Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:42 PM

Default Western Union from UK to Federal facility?

Hope you are all keeping safe.

Question for the UK members of the forum. My OH is in Federal and at the moment i need to send money via western union to his mum to put on his books. Is there anyway i can send it myself straight from the UK to his book?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2020, 08:20 PM

I’ve sent money from Europe straight to an inmates account before. It should be pretty easy through the WU app!
The Following User Says Thank You to Laura1990 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-03-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 09:37 PM

I used to send money from Europe before I moved to the US, incl from the UK. This was a few years ago but I had to go to an actual Western Union office and do a bill pay to the BOP. There’s a special company code you use for BOP. Can’t remember it now but you can find it on bop.gov.
04/05/2016 I immigrated to the US
10/27/2016 My husband received Presidential clemency

Old 06-22-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
Hope you are all keeping safe.

Question for the UK members of the forum. My OH is in Federal and at the moment i need to send money via western union to his mum to put on his books. Is there anyway i can send it myself straight from the UK to his book?
I honestly am not sure that the country makes a difference... You should be able to try through the app and it's very simple but as someone suggested you can go to an actual office. If you go to the website of the prison and look up the "rules" and how to send money it will walk you through how to tell Western Union.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,083 Times in 5,046 Posts

I used to send money to an ex years ago and I did it over the phone with western union it was the only way I could find to do it. The phone transfer facility is no longer available.
Others have had success with the app or with attending an office. I would call western union and ask them which is the best way to do it. I remember when I used to do it the operators didnt know what I mean't by BOP or federal prison. I had to say federal bureau of prisons every time.
The other option is a trusted relative or friend in the US who may be able to receive the money and transfer it for you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.