Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:00 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default Boyfriend has heart issues, haven't heard from him in 3 days. Seagoville

My bf is in Seagoville FCI. We talk every day. Have t heard from him in three days. This has never happened unless on lockdown. I called prison they say computers and phones are working and hes there. Bum worried cause just a day before hed been to medical and said he has a problem worth a valve. Hes had open heart before. And if he cant talk. Hes always gotten a message to me before. So Im concerned. That something might have happened to him and I dont know about it. Does anyone else have a man in there.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-20-2018, 02:02 PM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 1,727
Thanks: 332
Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,017 Posts
Default

Does anyone have medical power of attorney or a Hippa release? If he doedoesn'ts, I'm not sure how much you'll be able to find out if he was transferred to medical facility. Have you checked his status online to see if he was moved?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 26,610
Thanks: 39,988
Thanked 19,528 Times in 11,453 Posts
Default

If he is in a real outside hospital, he will be unable to contact you. If you figure out which one, the hospital will deny that he is a patient there, and the bop won't tell you either since they consider it to be an escape risk. Unless another prisoner writes to you, you won't know what is happening until he returns to a bop prison, but if he is sent to one of the bop's pseudo hospitals, federal medical centers, he will be able to call you.

The good thing about being sent outside is that he will receive the same level of medical care as any other patient in that hospital, which is light years ahead of what he would get in the bop.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-21-2018), Sarianna (06-22-2018)
  #4  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:00 PM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,166
Thanks: 894
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

I urge all clients to pair up with a reliable coupled inmate and exchange telephone numbers between spouses, so if the person is hospitalized, the other can contact his/her own spouse and spouse will call buddy's spouse to let them know. I guess it's tricky giving personal information out, but it saves a lot of heart ache and anxiety. I have seen lawyers be denied information and luckily we knew enough about the local facility's system to ferret out the information of inmate's whereabouts through lawyer's kind former college friend who was a doctor at the facility. The wife didn't contact us for 9 days, and by the time we found him (he had heart attack and surgery) it was nearly 2 weeks. So try to get loved one to buddy up so that you can at least have someone to ask when this happens. I hope it turns out all right for you.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-21-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (06-21-2018), Sarianna (06-22-2018), xolady (06-27-2018)
  #5  
Old 06-21-2018, 01:29 PM
rockchalk1 rockchalk1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 667
Thanks: 14
Thanked 831 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisq View Post
I urge all clients to pair up with a reliable coupled inmate and exchange telephone numbers between spouses, so if the person is hospitalized, the other can contact his/her own spouse and spouse will call buddy's spouse to let them know. I guess it's tricky giving personal information out, but it saves a lot of heart ache and anxiety. I have seen lawyers be denied information and luckily we knew enough about the local facility's system to ferret out the information of inmate's whereabouts through lawyer's kind former college friend who was a doctor at the facility. The wife didn't contact us for 9 days, and by the time we found him (he had heart attack and surgery) it was nearly 2 weeks. So try to get loved one to buddy up so that you can at least have someone to ask when this happens. I hope it turns out all right for you.
Agree! I told my husband before he went in to make sure he finds and connects with just 1 person "buddy" so that if something happens to him, he can contact his wife to contact me, and vice versa. He has someone and they have agreed to be each other's "person".

That said, I do know there was an incident recently where someone had to be taken the the hospital. The prison wouldn't give the wife any information. She was finally told to call the hospital directly by I believe another inmate. My understanding is that when she contacted the hospital she then was able to get information on her husband. So if you know which facility this prison uses, you should call that hospital. The thing that hurts you is that this is just your boyfriend as opposed to husband, so you are not considered family and hence I assume you don't have HCPOA and due to HIPAA they won't provide you with any information, but, that said, it definitely doesn't hurt to find out. Also, if he is not in the FCI and in a medical facility, I think the inmate locator gets updated to say not in custody or something like that, so you may also want to check to see what that says.

Good luck and I hope he is ok!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-21-2018), xolady (06-27-2018)
  #6  
Old 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 26,610
Thanks: 39,988
Thanked 19,528 Times in 11,453 Posts
Default

When I was finally able to talk to the hospital's patient advocate, she told me that the bop demanded that they not admit that a prisoner is an inpatient there, and that the hospital honored it. My family called the hospital where it turned out that I was in ICU, in a coma, and they were told I was not a patient.

When I asked my bop counselor about it, I was told it was because of the escape risk, but that they would have contacted my family if I had died.
__________________

Last edited by fbopnomore; 06-21-2018 at 03:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-21-2018), Sarianna (06-22-2018), xolady (06-27-2018)
  #7  
Old 06-21-2018, 03:08 PM
safran's Avatar
safran safran is offline
Owned
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Azkaban
Posts: 3,149
Thanks: 1,171
Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,799 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
When I was finally able to talk to the hospital's patient advocate, she told me that the bop demanded that they not admit that a prisoner is an inpatient there, and that the hospital honored it. My family called the hospital where it turned out that I was in ICU, in a coma, and they were told I was not a patient.

