Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 02-18-2019, 04:41 PM

Default Intro--Dmarcinek from Florida

Hi! Im new to the system. My son is in the Florida system. Is it a good idea to contact his classification officer on his behalf? His roomy is threatening him and
he has reported it but nothing has been done yet. I guess he is the leader of a gang. Very scary for us and our son. He made a bad decision and now is paying for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,343 Times in 12,346 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what your Son, and you are facing. He needs to continuing trying to have the prison staff resolve his problem, but sometimes the COs and the gangs are intertwined.

Here's a link to the Florida Department of Corrections Office of the Inspector General.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ig/index.html

The OIG investigates both alleged violations of criminal laws and major departmental policy violations/F.A.C. violations committed by Departmental employees and also audits and inspects Departmental programs.

And a link to the PTO Florida prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Last edited by fbopnomore; 02-18-2019 at 05:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2019, 08:20 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcinek View Post
Hi! Im new to the system. My son is in the Florida system. Is it a good idea to contact his classification officer on his behalf? His roomy is threatening him and
he has reported it but nothing has been done yet. I guess he is the leader of a gang. Very scary for us and our son. He made a bad decision and now is paying for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
welcome hun.. his classification officer would be able to help you and may go ahead and make it known to someone that he is having issues but I have a feeling they are going to tell you that he needs to keep reporting it.. they may also tell you to have him file a grievance on those who hes informed and aren't doing anything about it. they may even be able to let the warden know as well if you call and mention you are concerned. the prison my man is at the classification officers are really helpful but ive heard at other florida prisons they aren't. so it kind of depends on the person. if they dont help you the next step honestly would be to go ahead and just call Tallahassee and let them know you have mention it to the prison, hes mentioned it to the prison and nothing is getting done.

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-19-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 02:18 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,330 Posts

Welcome to prison talk. I am sorry you're facing this but you came to the right place. I urge you to check out the links that have already been provided and also to keep us informed. It is a tough spot to be in , just keep coming back.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."