Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:10 PM

HI everyone my name is Jordan, my exboyfriend is in lee correction inst. on a 30 year sentence He just started the sentence in 2004 and his projected release date isnt until 2030 But anywho i havent spoken to him since all this happened. I'm really not even sure of the whole story and im still in denial and i 100% do not believe he did this((even though evidence proves me wrong)). I know that he needs someone to talk to but im kinda scared to put my foot in the door. *He's in for voluntary manslaughter*(of a girl that we went to school with). Thats what frightens me, but when we were together i could never see him hurting a fly! i Dont know, i want him to know that i am thinking about him but it scares me a little bit. I never even really thought to write him till recently, i had a very vivid and odd dream about him dying in prison. It's just kind of gotten to me. I dont know. ANY ideas of if i should write? i mean, hes in for at least anther 24 years and i know it has to get hard in there with noone. But then im scared maybe hes changed and in 24 years he'll want to meet up again, and i wont want to. Do ya'll see where im coming from? I'm sorry for ramblng, i just need help on decideing on what to do.

Thanks,
Jordan
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Jordan, my advice is to make absolutely sure to think this thing through very good. Please don't write to him and lead him on. That is devastating to an inmate. I think not ever having someone right now might be better on him than to think he has someone and lose them. Just my opinion. Good luck.

Barb
Old 02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Jordan,

While I fully agree with what Barb just said why not print out what you posted here as well the the replies WE posted. I urge you to never ever mislead this guy, but since you know him in real life and only know "us" as on line friends it seems that total honesty with all of us is in line. I don't want to bore you with my problems, but my wonderful shrink told me that no relationship ever ended because the people involved talked too much. Talk to him - be honest and opened; be prepared to accept the fact that he might have done exactly what he was accused of. This does not mean you care for him less - this merely means HE made a giant and major FBAR.*

I also encourage all of us here to read - or re read - When Bad Things Happen To Good People. It is a series of short stories of real life things that happened to decent people and they lived to tell about it; so can you! It helped ME!

And Ashley? I concure totally that going to prison most likely saved a life - the life of a wonderful baby's daddy. HOWEVER the fact remains you're now a MOM and being a MOM is more important that being a wife/girlfriend. You know this as do all of us here on the SC section of PTO.

AND for those of you that don't know me I am writing this as somebody that spent 7 years in prison; I know what I'm talking about from both sides and as bad as SC county jails were my biggest regret is how it hurt my family. My family was so good to me and a group of from my religious community helped me so much that 10+ years after my release I'm doing what I can to "pay it forward". My family as well as total strangers came forward to help me and I now spend what little free time I have "doing the right thing" for other that are locked up.

;-)

*PM for details,,,,,,,,,, ;-)
Old 02-11-2006, 08:49 PM
gabby

Hello all, I have posted in other forums and am now getting to introduce myself here. Every where I've been on pto has been a wealth of information and kindness. I will be doing federal time, I have a conference on the 17th that will give me more info of what to expect. Has anyone been sent to a female prison low, medium? I had a gun charge so a camp may be out of the question. If anyone knows where they do send women I would appreciate the info. Gabby
Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

I sent you a PM yesterday, but I have done Federal time at a medium-high FCI. I've been home for 10+ years, but I will try to anser anything I can for you.

Check your PMs - I'll send you my email.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:47 PM

Default Let it go!

24 years he wont know you you wont know him helpless situation, get on with your life.you'all waste your youthfulness.....sorry
Old 02-14-2006, 09:12 PM
gabby

Ajap, I sent you a e-mail at the sc.rr address you pm'd me. I haven't head back from u. I hope all is well...Gabby
Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default email issues......

Try again - I'm having email problems - I PMed it to you again.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:39 PM

AJAP, I just took the time to fully read your post and I was absolutely "knocked down". I don't know why it hit me in the heart but it did. To know how much it meant to you to have family and friends makes me want to try even harder for my son.

Barb
Old 02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Barb, it will make all the difference in the world! Not a day goes by that I don't think about prison and I try to use every chance I can find to do things for others in the same situation.

Just this morning my Pen Pal's wife called to thank me for sending her daugher a Valentine's Day gift from dad. It was just a few dollars and yet it made the day for a 13 year old whose dad has been locked up for over 10 years.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:09 AM

Thank you ajap for your pm's....SCDC, I'm in the same area as you. PM me sometime, please.
God Bless you all!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Glad you joined in - if you read our post you saw that I WAS right! We're a great group of women and we each and every one know what prison can to to entire families.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:22 AM

SC Mom, Welcome. I am so glad to have you here. I am going to PM you right now. Hang in there, chickadee I know it seems that your world is ending but trust me, there is life after prison (even for moms). I am living proof. I come here for help with my sanity. These ladies are sometimes the literal "glue" that holds me together.

Barb
Old 02-22-2006, 12:58 AM

Hi......... I'm Donna / Doni and I'm in WI. My love will be sentenced today, in about 9 hours on a federal crime. So I usually 'hang out' there. That's how I got HERE.... a search engine brought me..... I don't remember which one.

I write to other men through a prison ministry. One is in Tx....the other is doing time in Leiber.

I have a few questions that I will post..... and hopefully can share some info too.

I'll see all on the boards!

Blessings,

Doni
Old 02-22-2006, 08:33 AM

Hi Doni and welcome to our forum. I hope you will feel "at home" here. Please feel free to vent/cry and ask any and all questions. No question is a dumb question. I will pray for your love and you this morning. Please let us know how things work out.

Barb
Old 03-03-2006, 02:34 PM

Hello All!
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Robert, and I am from Sumter, SC. I was recently sentenced to 30 months for copyright infringement. This is a federal charge and I am awaiting a self surrender location. The judge put in a request for a local facility, which my lawyer says may be one of 3 places; Bennettsville, Edgefield, or Williamsburg. I believe Williamsburg is the closest for my family in Sumter, but I do realize it could be anywhere. I was told I would be classified to a camp. I was also told it would probably be around 4-6 weeks until I go. Once I find out where I am going I will post here, and or the federal page to get more information on the particular facility. I have been reading a lot of posts and really enjoy everyones help and input to each other. I will also share my experience so far up until I go. I would appreciate it if anyone who has family in any of those above mentioned facilities would let me know and maybe I can get some info.

Meanwhile, I stand strong for my familys sake. Keeping my head up, and looking forward to getting this over with. God bless you all!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Thanks BARB.....sorry, I didn't even see you there. lol I should check on my Info Please post. woops.

HI Robert..... nice to meet you. I have a prison ministry penpal at Leiber in SC. I don't know where that is --- Oy. I sure could use some help with him/his case. He's a sweetie.

If you have a Federal Issue.... go ahead and check out the Federal Forum. You'll see me there too...... my "loved one" just got his sentence. He can thank his God for his sentence. He got 80 months, minus the 15%, minus the time served I think (may have been put to finishing his other stuff...argg) and RDAP. It was a miracle I tell you. He could have gotten 20 years for each of the two counts of bank robbery.... plus it was under 2 years from getting 'out.' The PSI changed it from Career Criminal to Addict.....and bless HIS heart too. Just talking to these folks really helped them see my guy as who he really is. 80 months.... is a lot better than what the judge WAS going to give him which was 15 years. The judge showed a lot of mercy.

So whether you stay here or go between here and Federal.... WELCOME TO PTO. Don't forget to use the search engines to find info.... and do ASK about where BOP may place you. I'm just learning this stuff and am WAY FAR from knowing much of anything.... others will help you. Stick with it...and if you want to see answers as they come in.... go to below this box and click on the INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION.

Also, remember PTO is going through changes and upgrades and a fundraiser to get the upgrades. Sometimes the server gets jammed...so keep trying.

Welcome to PTO.

Blessings,

Doni
Old 03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Please PM me about details of the g2g for March 11th! If you send me your phone number I can call.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Robert. Welcome to PTO. I know that this is a difficult time for you. You will find lots of information and support here. If you haven't done so already, post your questions in the Federal Forum. You will get more answers about specific facilities there. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

He's Home!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It is really nice to know that there is a place where I can get some answers in uncertain times. I have learned a lot already by lurking around the site. I do have a few questions but I will wait until I find out exactly where I am going, as I know the rules vary from place to place.

Thank you for the invite ajap. I will talk with my wife about it, but I believe we may already have plans. I do think it is a great idea though. Some much to do, so little time left. :-(

Thank you everyone, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM

Hi, My name is Renee and my fiancee just got transferred to Tyger River and from what I understand he doesn't want to be there, he came from Wateree, I think that he haven't given it a chance. I heard from our lawyer that this place has a waiting list usually because people want to do their bid at this place. Have you had any bad experiences there so far? How is the visit do you have to walk along way to get to the building to register? Do you visit outside or inside? Are the officers nice and respectful? The reason why I ask is because at Wateree everyone is so disrespectful and mean as you know what, could you please give me all the information as far as their mail system, how often can they make phone calls, etc. anything helpful. I suppose to visit him this Sunday.

Thanks in advance
Renee
Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Yes! I have a perfect idea,I've already used it. It'll only work if you have DSL at home. I have Vonage and Vonage let's you choose your area code, so I'm in north carolina, but my area code is where ever he's at. my calls are only 2 dollars a call.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 PM

Hi! I wanted to find out a little about Tyger River my loved one just got transferred from Wateree from there, he's been in for almost 11years, so he has been to a lot of different prisons in the SCDC. Can you tell me how the officers are? How do the mail works? How do they make you register fro visitation? At Wateree it was a terrible experience and the officers are horrible.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loved one the system can really be unfair and they do not care at all. Maybe you can attempt to talk to the Warden or someone to appeal that decision. I want to know how is Tyger River, my fiancee just got transferred there and it's usually a waiting list for this place, do they sleep in individual rooms? Can you give ma any information that you can?

Thanks
Renee
Old 03-14-2006, 07:46 PM

Hey Renee! Don't know about Tyger River, but I have heard it was one of the better ones. I will sure miss waiting in line with you on the weekends at Wateree. I wish the best for you and Chris!