Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:49 AM
Account Closed

Default Finding a wedding dress for wedding in OR*

I thought I got it figured out. Telling that out of respect, because he can't wear anything but his prison denim and shirt, I would NOT wear a dress but maybe a nice shirt or so. It was a good excuse also, considering that I don't want to come up in a dress in October! Anyways, the days fly by, and the marriage starts growing bigger in his head - like an acutal event. So guess what? "Babe, this is the most important day in my entire life. So I really would love to see you in a dress."

Being a good girl, I now started looking out for one. But it's close to impossible. The pretty ones are too short, and the long ones are way too tight. Neckholders: no go. Free shoulders: no go. Hawaii style in October? No way. He said for the marriage they would probably let me in with a shorter dress but I doubt that.

What sort of dress would they let in anyway? I showed up once in a dress and they send me away: Too short. We're marrying in Oregon. What's your experience? Do they really give in on a marriage?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,154 Times in 6,613 Posts

I don't know about Oregon, but I married in Cali. All rules still applied. They were very friendly that day and helped to make it a special occasion, but my clothes still needed to meet regs.

My dress was very simple. I chose to wear a poplin yellow dress with blue shoes and jewelry to match his uniform. I felt something in a more formal fabric would be too dressy for me in that setting.
They don't make the exact same style, but this is as close to it as they carry. The nice thing about this company is you can customize. I went short sleeved, no pockets, modest hemline. And yellow.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (10-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:33 AM
Account Closed

Oh that's a cute one! Thank you for the hint, I actually saw the ad of this vendor from time to time but never checked that out, I will do!

My love actually runs around trying to gain as much as information as possible. He found out that they will let us making photos while kissing. That's cool. But I agree with you not risking being sent back because they see the knees (in the past, a C/O lady even came with a ruler!). Anything else, I will just have to wait and wish for the best.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,154 Times in 6,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Tudor View Post
My love actually runs around trying to gain as much as information as possible. He found out that they will let us making photos while kissing. That's cool. But I agree with you not risking being sent back because they see the knees (in the past, a C/O lady even came with a ruler!). Anything else, I will just have to wait and wish for the best.
That's awesome that he's being helpful like that! They allowed us a photo kissing, too. I was surprised and nervous the whole time that someone was going to give us a warning! Haha. To this day we regret not being able to run with the lax rules that day.

And yes, here they make you raise your arms if you're wearing a dress. The hem cannot be more than 2" above your knees with arms raised. But it's selective...some do, some don't. I never take a chance because it's just not worth it.

Best of luck in your search and we'd love to see your final choice!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Now Wife ❤️

I ordered a 1950's style dress that's baby blue and squared off at the top so it doesn't show anything and flairs out at the bottom and goes to my knees. I got a petticoat to give it that extra flair and style and am wearing pearls. I ordered it off Amazon. We always joke that we are doing our marriage old school style only hand holding and kisses and sex after marriage so I thought it would be cute to wear the old school dress lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sean'sGirl82 For This Useful Post:
THEDRSBRIDE1175 (05-08-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:06 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Mine's coming up on Saturday *eek* and I couldn't find a dress that would work, but Colorado's rules are extremely strict. Add to this they actually don't even do wedding ceremonies in Colorado. Colorado law allows for self-solemnization, which means you don't need an officiant or witnesses. So I'm just doing it in the visiting room, his mother is on his visiting list and can sign as witness.

That said, I'm not wearing a dress. We're having a wedding later. This is just to make it official so that I am able to visit when he goes to a halfway house later.

I'm wearing a white peasant blouse and jeans.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Account Closed

The jail that my boyfriend is in, happens to be where a close/semi close friend of mine is. I got in trouble for wearing a tank top because it showed my shoulders. They're really strict, and really ANNOYING.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisHarleyQ View Post
The jail that my boyfriend is in, happens to be where a close/semi close friend of mine is. I got in trouble for wearing a tank top because it showed my shoulders. They're really strict, and really ANNOYING.
In Colorado we can't even show our collarbone or knees, and it can't be tight.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Account Closed

I'm already looking for my dress! Hopefully mine's outta jail by then.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:43 AM

I married in NV and had to stick to the rules. I just bought a nice dress that fitted in with rules. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl so wearing a dress was a huge surprise for him