Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Washington that do not fit into any other Washington sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Donation Award 

Default Getting through the day ~ chit chat ~

Oh my goodness.

After being on vacation and out of my house for 6 days, after my return I realized my house is making me sick, both mentally and physically.

The dust, the dirt, the clutter, cat hair covering every surface, the lack of organization!! It's too much, it's just too much. I can't take it all on all at once.

And I am having company over on June 7th!! eeeeeeekkkkkkkk.........

Well. Being having the obsessive overplanning compulsion gene, I created a calendar from today to June 7th. Actually I did two calendars from today to June 7th.

The first calendar has all the job search activities, bill paying due dates, G2G's, birthday parties and Al-Anon functions that I need to take care of or attend.

The second calendar has all the household chores I will do on a daily basis. So, instead of tackling the entire house, I do only what is on the list.

Then, for each day, I have created a detailed chores list.

Example, todays calendar has listed these chores:

Take out trash
Magazines
Dishes
Bathroom.

Where as the detailed chores list reads something like this:

Take out trash from kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom

Magazines: sort to discard or box magazines from under the coffee table. take discards to dumpster, and boxed mags to front room closet.

Dishes: must do 2 dishwasher loads of dishes and put away when clean and dry. Do not leave any dishes in dishwasher over night.

Bathroom:
clean shower surround
clean shower sheves
clean tub
clean grout
clean toilet top to bottom
etc.

Now, I can here y'all saying, why doesn't JJT just get off her duff and do the chores in the time it takes to make the list? I have to be this detailed or I simply won't do it. As evident from the current state of my apartment.

I have had my breakfast. I have been on PTO for a bit now. My calendar says it is time to get off and get stuff done.

Later gaters.

JJT
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Good Luck!!

I have to do the same thing when I've got a scheduel to keep or stuff never gets done. I get side-tracked or I end up moving stuff from one place to the next. I forget the important stuff and end up doing all the unimportant stuff that could be done later or last minute.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Account Closed

Welcome back JJT, sounds like you have the housework problem tackled let me know how the schedule works so I can use it here this summer for the girls I have.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Donation Award 

I have found a flaw in my daily schedule. I never put a time limit on when it had to be done!

I putz around in the kitchen. I putz around in the bathroom. I did take 7 large sacks of garbage out of here today. I fiddle with this, I watch some TV.

I could have been done if I had just written down: Must be done by 5:00 PM!!! But noooooooooooooooooo............. I have until midnight.

So guess what I will be doing tonight at 11:59!!! LOL
Old 05-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Account Closed

Hey you got it started that is the most important thing. Now you need to tweak it to make it work.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

Stupendous!

I think it's important to have putz-ing time scheduled in. Otherwise you burn out and end up hating the bathroom so much you don't want to ever go in there and then you start using the bushes and the neighbors start to complain and the cops pay you a friendly visit and then you've just bought yourself a new set of problems. So, there it is - manditory sanity breaks.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLW View Post
Stupendous!

I think it's important to have putz-ing time scheduled in. Otherwise you burn out and end up hating the bathroom so much you don't want to ever go in there and then you start using the bushes and the neighbors start to complain and the cops pay you a friendly visit and then you've just bought yourself a new set of problems. So, there it is - manditory sanity breaks.
This is great I'm laughing so hard that I've had to write this twice. I agree put the breaks we don't the neighbors complaining!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Donation Award 

hu? what?

I just woke up from a 2 hour nap. And there is no Dr Pepper in the house!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Donation Award 

What I accomplished today.

uh.. um.....

sheesh.

uh....

I drove to the Papa Murphy's and bought a pizza and Dr Pepper.

So be it!!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Account Closed

Not good JJT no Dr. Pepper oh my that is bad, but I'm glad to see that you got some to go with your pizza.
Hang in there it will get better just take one section at a time and ignore the rest. It will all be clean before you know it.
Tosha

Last edited by Toshacat; 05-22-2008 at 10:59 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

so do you get to keep your DR Pepper or is it going to be DIET for you?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Donation Award 

Diet is a 4 letter word!!!

I am proud to announce that there isn't one dirty dish in my kitchen!!! There is no garbage! The countertops have been cleared off and ready for me to scrub them down. The floor is ready for mopping!

The Aztec red, velvetish couch is covered with a white blanket for cat shedding season.

The bed has been stripped and ready for washing. All the area rugs have been piled up and ready for washing.

I think I need a nap!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Account Closed

I agree "DIET" is a nasty 4 letter word LOL
Woo Hoo that is a lot done today. Now put your feet up and have a Dr. Pepper!!!!!!
Toshacat
Old 05-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Donation Award 

Bathroom is scrubbed top to bottom!!
Well, except the tub and floor and walls.

I spent hours fussing and mussing over what to put my jewlery in, as my jewlery box was stolen last summer. I tried one of shoe boxes I had collaged, but it was the wrong color, the wrong size and I just didn't like it for that purpose. I tried a blue plastic box thingy, but it ate up to much of the tiny sink vanity. My bathroom is very shy of storage and countertop. I tried this and that and some other things. Nothing worked.

