Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Another Rumor

Hi. Heard from daughter that she heard the rumor that they were refiguring sentences and giving people a little less time because of people waiting to come into prison. Anyone else hear that or know of anyone that got some extra time off???? She said they were doing the mens sentences and then the womens.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

We can cross our fingers and wish real hard!!!

I talked to a bigwig at DOC and he said legally there is no way they can reduce anyone's sentence beyond the 85% (under the new law). Don't want to rain on your parade, goodness knows we all need some cheerful news.

How is your daughter doing Barb?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 AM

She doing good. Thanks for asking. She finally got out of the kitchen and in some classes so shes happier now. Shes working outside which makes her happy. She got a certificate for some of the classes she took before and is proud of that. She is in business software now and seems to be doing ok. As much as she hated to work with the computer I am surprised. lol...
Old 08-02-2007, 08:05 AM

So what if they were sentenced under the old law? What is the old law? My pen pal was sentenced back in 1999 (I think)

Old 08-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Always Doin' My Best

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,937 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb-k
She doing good. Thanks for asking. She finally got out of the kitchen and in some classes so shes happier now. Shes working outside which makes her happy. She got a certificate for some of the classes she took before and is proud of that. She is in business software now and seems to be doing ok. As much as she hated to work with the computer I am surprised. lol...
That is fantastic news!! She is certainly turning her life around. I am glad she is out of the kitchen even though I am sure the same conditions there continue *shiver*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristock230
So what if they were sentenced under the old law? What is the old law? My pen pal was sentenced back in 1999 (I think)
Anything after 1995 is under the new law with no parole and no reduction other than the good time of 4.5 days for each 30 served. Prior to 1995 has parole and other releases. Now if they had one under the old law, and got violated and went back in, then they are still under the old law. BUT, they also will probably have a new charge which would be under the new one so there goes any hope of going home sooner.

Thank you George Allen

Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM

yea thanks to george allen and maybe that is why he is no longer in office to say the least needs to think about what he done i would never vote for him and i became a voter after almost 25+ years of not voting just to vote against him!! go figure glad he is gone now lets change these laws