Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

DELAWARE Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Delaware - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, Visitation, Phones, mail, News & Information, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:56 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Default Welcome To The Delaware Lounge

I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I hope we can utilize this lounge and become better aquainted. Let's have some fun!!

CATHERINE
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,594 Times in 2,182 Posts

Hi to all yall in delaware, I hope yall week is going well! I used to live in New Castle and Wilmington and my exbf 's brother used to be in that prison right in wilmington de . i forget its name i just know its not far from southbridge. I went to Wilmington college on dupont hwy .. So i am familiar with the area ..
Old 11-03-2006, 08:00 AM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Hi E-Wife!

CATHERINE
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Pray for Justice

Hi....my brother just got moved from PA to Gander Hill yesterday. He tried to call last night but I missed the call. I am so worried .....how often are they allowed to make calls?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Pray for Justice

I mailed my brother a picture and a letter with a money order......he called me tonight and said he was notified he got mail with a picture and was being returned to sender..........what can you send?????
He is in Gander hill........they wouldn't even deposit the friggin money order.......he has been there a few weeks no money....paper....deodrant!
Frustrated!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Pray for Justice

Default Frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalie
I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I hope we can utilize this lounge and become better aquainted. Let's have some fun!!
Hi Im new here...not sure how it all works.......I keep getting denied access to chat and certain areas....hoe do I become accepted?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Get On with Getting On

Hey again!

You will find that Grander Hill's mail policy is wicked strict and there are people in the mail room who get off on sending money orders and pictures back at their pleasure and often damaged. They especially like to destroy family photos, so never send any photos that you don't have a copy of. Also make copies of any letters you send, you might have to send them back a couple of times before they will get though.

I eventually started flooding the mail room with letters that followed the rules to the "T" and filing complaints every time I got one back. The people at the mail room are lazy and get tired of filling out five or six return forums for the same letter and will eventually let your mail get though like it should.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Pray for Justice

Long time since I was on here......Well my brother was moved to Smyrna....he seems to be happier (Howw happy can you be) there. The visits are much better and the conditions are better. Has not had his trial yet....and things are not looking good. Praying for the best!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Thanked 4,616 Times in 1,700 Posts

I'm glad he's at a better prison. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Closed Thread