Then I remembered the Hallcraft, Eva Zeisel, Bouquet pattern (see photos below), dishes that I had in a box on the floor of the kitchen. The floral pattern would be a close match to the colors I have in the bathroom; green and purple with splashes of pink and blue.

I have cotton balls in the covered sugar dish. Earrings and bracelets in the gravy boat and I have my rings in a bowl.

I kinda like it. But it doesn't match the G. Van Boven painting, nor the coffee cup the Christmas cactus is in. And the painting and coffee cup are the exact colors of my bathroom.

So. I have to fuss and muss and decided if the Hallcraft will work. I just don't know.

The living room plants are rearranged and dusted.
The living room built in bookshelves are rearranged and dusted.
The living room carpet still is unvacuumed. I like the details, not so much the big projects!!

Today. **heavy sigh** I am going to start on the front room. The front room is 7 feet by 9 feet of clutter and storage, mixed with the cat box and art supplies. Add to that storage for my neighbor. There are no walls in this room. Well, there are 4 sides, but no walls. Let me expalin.

To enter the room, you open 6 foot wide french doors. The wall to the left is a bank of three windows running the 7 foot depth of the room. In front are the bank of 3 windows running the width of the room. To the right is a built-in display nook and double wide drawers. Next to the built-in, a door to the closet that hooks behind the built-in.

I need to clean it out and get rid of crap and have my neighbor find storage someplace else.

Although. If I clean out all the crap in the closet, she could store stuff in there. She brings me food in exchange for storage. Not just ingredients. Home made meals!! I kinda like it!

I have too much stuff. I should have a yard sale!! But where would I store the stuff until I have a yard sale? Right where it is. drat. I need another week to get ready for company!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (54.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (74.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (221.9 KB, 83 views)
Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 AM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

Wow, JJT! You are an inspiration to us all. I love the ingenuity of the dishes - and that gravy boat is crazy-darling!

I am definitely impressed. You have made such amazing progress, and with yet another two weeks to go, you're going to run out of things to do and get bored and start sorting and selling your neighbor's storage, which will not please her and then the food quits coming, but you will have enough money to hire a full-time chef/pool boy who'll cater to your every whim and satisfy your every need. Hey, maybe that's not such a bad idea after all ...

Old 05-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLW View Post
but you will have enough money to hire a full-time chef/pool boy who'll cater to your every whim and satisfy your every need. Hey, maybe that's not such a bad idea after all ...

Not a bad idea at all!!!

Today is a scheduled non cleaning day. It's Memorial Day!!

One of the locla AA groups is hosting a BBQ and I plan on going and having fun, food, fun, more food, and some more food!!! I'm going to come waddling back home like a duck and crash on the couch!!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Donation Award 

Today, I had to clean the kitchen again, because what does one do when they have a clean kitchen?? Start cooking and making another mess!!

I finally found the box that had all my desk items in it and loaded my desk up. Of course, I had to empty the desk of non desk items before putting the desk items into the desk!!

That is about all I got done today. Well, that and a nap.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

So does that mean that you now have an empty box in which to put your non-desk items? That's considered a victory, I think!

Amen to the nap - I got one too. It didn't get my bedroom any cleaner, but I'm no longer falling asleep with my head on the shredder - and there's something to be said for that.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Donation Award 

Sleeping with your head on the shredder........... ?????
That explains a lot.

I have so much to do today!!

I have to change the kitty liter box, which means I need to go buy liter.

I have to throw away the collection of paper Dr Pepper containers and Arby's new berry delight swirl shake (a new addiction) containers and empty Dr Pepper plastic bottles, but first I have to go buy more trash bags.

Then I have to fill up my car with gas, but first I have to see if I have any funds in my bank.

Then I have to pack for my weekend trip to Vancouver, Portland, Bremerton area and then back to Yakima. And to let my neighbor know she can have a "mini vacation" at my place!! (she lives in a tiny one bedroom with husband and brother in law, and I like knowing someone trustworthy is in my place while I am gone)

Okay. Right now. My cat was OUTSIDE, then comes INSIDE to use her liter box, and then goes back OUTSIDE again!!! She was OUTSIDE........ it's a world wide liter box!! Stupid cat!

Man, that irritates me!! How do I break her of that???

Now I am too irritated to figure out what I need to get done today. I think it is time for a nap!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Kitty Loving Member
Donation Award 

Your kitty story is a classic! Kitties have their own way of making a statement. Does she have a sandbox outside she can use? I have one cat who will only use the clumping litter because it's the most like sand, and they LOVE sand. Cats can be so fastidious they'll only potty in an enclosed space that's solely for that purpose - in other words, the rest of the world is her living room/dining room/parlor - but your house is her bathroom.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Donation Award 

Dang nab it!!

I have company coming in 4 days the place is still a mess and my tush has been in this computer chair since 6:30 this morning!!!

Somebody ban me so I can get some work done!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJT
Old 06-03-2008, 06:47 PM

Lmao!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Account Closed

No banning allowed but consider yourself grounded lol
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Donation Award 

I haven't been grounded since I was 14!!!

**shuffles feet. goes and stands in the corner**
Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Account Closed

Standing in the corner is a time out LOL