Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adult Children and Siblings of Inmates For Adult Children, brothers and sisters of prisoners

Old 03-18-2004, 06:51 PM

Thumbs up Bro In Transfer laws

Hi My brother is incarcerated in Maine Wants to transfer probation to Massachusetts when he gets out in Sept, 2004 Does anyone know where I can look for the transfer laws? Thank-you All Jaz
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2004, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
Hi My brother is incarcerated in Maine Wants to transfer probation to Massachusetts when he gets out in Sept, 2004 Does anyone know where I can look for the transfer laws? Thank-you All Jaz
Okay, first, your brother once he is released will have to go to the county in Maine where the crime was commited to set up his appointment with the Probation Dept. He will have to fill out papers and in the mean time, he can request the transfer, They will hopefully give him special permission to go to MAssachusetts until they set up his appointment. He will have to pay a fee of course to request a transfer. Nothing is free anymore. Then when they set up his appointment with his probation officer in Maine that is when they start the process. Massuchusetts will have to agree to the transfer. Usually, if he has family he will be living with or he has a job there, they very rarely say no. It all depends on the crime. But you never know about these things. It's best if he keeps all his appointments, and abides by the rules and regulations of his probation chances are good.

Now remember, everyone does things differently so my recommendation to you is to call the probation dept in the county of conviction for more information.