Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:41 AM

Question How long between engagement & wedding?

How long did you guys wait after engagement to actually get married? My fiance' proposed to me June.13,2010 and we are engaged I'm just wondering when should we actually go through with the actual marriage thing. I mean I'm not in a rush because being that my fiance' will be in there untill the year 2018 so I was thinking about waiting at least untill 2012 untill I finished school up first and my fiance' said that it's totally up to me. But I just wanted to hear something from my PT ladies before making a final decision because you guys are the heart of everything lol. But I was thinking about 2012 or maybe even 2013. Thanks in advance ladies.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspatterson18 View Post
How long did you guys wait after engagement to actually get married? My fiance' proposed to me June.13,2010 and we are engaged I'm just wondering when should we actually go through with the actual marriage thing. I mean I'm not in a rush because being that my fiance' will be in there untill the year 2018 so I was thinking about waiting at least untill 2012 untill I finished school up first and my fiance' said that it's totally up to me. But I just wanted to hear something from my PT ladies before making a final decision because you guys are the heart of everything lol. But I was thinking about 2012 or maybe even 2013. Thanks in advance ladies.
I think that waiting 'til 2012 would be a good idea, you would have your school out of the way and that is one less hurdle to worry about, just choose what time feels right for the both of you....good luck! and congratulations!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
♥ LOVE ♥

Well my man proposed to me in February of 2009, and hes home now and we stilll arent married. Im glad i didnt marry him in there like i wanted to sometimes. Im glad I waited, and im glad we are still waiting. I've been with him for over 2 years and I am still learning things about him all the time. I love him oh so much But i want to wait until we are both established financially, so when its baby making time, i know we can take care of each other and our family!! No reason to rush, especially if you hes the man you want to spend the rest of your life with!!!

Good luck and congrats on your engagement!!! xoxoxo

Through Thick & Thin

He Is My Best Friend & I Am His
Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Patiently waiting

I have become an advocate for woman waiting until their man gets home from prison to get married. I got engaged earlier this year, Me and my fiance' was almost at the final step of getting married until I spoke with this nice pastor. She stated that we should wait until we get out, she said, you don't want the memory of your union to ur significant other to be at a prison. I though about it for a week and then finally came to the coclusion that I would wait until my man gets own. Him and I both agreed that we didn't want our memory of marriage to include prison. But there's different strokes for different folks. I'm not knocking prison marriages at all. Ultimately its between you and your significant other of what you all decide and feel whole heartedly comfortable with. Good luck! and congrats on the engagement!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 PM

He asked me in 2003 we were married in 2008 and he will be out 2012 I have been married before and so has he... as for thinking about being married in a prison... really that did not even come to mind when I was saying my vows to my husband or to his mind when he was saying his.

I do not regret getting married nor do I see that day in any way as bad or regretful for where it took place... I might say this one was better then the first wedding I had and he was not in prison nor never has been... I even had better pictures then the first one and more pictures this time too..

I did just talk to George and asked him this question.. he said he did not regret marrying me when we did he did say that he would have rather had a different setting... but he also did not want to have a big fancy wedding either.. he said that he would have liked to have had that honeymoon night I told him no he didn't he wanted that drive in the back seat of car out of there to hell with the room LOL

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Last edited by or-mtwt; 08-23-2010 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: added George's thoughts on the matter
Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 PM

We started talking/writing and one month later we met face to face and he asked me to marry him...and one month after that I did!! I have never regretted anything I've done with him. He is the one that God picked just for me and I for him. We knew it right away and didn't want to wait. We're both in our 30's and also both feel that tomorrow is never promised to anyone and if either one of us were to leave this earth sooner rather than later, we wanted to be husband and wife!!! I proudly rock his last name too!!

He came home November 4, 2010
Old 08-23-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I complete him View Post
We started talking/writing and one month later we met face to face and he asked me to marry him...and one month after that I did!! I have never regretted anything I've done with him. He is the one that God picked just for me and I for him. We knew it right away and didn't want to wait. We're both in our 30's and also both feel that tomorrow is never promised to anyone and if either one of us were to leave this earth sooner rather than later, we wanted to be husband and wife!!! I proudly rock his last name too!!
Love the post I reunited with my childhood sweet heart in Feb, we were engaged in April n married in July all of this year! If you love sum1 why wait? 4get what other people think we only have one life to live!