Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 AM

Hiya Jennifer!
Sorry about your man.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 AM

Welcome Jennifer,
When my son went to Kirkland I found his SCDC# on the website and used the address there to start sending him letters as soon as possible. When he was finally able to write us he said he was so surprised to get letters before he gave us his address but he knew we could find him no matter what. Maybe you can write your husband as soon as he gets in the system too. Writing letters helps me deal with stress and gets me through these difficult days.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM
My heart belongs to him..
Donation Award 

Unhappy I am scared!

Well everyone...I am very confused. They finally came to pick up my husband this morning from Lexington County Detention Center. The only reason I know is because he had a friend in there call me and tell me. I am glad that they took him in a way because now we can get this 30 days behind us and he can move on to the yard and we can have visits and actually be able to see and touch each other, but I am really upset about not being able to talk to him on the phone. I have talked to him everyday since he went to jail, which was April 21, 2006. I have also went to visit him twice a week since then too. It is breaking my heart that I cannot talk to him or see him. I am worried about him. I know he is a big boy and he can handle whatever they make him do, but it's killing me not to know he is alright. I guess I will feel better whenever I finally get a letter from him and I get to write him back. Does anyone know if there is a number I can call before I get my first letter to find out what his number is so I can start writing him? Also, can I send pictures to him in the mail while he is at R&E at Kirkland? I am not looking foward to the next 30 days, but after that I will be as happy as can be expected when I get to go and see him in there and finally get to kiss and hug him! I miss him so much. My whole life was revolved around him and now he has been taken away from me and I feel so alone and sad. I am so glad I found this group so I can talk to people who know how I feel and I can share my true feelings with. Please if anyone wants to chat message me. Thank you to everyone in this group for "listening".

Jennifer
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I Love Me Some Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingtyrone
Well everyone...I am very confused. They finally came to pick up my husband this morning from Lexington County Detention Center. The only reason I know is because he had a friend in there call me and tell me. I am glad that they took him in a way because now we can get this 30 days behind us and he can move on to the yard and we can have visits and actually be able to see and touch each other, but I am really upset about not being able to talk to him on the phone. I have talked to him everyday since he went to jail, which was April 21, 2006. I have also went to visit him twice a week since then too. It is breaking my heart that I cannot talk to him or see him. I am worried about him. I know he is a big boy and he can handle whatever they make him do, but it's killing me not to know he is alright. I guess I will feel better whenever I finally get a letter from him and I get to write him back. Does anyone know if there is a number I can call before I get my first letter to find out what his number is so I can start writing him? Also, can I send pictures to him in the mail while he is at R&E at Kirkland? I am not looking foward to the next 30 days, but after that I will be as happy as can be expected when I get to go and see him in there and finally get to kiss and hug him! I miss him so much. My whole life was revolved around him and now he has been taken away from me and I feel so alone and sad. I am so glad I found this group so I can talk to people who know how I feel and I can share my true feelings with. Please if anyone wants to chat message me. Thank you to everyone in this group for "listening".

Jennifer
When my boyfriend was there, I wanted to write him. I called the "information desk" and the lady was surprisingly cordial and helpful. She gave me an address to send my letter. As for using the SCDC Website for "inmate searchs"...you could look him up by first and/or last name BUT they RARELY get these posted in a timely manner. I guess they figure if the guy is in the system, entering him into that data base is not critical???

SCDC Website: http://www.doc.sc.gov/

I know it is posted here but I do not know where, so I could not direct you to the correct forum. If you will look at all the great information members have already collected for SC members in the numerous forums, you will find most, if not all, your answers!

HANG IN THERE!

He Says
Attitude is Everything!

Old 07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Donation Award 

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you very much for the information. I do feel a little bit better now because I was searching for him on the internet, but on that site I noticed that there was a 1-800# also that you can use to search for inmates. Well, I called that number and I got his SCID# and then I called the number to Kirkland and I told the lady his number and she gave me his housing unit and his cell #. She told me that all I could put in the envelop was a letter, so I am guessing no pictures.....When he gets where he is going I will send him some pictures, but until then I will write him everyday! I miss him a lot and I do feel a little bit better now since I got his number and I can write to him. For some strange reason it makes me feel a little bit better. I can't wait until I hear from him to know he is alright. Thanks for the help!

Jennifer
Old 07-26-2006, 07:08 PM

you are allowed to send pictures to Kirkland. I think there is a limit though maybe 10 because once my son got moved he had to buy a photo album to put them in.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Donation Award 

Arrow Thanks!

Well my husband took ten letters and 10 pictures with him that he had from the county jail, so I don't think I can send him anymore. I will send him more whenever he gets moved, but thank you for the information. I am sending off his first letter today. I hope he gets it soon so he will know I am thinking about him. I sure hope he is alright. I am worried about him. Thank God for this group!

Jennifer
Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
"Always & Forever"

Welcome Jenifer and Sherri,
The 30 day thing was hard for me too but it went pretty fast. My husband was shipped to McCormick and now after a year they have shipped him to Kershaw,which I know nothing about.... Keep your chin up!!!Sheila You are in my prayers
Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Donation Award 

Smile I finally got a letter!

Hi everyone. I finally received a letter from my husband on Saturday. He said he was okay but it was really hard there and he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy, but he hasn't had any problems and they finally treated him for his asthma and his back, which the entire time he was in county jail they did NONE of the above! He said the food was a lot better than county. He sent me the visitation forms and telephone forms, but I had already gotten a copy and made copies from it and I sent them off on Saturday before I even got his letter! I called Kirkland and they said it was okay to make copies as long as it was on that long paper and was front and back like the original form! I had the forms from when my mother-in-law sent them to me for us to come and visit her. She is in Leath Correctional Institution since 1996 and she got 15 years, so she will get out in 2009, before her son and my husband. It is a sad situation because she is on some kind of punishment and she cannot call or receive visits until Septemeber so I had to write her to tell her her son went to prison. It was sad....also, her mother and his grandmother passed away while they have been incarcerated and neither one was allowed to go to the funeral. It has been hard since last Wednesday and they only gave him 3 envelops instead of four, so now he can write even less than once a week. It is driving me crazy not to be able to talk to him and hear his voice to know he is alright. It made my feel so much better to just get a letter from him. I can't wait until I get that phone call. I will feel a lot better then. Thanks for listening everyone. I hope everyone is doing alright. We need to post more on this thing!!! I hope everyone has a good day! Post MORE often!!!

Jennifer
Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 PM

Hang in there Jennifer he should be able to call you soon. Just keep writing him letters to let him know you're there for him. I'll be praying that you will hear from him real soon.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Donation Award 

Jennifer - I'm so happy that you got a letter! Mail makes such a difference. Sometimes I feel like I'm stalking the mailman.

Try out the Daily Updates and Shouts in the main SC Forum. That one is for anything and everything. There is lots of posting there!

He's Home!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:32 PM

Default new to this site

Hello,I wanted to introduce myself.I'm from Rock Hill,SC but my job transferred me to Ohio.My girlfriend is incarcerated at Leath CI,where she's seving 15 years.I do my best to be there for her by sending her tons of mail and talking to her on the phone.The separation is difficult,especially when she's feeling down.I'm glad to have found this site,it's very informative and helpful and I'm looking forward to meeting and talking to people who share a similar situation to my own.Thank you and have a good day.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO, Davis! I know this time is difficult for you especially since you are so far away from your girlfriend. Keeping in touch with mail and phone calls is very important, so is talking to others who understand. Does your company ever send you back to Rock Hill? Will you be able to visit your girlfriend? Remember that we are here for you. I hope that you will visit us often.

He's Home!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Donation Award 

Default Welcome

Welcome to our site Davis! I am glad you found this site because I know how you feel. My husband just recently went to prison and it has been so hard on me. I hope you will get to visit your girlfriend. The mail and the phone calls are very important. My husband is in Kirkland right now, so I haven't been able to talk to him on the phone yet, but I write to him everyday. His mother, my mother-in-law is at Leath also. I really hope you find the support you need here like I did! I hope things work out for you!

Jennifer

Old 08-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Hey Davis! It is nice to have a guy join here in the SC forum. ;-) You're welcome to join our next get together, but we might just drive you nuts with all of our talking!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcome,it means alot to me.I recently got approved to visit my girlfriend and I plan on going soon.I'll let everyone know how it goes.Your get together sounds great,I would like to attend.Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:49 AM
I Love Me Some Him

Default Welcome

WELCOME DAVIS!

Glad you found PTO and like ajap said, it's nice to have a male in the SC forums.

He Says
Attitude is Everything!

Old 08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
Donation Award 

Unhappy Someone please help me

Hi everyone. I just heard from my husband and they moved him to Kershaw Correctional Institution. He has only been at Kirkland for 21 days, and they already moved him. It really really sucks because it is an hour and a half drive for me with a 14 month old baby and it costs $1.90 per call instead of $.76 per call. We wanted him to stay at Broad River, but they moved him. A guard in there is going to help him fill out the papers to be sent back to Broad River, but he told him that he would probably have to stay there at least a year before they move him back. Does anyone know if I can request that he be moved back to Broad River? Who would I talk to? What exactly would I say to them? I am having a really hard time right now because I am living with my mom and she doesn't understand and she doesn't want me to talk to him very often because it costs so much and I am not working, so I don't have any money to help pay the bill. She also doesn't want me traveling that far to see him every weekend. Does anyone know how often they can get visits and what days? How do you know if you have been approved or not? It has been 17 days since they received my visitation forms. I want to be able to go and see him so bad. It really hurts my heart that they moved him there though because of how much it costs for him to call and stuff. He said he heard it was the worst place they can send you, does anyone know anything about Kershaw? I would greaty appreciate any answers to my questions. I am really upset right now. It just seems like my life goes from bad to worse. It seems like instead of things getting better and easier they just get worse and harder. I am also trying to find a job and that is really stressful too because I don't have anyone to watch my baby while I go out and look. I am so glad this website is here. Thanks for listening to me and please, please someone answer my questions. Thanks everyone.

Jennifer

Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 AM

Question New to site, wondering about 90 day shock?????

Hi,
My son is at Kirkland right now for R&E. He is supposed to get a 90 day shock incareration. Does anyone know anything about the 90 day thing?
If so, please let me know. This site is so helpful to me, as I have so many questions. Thanks so much.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 PM

Jennifer,
My heart goes out to you and your baby. My son was in Allendale which was 148 miles away from us. They just sent him back to Columbia last week and it took so much of the stress off us. Now we only have to travel about 45 miles to see him. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that your boyfriend will get moved closer to home. The way we found out we were approved for visits was we kept calling the institution asking. He didn't get his papers telling him we were approved until a couple of weeks later. Hang in there and things will get better.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Question so far from him

Hello all,

My husband is currently being held in Sumter Lee Regional Detention Center, awaiting court date. We are from Tennessee and it is a 9 hour drive to where he is. I hate making that long drive for just a short visit. But, seeing him is well worth it. Plus, I don't know anyone from there, so staying with friends, family, etc is out of the question.

I do have a question though....hopefully someone can answer. If he does get time, which is almost a certainty. Is it possible that he can get transferred to a facility in Tennessee? I realize that is probably not an option, but it sure would be nice. If anyone has the answer or knows of where I can find the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tatorbug65
Old 09-05-2006, 01:45 PM

Default new

I've been reading this board for about a year now, but now that we've gotten into the actual prison sentence I thought I'd start posting. This is starting to get really hard, emotionally, and I have some questions. My bf was in Lex. Co. up until July and now he is in Turbeville for violating his parole. Since it's a youthful offender sentence he should be out April/May. I almost thought his sentence would never get started because with a YOA sentence none of his time in county counted. They first messed up by having him scheduled for General Sessions court until I fought to get it remanded back to magistrates. Then the Solicitor, 2nd in charge in Lex. Co, decided to be an a$$ and lie to his parole officer and said it was a felony. I even took the paperwork up to him and asked him why and he thought it was cute. His parole officer said if we could get the charges taken care of he wouldn't go to prison. Well, there was a whole lot of drama regarding her as well. My bf was listed on SC's Most Wanted list for some time and it was full of complete lies. After they decided to delay his hearing that he was entitled to I had enough. I walked into the probation, pardon, and parole office and demanded to speak to her supervisor. I then questioned them why they had his name slandered all over the internet, etc and why he hasn't had his parole hearing. I guess I made her mad because she got him a hearing the next day with a domestic violence advocate. She set him up. She was mad because she lost her position over the YOA'S because of him. We've both learned by now that if they want you to do the time, it doesn't matter whether you are guilty or not in Lexington. But, at least he got the time started instead of sitting in that horrible, overcrowded jail locked down most of the time. So, that's just a little of my story and I will post my questions in the appropriate forum
Old 09-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Donation Award 

I have heard so many Lexington County stories. What is going on over there??? They do whatever they want to in their own time. I went there to pick up my guys things. They told me the times that I could pick them up. I was there 20 minutes before the time was over and they wouldn't let me get his things. They told me that it would take them more than 20 minutes to go get it and bring it back down, so I would have to come back next time. I'm sorry that your guy got mixed up in all that.

He's Home!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlan
I have heard so many Lexington County stories. What is going on over there??? They do whatever they want to in their own time. I went there to pick up my guys things. They told me the times that I could pick them up. I was there 20 minutes before the time was over and they wouldn't let me get his things. They told me that it would take them more than 20 minutes to go get it and bring it back down, so I would have to come back next time. I'm sorry that your guy got mixed up in all that.
I wish someone would do something about it. I would love to write a letter to The State, the governor, etc, but my bf has a couple more years until he is off parole so I wouldn't want to make things more difficult on us. Plus, it's already been exposed several times. The latest was that guy who waited there 10 years without a trial. There was a man in my bf's pod who was an ATTORNEY and had been in there 8 YEARS. I think they finally got tired of listening to me because I was not going to just shut up and let them have him sit there for god knows how long. Otherwise, I really believe he'd still be in there right now.
I did not have any problems with the jail personel, though. A couple times I called the sargeant in charge of visitation and he got my on the visitors list for the week due to problems with the visitation sheets in the pods. And at one point, I went to the jail because they would not let him add visitors when he first got there?? and spoke with him directly. He got me in that day, added me to the list, and I got to stay for the whole 3 hours instead of the 1 they normally allow And I loved the woman who checked in the visitors. She was really nice. She stopped id'ing me at one point
So far the woman who answers the phone at Turbeville has been nice and pleasant too. They will get to know me on a first name basis soon enough lol.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Smile Hello!

Hello all....I joined last year, but today was/is the first time I have posted. I'm still a computer idiot, so still learning. I live in Va. Beach, Va., and my "special" friend is in BRCI. I call him special, because we both want to wait to see how things go once he gets out. Anyways, this seems like a great forum!!!! Have a great day!