Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:58 AM

Default Learning the Ropes- Brother in Prison

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.
I'm Nancy. My Brother is currently in Benton county jail waiting transfer- the papers were officially filed yesterday (last court date was march where deal was signed). This means at some point in the next sixish months he will be called up at 530AM and taken down to Ouachita River Unit @ Malvern for intake.
Due to the nature of his conviction he has to take the RSVP course. My understanding is this is ONLY offered @ Ouachita. and he MUST take it @ Ouachita before he can be eligible for parole in 50 months (1/6 of his sentence). Does anyone have experience with this process? since he is starting @ Ouchita and has to take the class- will he just stay @ Ouachita? will he transfer out and have to come back? What does that look like in relation to parole?
Navigating the county system has been trying enough, and the idea of learning the ADC system is daunting. I found some helpful stuff from a google search from these forums and thought i'd join up and ask and see what all i can find out.
Thankfully we have a solid support group of family and friends- but none of them have navigated the system before.
So officially- Hi to anyone who reads this!

also- this might be silly- but is it true that once he gets to whichever ADC he lands in, and i can visit him live and in person- I can give him a hug again? My brother is my best friend and no physical seeing (outside of a video chat) has been heckin hard. I feel a lot of regret for not getting one last hug the day we went to the sheriff's office and "turned him in". I expected to be able to get him home the next day or so- and well a bond that requires a second mortgage, when we don't have a first made that impossible.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,066 Times in 12,743 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Nancy. The first time in prison has a steep learning curve, for your brother and for you. I see you have located the PTO Arkansas prison forums.

and here is a link to the Siblings of inmates forum too.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240

To locate all the archived messages about a specific Akansas prison, google "prison name prison talk".
Old 06-13-2019, 08:43 AM

hi! Thank you for the link, i will check it out. That is how i found prison talk actually. I was googling some stuff about Ouachita, and the new tablet things i saw some posts that were helpful! I didnt even know a place like this existed. And i am very grateful it does.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallflower89 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-13-2019), sidewalker (06-13-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 10:35 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,694 Times in 15,326 Posts

Im sure you have already seen this post but.....
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701429

That's my dog's nose art