Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Default Marriage in Federal Prison

My fiance and i have been together for 6 years prior to him self surrendering 2 weeks ago. We had been plannong a wedding for when he was released before he even went. But we would really like to get married while he is still in there and the have our big wedding (my dream wedding) when he gets out. I llove him and the family we have and i know FOR SURE that he is the man i want to spend the rest of my life with. Does anyone have any informationon what we need to do to get married while he is in federal prison. Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
♪ ♥ ♪ ♥
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddoll
My fiance and i have been together for 6 years prior to him self surrendering 2 weeks ago. We had been plannong a wedding for when he was released before he even went. But we would really like to get married while he is still in there and the have our big wedding (my dream wedding) when he gets out. I llove him and the family we have and i know FOR SURE that he is the man i want to spend the rest of my life with. Does anyone have any informationon what we need to do to get married while he is in federal prison. Thank you!!!!
The process for every federal prison is different. My hub is in a fed prison where the warden does not allow weddings/marriage . I would recommend to check the federal forum to where he's at and see if you find any info there or have him ask his counselor and he/she will tell him the process . Congrats!

Last edited by will_be_waiting; 11-23-2011 at 05:08 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to will_be_waiting For This Useful Post:
diamonddoll (11-23-2011)
Old 11-23-2011, 06:42 PM

A lot of times it depends on the rules of the state and county he is in i was married in a med sec prison in a county that allowed an affidavit as to why he could not appear for the license.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Some states allow and some don't. It took me forever to finally get it done, and that consisted of him being transferred to my state to get it done, going thru group marriage counseling classes with chaplin for 6 months. And alot of stress and running around. It's not easy, but is a chance. Start with talking to Chaplin first and go from there. Good luck!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:08 PM

His chaplain wanted nothing to do with marriages and he had to go through the counselor the first counselor never got our paper work done but after he left his new counselor was on the ball and got it accomplished.Only trouble was only 2 times a year the prison held the weddings the whole whole process took 11 months.
Old Today, 01:37 PM

Is there a way I can find a list of prisons that allow this service to be done I really want to marry me fiance has two years laughing we want to do it now he is in Manchester Kentucky now and they don't allow the service to anyone give me a list of prisons that do
The Following User Says Thank You to His#1bonnie For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (Today)