Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
RachelisJims

Default Leavenworth

Aka, Leavenworth Federal Satellite Prison Camp, In Kansas.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 AM

Hi Rachel just saw your post and thought I would say hello my fiance is in Leavenworth camp as well and I am in Wichita if you need any info don't hesitate to ask
Old 10-31-2006, 02:47 PM

hey ladies. i just posted a thread earlier today asking about others with ties to fpc leavenworth then i came across this one. My husband's been there since july 20th and i too am in wichita.
The Following User Says Thank You to sandy1234 For This Useful Post:
maleka77 (03-01-2013)
Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM

I will soon surrender at the Leavenworth FPC. I've never been in the system and would appreciate hearing any comments or info about life at the camp from someone who's been there or who knows someone there now. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:27 AM
RachelisJims

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromey
I will soon surrender at the Leavenworth FPC. I've never been in the system and would appreciate hearing any comments or info about life at the camp from someone who's been there or who knows someone there now. Thanks for sharing!
Hi and welcome. I haven't been there yet to visit, but from what Jim tells me it's not a bad prison. He keeps busy which helps. The two things he doesn't like about it is, that it's hot and humid in the summer and the cops and staff don't work together or communicate things very well. Pm me if you have any other questions....
Old 11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
RachelisJims

Default Transfers from Leavenworth F.P.C.

Has anyone heard of someone being transferred from Leavenworth F.P.C.?
Jim said that they have been transferring inmates to make room for other inmates. He's not really sure though you know how rumors spread in there. They are transferring 45 inmates next week. I really don't think he will get shipped, but you never know. The B.O.P. doesn't really like to tell you anything.....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Are the rumors true about Leavenworth Prison

Does anyone know any helpful info about Leavenworth the Prison not the camp? My brother was just sentenced to 87 months and I am really worried about him. I have read a couple books regarding Leavenworth which just made my worries worse. Please help.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Donation Award 

Whats the rumors?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
johnswoman

I do not know about leavenworth in particular but from what I have heard and what i have read they are going to be moving alot of guys around. I am not sure why but I believe that it is in part due to the new security levels or changes made to the old one. I think that under the new guidelines some guys security levels will go up and others will go down. I do know that my old guys level went down enough so he might be moved out of high max.

I hope this helps some at least.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:30 PM

Please don't scare us any more than you have to. It is hard enough already. What rumors are you refering to?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:26 AM

My husband is supposed to get to go to the camp in Leavenworth but nothing is for certain right. I would be grateful for any and all infor. Thanks so much
Old 11-18-2006, 11:22 PM

I heard this same exact thing just today in a letter. He said the Warden told them, moving some out of the camp so that those in holding could be moved in to get them out of, well holding from their transfers.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
RachelisJims

HI all, I know there isn't much traffic in this post, but Jim is going to be transferred again next week. Either, Yankton or South Dakota. Go figure.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:18 AM
RachelisJims

Jim is going to Duluth, at this rate I may never get to see him till he comes home....
Old 11-30-2006, 05:08 PM

My man is at USP Leavenworth. It is not like the reputation it gained in the past. That was when it was a Max joint. Now it is a Medium Federal. It isn't near as violent as it was in the past. Let me know if I can tell you anything else about it. I would imagine those are the rumors you have read about (the violence and such). Mike has been there for a little while now. So if there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

KROE
Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 AM
rantings of a steelersfan

my guy went from Newton,ia to leavenworth for 3 weeks then they moved him to terre haute for 4 days and now(knock on wood0 hes at oxford,wi where he'll stay.especially since he's only 2 1/2 hrs away
Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 AM

Was he surprised being transfered after 4 weeks, or did he know that was going to happen? Just curious.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 AM
rantings of a steelersfan

yeah he knew he was transferring and knew that leavenworth and terre haute wouldnt be permnant.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:36 PM

My husband was transferred out last week. He was sent to Duluth.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Starting a new chapter

I hope nobody minds me re-activating this old thread, but I just took my fiance to the FPC Leavenworth, and I'm scared half out of my mind now. Is there anyone who can tell me anything?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 AM

My husband was at Leavenworth FPC before being transferred to Duluth. Pm me with your ???s and I will try to answer them. It wasn't bad from what my husband said except for one guard that would sneak around trying to catch someone doing something wrong. Even going on top of the roof land peeking in the windows. Visiting was good and laidback. The visitng room was small but there is good sized courtyard with picnic tables.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Leavenworth, lockdown?

Have not heard from my inmate at the camp in 10 days. Not like him at all. Anyone know if the phones are broken or something? Wish one could call and say WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!??? (lol)
If only it were that easy, huh?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:51 PM

Never mind. He's in the hole. I swear to everything that I believe in I am going to have a nervous break down before all of this is over. I am sick of it all, I am tired of worrying tired of being strong, tired of holding on and tired of crying and just f'ing tired of it all.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

Sorry you're feeling so defeated. It's hard enough and then if your guy goes to the hole, it gets even harder. Sometimes it's his fault; sometimes not. Either way, the lack of communication is depressing. So - your job now is to give yourself a limited amount of time to feel down and then pull yourself up and go out and do something special for yourself. Cause YOU are NOT in the hole and you can go out, enjoy the sunshine, enjoy a good movie or whatever - and you deserve it!! Z.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:10 PM

sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time. i was just browsing thru some posts when i saw your first one and my stomach dropped.... i've been waiting all day for a phone call from my husband who is at the camp in leavenworth as well and until reading your second post thought the phones were off or they were on lock down. i know kinda how you feel (not 10 days) having to wait for a phone call and not knowing what is going on and all the worry it causes it really sucks!!! just do what you can to stay busy and keep your mind off it and just know that he is missing you as much as you are him and that it's hurting him too that he can't call you or hear your voice. i'm sure that the second he gets a chance he'll run straight to the phone to call you!!!! keep your chin up!