Sadly, this is the norm and what the BoP demands of any hospital they take patients to.

IF a hospital gives out the info its by accident and the BoP will not be happy.
__________________
Owned
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-21-2018), xolady (06-27-2018)
  #8  
Old 06-23-2018, 08:33 AM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Agree! I told my husband before he went in to make sure he finds and connects with just 1 person "buddy" so that if something happens to him, he can contact his wife to contact me, and vice versa. He has someone and they have agreed to be each other's "person".

That said, I do know there was an incident recently where someone had to be taken the the hospital. The prison wouldn't give the wife any information. She was finally told to call the hospital directly by I believe another inmate. My understanding is that when she contacted the hospital she then was able to get information on her husband. So if you know which facility this prison uses, you should call that hospital. The thing that hurts you is that this is just your boyfriend as opposed to husband, so you are not considered family and hence I assume you don't have HCPOA and due to HIPAA they won't provide you with any information, but, that said, it definitely doesn't hurt to find out. Also, if he is not in the FCI and in a medical facility, I think the inmate locator gets updated to say not in custody or something like that, so you may also want to check to see what that says.

Good luck and I hope he is ok!
Ive called all they tell me is hes there. And hell contact me when he can. Whether that true or not I do t know. Weve never missed a day and we send multiple messages everyday. Unless it was a lockdown and even then hed always let me know before hand if something was up. Last he told me was he was to go this week to heart specialist. Possible valve replacement.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2018, 08:45 AM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Does anyone have medical power of attorney or a Hippa release? If he doedoesn'ts, I'm not sure how much you'll be able to find out if he was transferred to medical facility. Have you checked his status online to see if he was moved?
Maybe his dad. But he says he hasnt heard from him
Since Sunday either. I dont know now whether to be mad or worried. Mad feels better than the stress of worry.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2018, 04:20 PM
rockchalk1 rockchalk1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 667
Thanks: 14
Thanked 831 Times in 411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgpowell View Post
Ive called all they tell me is hes there. And hell contact me when he can. Whether that true or not I do t know. Weve never missed a day and we send multiple messages everyday. Unless it was a lockdown and even then hed always let me know before hand if something was up. Last he told me was he was to go this week to heart specialist. Possible valve replacement.
This is progress if theyve at least acknowledged hes in the hospital. If you think his father has the HCPOA, contact his father and have him call the hospital with the HCPOA in hand and see if that gets him anywhere. Or, have his lawyer contact them and see if that makes any difference.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-23-2018)
  #11  
Old 06-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Still no word. I don’t know what else to do. I’m worried sick. Kinda mad just a mix of emotions. It’s been a full week. Now. We have never gone this long unless anlockdown And I don’t believe they are. From up to 30 messages a day to noting. It’s hard. Not knowing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-24-2018)
  #12  
Old 06-25-2018, 07:52 AM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,166
Thanks: 894
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

The BOP plans for the worst case scenario in every situation. Their concern is to prevent anyone from being able to storm the hospital to kidnap or harm anyone. Obviously, that is not your situation, but it limits the ability to communicate. So your loved one won't be given access to ability to contact you. Hopefully he is getting good treatment and will contact you when he is back in the facility and mobile.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-25-2018)
  #13  
Old 06-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisq View Post
The BOP plans for the worst case scenario in every situation. Their concern is to prevent anyone from being able to storm the hospital to kidnap or harm anyone. Obviously, that is not your situation, but it limits the ability to communicate. So your loved one won't be given access to ability to contact you. Hopefully he is getting good treatment and will contact you when he is back in the facility and mobile.
I hope he can soon. This is the worst week ever. So sad and lost without him
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

[quote=bellisq;7729222]The BOP plans for the worst case scenario in every situation. Their concern is to prevent anyone from being able to storm the hospital to kidnap or harm anyone. Obviously, that is not your situation, but it limits the ability to communicate. So your loved one won't be given access to ability to contact you. Hopefully he is getting good treatment and will contact you when he is back in the facility and mobile.[/QUOTE
I hoe he can soon this has been the worst week ever. Just not knowing
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-25-2018, 10:51 AM
onedayatatime13 onedayatatime13 is online now
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 1,727
Thanks: 332
Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,017 Posts
Default

an option might be to have his next of kin call a congressional rep and see if they can at least let you know he is ok.
__________________


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-25-2018)
  #16  
Old 06-25-2018, 11:24 PM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,166
Thanks: 894
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

I would be surprised if a representative would deal at that level. They usually write letters, and not quickly. I'd love to know if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

His father emailed me. Said his sister got ahold of someone. Said he is in special houseminf he told me that’s the same as the hole. Now I’m kisses. He promised he was staying clear of trouble. He only has 18 months before he gets to halfway house. I know sometimes you get caught up in stuff. In there that you can’t aviod. But dang it. He needs to try harde. All this came from his dad. So I’m assuming it’s true. At least he’s not laying in some hospital “yet”. He will be if he gets in trouble again. I’ll send his dumb ass there myself. No dumb excuses either. Thanks for everyone’s help. Being pissed is better than being stressed and worried. Does anyone else in Seagoville have a man in the Special housing
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-26-2018), Sarianna (06-27-2018), Sunnielg (06-27-2018)
  #18  
Old 06-27-2018, 06:02 AM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,166
Thanks: 894
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default

Don't assume anything yet. People end up in the SHU for all kinds of reasons, and sometimes they are guilty of nothing, but were present at someone else's mistake.He probably can't communicate for awhile and probably will not be talking about what put him in the SHU, since his mail and email will likely be more closely monitored.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-27-2018), Sarianna (06-27-2018)
  #19  
Old 06-27-2018, 06:18 AM
xolady xolady is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: highlands, florida
Posts: 5,436
Thanks: 11,163
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,887 Posts
Default

Don't know about federal but when my husband was ill he was kept in medical for months and they had no phone in the unit. I became best friends with the night staff charge nurse that was my only contact with hubby and only because this kind soul had compassion. He was kept almost in shu because that's how the unit was set up 40 yrs ago. Having Hippa and every other legal rights meant nothing if you couldn't get thru to the proper people.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-27-2018)
  #20  
Old 06-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisq View Post
Don't assume anything yet. People end up in the SHU for all kinds of reasons, and sometimes they are guilty of nothing, but were present at someone else's mistake.He probably can't communicate for awhile and probably will not be talking about what put him in the SHU, since his mail and email will likely be more closely monitored.
Thank you. His fathers is the one that told me and he always assumes the worst from him. Ill keep an open mind.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
xolady (06-27-2018)
  #21  
Old 06-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
Don't know about federal but when my husband was ill he was kept in medical for months and they had no phone in the unit. I became best friends with the night staff charge nurse that was my only contact with hubby and only because this kind soul had compassion. He was kept almost in shu because that's how the unit was set up 40 yrs ago. Having Hippa and every other legal rights meant nothing if you couldn't get thru to the proper people.
Ill just be glad when I hear something. I hope its not medical. His fathers just thinks hes a screw up. Hes been staying clear of trouble hes wanting to get back to camp if possible. Just a bout two more years and hes out.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-28-2018), xolady (06-27-2018)
  #22  
Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 PM
LuvmyCandyCaneman's Avatar
LuvmyCandyCaneman LuvmyCandyCaneman is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 125
Thanks: 58
Thanked 47 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgpowell View Post
My bf is in Seagoville FCI. We talk every day. Have t heard from him in three days. This has never happened unless on lockdown. I called prison they say computers and phones are working and he’s there. Bum worried cause just a day before he’d been to medical and said he has a problem worth a valve. He’s had open heart before. And if he can’t talk. He’s always gotten a message to me before. So I’m concerned. That something might have happened to him and I don’t know about it. Does anyone else have a man in there.
Not at the same place but I definetely understand how you feel! I hope you hear soon.
__________________
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry, and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them."

Last edited by LuvmyCandyCaneman; 06-27-2018 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: add a colon
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LuvmyCandyCaneman For This Useful Post:
xolady (06-27-2018)
  #23  
Old 07-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Update. Finally after three weeks got a letter from him. Actually two. Yay said he finally got a guard to get my address for him. And he even had someone else in shu send a message to th their LO to call me and let me know what was happening. But I didn’t get the voice mail till Monday and she called Saturday lol. It went to my GV box Inatead of my regular Vm. He’s fine. Got into a fight over guys stealing stuff from
His locker. Got 120 days restrictions 30 in shu hell get out on the 27 th. And he might be able to call on the18th. That would be great Plus he doesn’t know yet if he’ll
Get shipped back to medium. I hope not. Wish they’d let him
Stay in OKC thatway he’d be real close to me. Thanks for all the support I was going crazy not knowing. Oh and his dad is a pure ass. Thinks he knows everything. And no concern about his son.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2018), Sarianna (07-12-2018), Sunnielg (07-11-2018)
  #24  
Old 07-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Jgpowell Jgpowell is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I had to redo my account. Wasn’t letting me long in and would never send me new password So I created this account. I got a sweet
Card from him the other day. He makes me smile. It’s still hard not talking to him. Fingers crossed he gets to call Wednesday. I did get a scare today. The prison called me. I just knew something bad had happened. They were just confirming wha god told him in letter about his dad being in hospital and had had a heart attack. It took me a while to calm down. But it was not good to scare me like that lol.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jgpowell For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-14-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still haven't heard from my boyfriend a63017 Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 14 06-23-2018 06:35 PM
Haven't heard from my boyfriend KimIslandSun GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 11 11-14-2016 06:14 AM
Haven't Heard Back from Boyfriend Rosariorr General Prison Talk 8 12-22-2015 10:46 PM
Haven't Heard From My Boyfriend In A While KatDarling GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions 2 09-27-2011 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics