Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Default CDCR Visitation Application - "Active" Status meaning

Hello everyone, my boyfriend and I are very new to all of this. I sent in the visiting questionnaire last month and as of 7/6/19, it's showing as "active" versus pending, approved, or denied - as per the Public Information Office at CRC who had kindly looked up his ID #. She was not able to tell me the exact meaning of "active" status other than it does not mean that the application has been approved or denied and nor is it in pending status. I have not been able to reach a person that works in the visiting department at CRC to clarify what "active" status means.

Can anyone please shed light on the meaning of "active" in context of a visitation questionnaire application? Thank you in advance for your responses and help!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2019, 03:47 PM

Thanked 1,480 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxk View Post
Hello everyone, my boyfriend and I are very new to all of this. I sent in the visiting questionnaire last month and as of 7/6/19, it's showing as "active" versus pending, approved, or denied - as per the Public Information Office at CRC who had kindly looked up his ID #. She was not able to tell me the exact meaning of "active" status other than it does not mean that the application has been approved or denied and nor is it in pending status. I have not been able to reach a person that works in the visiting department at CRC to clarify what "active" status means.

Can anyone please shed light on the meaning of "active" in context of a visitation questionnaire application? Thank you in advance for your responses and help!
I don't know that exact terminology. Active doesn't sound bad. It sounds like your application has been about one month? It typically takes a little longer than that. If it gets close to 2 months you should be able to get someone at the visiting department of his prison to chase it down for you.

If you can get someone on the phone. That is more hit than miss as you've seen. Keep trying when no one answers. Sooner or later you should get a hit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-17-2019), xxk (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,872 Times in 15,412 Posts

I always say to call early if you are going to call. I mean EARLY.
7am early. I always had a better shot at actually getting someone to answer if I called early.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
xxk (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
I don't know that exact terminology. Active doesn't sound bad. It sounds like your application has been about one month? It typically takes a little longer than that. If it gets close to 2 months you should be able to get someone at the visiting department of his prison to chase it down for you.

If you can get someone on the phone. That is more hit than miss as you've seen. Keep trying when no one answers. Sooner or later you should get a hit.

Thank you for your reply. It has been almost a month since I sent the application in. I've been trying to reach someone in visiting there for almost 2 weeks but no one answers the phone. Does this application process typically take over a month? We haven't seen each other since March and this is a first time prison experience for the both of us. We miss each other so very much and are really looking forward to see each other soon.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I always say to call early if you are going to call. I mean EARLY.
7am early. I always had a better shot at actually getting someone to answer if I called early.

Thank you for your reply. I have been calling super early, starting at 7am actually. It's been weeks and no one answers any of the Visitation extension lines. Which is unbelievably frustrating. I don't know what else I can do except to wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxk For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,872 Times in 15,412 Posts

A months time is NOT unusual. Not at all. They will notify HIM of your approval status or non approval as well. Supposedly they are supposed to let you know if you are denied by letter, but it takes forever if it ever comes at all.
Personally, I'd probably not waste anytime calling till you reach the 2 month mark.
Here is to hoping your lo hears something soon.

If you dont hear anything you might also reapply but it would be better to know first if you were denied for some reason. Then fix whatever that reason might be and reapply.
Hang in there.

That's my dog's nose art