Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:07 PM

Post 15 day max sentence nightmare, What Next????

My dau. was arrested for possession of paraphanalia and possession of Heroin. The Heroin was "residue" and listed as such in the police report. In court, she was offered probation for the paraphanalia charge and accepted. While listening to others in court, I realized the max. sentence for that was 15 days in jail of which she spent 3 already. She was supposed to ask the public defender that after the lunch break but he had to leave so she went on with the process. After court, I asked the atty. sitting in for hers about it and he said that it wasn't pleasant but if she could do the 15 days, it was better as she had no resources, no car to get to probation, no money for the costs assoc., etc. She called the PD next day and he got angry and told her if she didn't go with the probation, the other charges were coming back and she was facing a lot of time. She missed probation visits and a warrant was issued. She is homeless and was re-arrested a week ago during an ID check (NO NEW CHARGE). She has court next week. I told her to tell judge that she cannot do the probation for the same reasons stated above and would like to do her sentence and be done BUT....other inmates tell her that she can't do that and will get 6 mos. for violating probation. She can't talk to the atty. until immed. preceding the hearing. Does anyone have knowledge or advice as to what she should do??????????????
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 10:54 PM

Thanked 1,776 Times in 711 Posts

I'm so sorry she's going through this & you as well. Try reaching out to these groups & see if they can help. Orleans Indigent Defender Program 504.821.8101 or VOTE NOLA http://www.vote-nola.org/about-us.html . They might can guide you to someone who can help.
Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
bdwell1904 (10-09-2017), inquisitive mom (10-06-2017), Minor activist (10-07-2017)