday was on December 20th but if he did send it, I haven't got anything from my friend yet but I know he will send me my gift whenever he can.

Aww Iím sorry about that situation girl..But at least u found a way to be able to receive his letters my birthday is next month & im so sad my husband isnít here 😭 But thatís amazing heís able to send u a gift!
Reply With Quote
  #1485  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:26 PM
NudaWife NudaWife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

This lockdown is really taking a toll on me.
Reply With Quote
  #1486  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:34 PM
Dagogypsy Dagogypsy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego ca
Posts: 46
Thanks: 89
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I haven't gotten anything from my LO. This lockdown crap sucks. I understand they have to do what they feel necessary to keep everyone safe and to do a thorough investigation but this lockdown is heartbreaking from all aspects.
Reply With Quote
  #1487  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:37 PM
NudaWife NudaWife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

The last letter I got was last Friday
Reply With Quote
  #1488  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:38 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
This lockdown is really taking a toll on me.
Same here 💔
Reply With Quote
  #1489  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagogypsy View Post
I haven't gotten anything from my LO. This lockdown crap sucks. I understand they have to do what they feel necessary to keep everyone safe and to do a thorough investigation but this lockdown is heartbreaking from all aspects.

Same here..I understand that & I do hope it is a thorough investigation, but everyone has family & LOs & itís the holidays..Ppl wanna receive that XMas or New Years phone call..Kids wanna talk to their dads..My son keeps asking for his daddy & ďwhen is daddy gonna call? I miss my daddy..why hasnít daddy calledĒ & what do I say u know?
Reply With Quote
  #1490  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:43 PM
NudaWife NudaWife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Exactly
Reply With Quote
  #1491  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Dagogypsy Dagogypsy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego ca
Posts: 46
Thanks: 89
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

My LO wrote to his sister and his Grandmother, both live in Kentucky and received their letters within one day of him sending them. I was hoping mine was just taking longer because I'm in California. Now I'm starting to think he just didn't write me. Normally it wouldn't be anything that would bother me much because he isn't good about writing, he just doesn't do it much. But it's almost Christmas and it would be nice to know he is thinking of me. Little Sh*t better write me something soon lol.
Reply With Quote
  #1492  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:48 PM
NudaWife NudaWife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Michigan United States
Posts: 19
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Right! Usually I receive a letter every other day! Hopefully something comes soon.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NudaWife For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (12-22-2017)
  #1493  
Old 12-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Dagogypsy Dagogypsy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: San Diego ca
Posts: 46
Thanks: 89
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani1231 View Post
Same here..I understand that & I do hope it is a thorough investigation, but everyone has family & LOs & itís the holidays..Ppl wanna receive that XMas or New Years phone call..Kids wanna talk to their dads..My son keeps asking for his daddy & ďwhen is daddy gonna call? I miss my daddy..why hasnít daddy calledĒ & what do I say u know?
I hear you, my dad was in n out most of my life. There isn't anything you can say to them unfortunately. I know when I was little it helped to draw or color pictures for my daddy n send them. It felt good dropping the envelope in the big blue mailboxes. Knowing he was getting something from me helped even when he couldn't call.

Last edited by Dagogypsy; 12-22-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1494  
Old 12-22-2017, 05:08 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagogypsy View Post
I hear you, my dad was in n out most of my life. There isn't anything you can say to them unfortunately. I know when I was little it helped to draw or color pictures for my daddy n send them. It felt good dropping the envelope in the big blue mailboxes. Knowing he was getting something from me helped even when he couldn't call.

We sent him a Christmas card but it’s not the same u know?

Last edited by nani1231; 12-22-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nani1231 For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (12-23-2017)
  #1495  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:44 PM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

FYI ladies, they take copies of cards & give it to the guys..My hubs told me in a letter I received today..Kinda bummed I spent $8 on a card for my kid to send to his daddy & all he gets is a copy
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nani1231 For This Useful Post:
Dagogypsy (12-23-2017)
  #1496  
Old 12-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 440
Thanks: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani1231 View Post
FYI ladies, they take copies of cards & give it to the guys..My hubs told me in a letter I received today..Kinda bummed I spent $8 on a card for my kid to send to his daddy & all he gets is a copy
Wow thats crazy smh
Reply With Quote
  #1497  
Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Mrsmusej Mrsmusej is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Columbus ohio
Posts: 440
Thanks: 21
Thanked 133 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
This lockdown is really taking a toll on me.
Me too :-( me and my LO have never went this long without hearing eachothers voice. Im so ready for july to get here. Smh. Stay strong.
Reply With Quote
  #1498  
Old 12-22-2017, 10:34 PM
LynnrussT LynnrussT is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 304
Thanks: 91
Thanked 161 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudaWife View Post
This lockdown is really taking a toll on me.
Yea me too. I was in such a bad mood today but when I got home I had a letter from him so that made me feel a little bit better
Reply With Quote
  #1499  
Old 12-23-2017, 02:19 AM
nani1231 nani1231 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 244
Thanks: 108
Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnrussT View Post
Yea me too. I was in such a bad mood today but when I got home I had a letter from him so that made me feel a little bit better
Iíve been in a bad mood all wk I was really happy when I got letters today!
Reply With Quote
  #1500  
Old 12-23-2017, 02:26 AM
Siobhan Siobhan is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 101
Thanks: 33
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I havenít heard from mine since Dec 7....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
big sandy, ged, lockdown, unicor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many have ties to a United States Penitentiary? kintml2u Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 164 03-18-2019 09:06 AM
United States Penitentiary - Lompoc TragicsLady Other Federal Prisons 159 06-24-2016 06:14 PM
United States Penitentiary Lewisburg janicel Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information 8 07-28-2009 03:34 PM
How many of you have loved ones in a USP?(United States Penitentiary) cjjack Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 16 06-03-2006 07:21 PM
United States Penitentiary, Some History kintml2u Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues 0 04-24-2004 08:54 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics