Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation or release in Indiana should be posted here.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:42 AM

Default Can he be on parole and probation at the same time?

My husband is due out of prison in November...when hes out he still has some years of probation to do...but I came home the other day to a card from a parole officer, and called and spoke with her yesterday and she said she was checking on placement for my husband and asked me questions etc if id be comfortable with her doing home checks etc...so Im very confused. Parole was never mentioned at all to him or I...So how the hell does this work? He says he cant do parole and probation at the same time? Hellllpppppp!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2015, 06:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,065 Times in 16,175 Posts

I've never experienced it, but I've heard of it. Perhaps you can ask the PO about it....then reply here so others in your situation will know how it works. Thanks!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-04-2015, 06:34 PM

I thought Parole was when you get released from prison. Probation is after you served time in county jail.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:54 PM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

Cannot speak to OP's jurisdiction, but in Texas, it is not at all uncommon to have people who are on either parole or mandatory supervision as well as probation at either the felony or misdemeanor level. In fact, it is an argument we have used with substantial success in our parole presentations since any violation of parole would also violate the terms of probation and would result in not only a potential revocation of the parole but also a return to prison with a new sentence following the revocation of the community supervision.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Well I've asked both the parole officer that called me, and I also asked my probation officer, and also asked the lady at the front desk in the probation office...they all say he will be on parole when he comes home. I've told him that also, he says they don't know what they're talking about because he was supposed to have 10yrs probation on the case he got PTR'd for that he's in for now, and he didn't get 10yrs to serve so he believes he will still have probation time to serve, and of course he's spoke to other inmates who also say there's no way and the probation and parole ppl are wrong unless somehow he got a blessing. I hope he's only on parole for a couple years or whatever when he comes home vs. being on probation for 10yrs or so. I just don't see how ALL these people with the computers right infront of them looking at the records could be wrong?