Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:26 AM

Default Help!! Need Info

Sorry to be such a pain you guys, but I need some help. Has anyone been thru the Work Release part of all this yet? How does it work? Are the rules the same as the regular institutions? What about visitation?

This is all new to me and I'm so confused. Can they wear regular "street" clothes?

Please help!!

Thanks

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Your My World Anthony

I wish i could help you but i do not know the answers. I will ask my son though next time he calls..

" Only my mother can feel my pain "
Old 12-09-2003, 07:01 AM

Thank you very much. This is all so aggravating.

Kris
Old 12-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Starting Over!

Post Maybe I can help a little.

Hi,
My name is Kathy and I was in work release in Alabama. I know all of the WR centers no matter where they are located pretty much operate the same.

But this is how the one I was at worked and I know the men's was the same.

After arriving at work release. They will let him know when it is alright to have a work release box mailed or brought in.
We had trunks that we could have. We could have a certain number of clothes in the trunk. And at this time also we were allowed to have hygene stuff , shampoo,soap,deo, ect,.......
New tennis shoes. And a pair of dress shoes. He will be called to see a job placement officer. They will interview him. They send him out on interviews. Sometime the men here would work at factories and then sometimes it would be a restraunt or even Taco Bell. Depending on there qualifications. And what was available. After I started working after 4 months I got to have 8 hr. passes out of the center 4 times a month. Which was great. And eventually turned into 2 (48)hour passes a month. Which was even better. This was if you stay diciplanary clear. And you do extra duty to earn points.

I left work release with a little over 3 thousand. It took me 2 1/2 years to earn that. Of course they take money out of your pay for van rides to work, and the State got there 37.5% out of everycheck. And don't forget the restition if he owes any that will come out.

The up side also is that you are away from the center and you feel like someone again. Plus, we could draw off of our money every two weeks.

I hope this helped a little. I didn't mean to write a book but there is so much.

Take care and good luck. Kat

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

........But for the Grace of God, Go I.......
Old 12-09-2003, 07:35 AM

Yes, that helped alot. Thank you so much. I just can't wait til all this is over. He only has 7 months left and we're thru except for the 3 years of probation. Uggh!! But that should be a piece of cake. At least he'll be home.

I hope he was moved today. I keep waiting for my cell phone to ring. Hopefully he'll call tonight if he's here. This is just driving me crazy.

Kris
Old 12-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Starting Over!

Good luck, and keep me posted. At least this next 7 months will fly for him. Of course the real test is when he comes out.

Take care. Kat

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

........But for the Grace of God, Go I.......
Old 12-09-2003, 08:24 AM

You're right, but I just can't wait. I think everything will be ok when he gets out. I hope so anyway. I just get soooooo frustrated sometimes. I hope it goes by fast and I hope they let me pick him up for his furloughs.

Thanks for your help

Kris