Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:22 PM

Default New here, he's in FCI Loretto

My boyfriend went into FCI Loretto in PA yesterday to start a 2 year sentence. I'm really hoping he can get out early and finish in a hwh but I'm not sure how all that works. This is the first time I've ever really even been close to someone who has gone to prison and I'm really not sure how to deal with all of this. I love him, I'm never going to leave him...I just need some support I guess. I haven't heard from him yet and I'm getting really anxious. I know he's fine but I just want to hear his voice. My phone hasn't really left my hand since yesterday, with the volume turned up, just in case he calls. None of my friends have any idea what to tell me so I was hoping writing here would help.

-Dani
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,082 Times in 13,808 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Even if he has money in his inmate account
http://www.bop.gov/inmate_programs/money.jsp

he won't be able to use the phones for a few days, maybe even a week. Loretto, a former Monastery, has a low security prison and a minimum security camp. Even if he starts out in the Low, he may be able to transfer to the camp, which is a much better situation. He needs to ask his unit team, but hopefully he will be in the camp from the start.

He will earn 94 days of good time off of his sentence and will probably get to serve the last couple of months of the remaining 21 months in a half way house nearer to home. His unit team will decide that too.

There is a multi page PTO sticky about Loretto here.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=282824

When you read negative things about the prison (I probably posted some of them myself), remember that everyone's experience in prison is different, plus the warden from hell is probably long gone by now too.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,208 Times in 2,544 Posts

dframent,

Welcome to PTO. Sorry you're going through this but glad you found us. I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here.

It might be another week or so before you here from your LO. Just hang tight, he'll call as soon as he's able. In the meantime, click here to visit the sticky for FCI Loretto . You may find a lot of helpful information and make some new friends
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM

I'm glad I decided to post on here. None of my friends really know what I'm going through so I try not to talk too much about it. They all listen but they don't really know what to say :/ I still haven't heard from him, I really hope he calls soon. I've written him a letter every day and I hope he gets them soon.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 PM

My love just got transferred to FCI Loretto too, he's serving a year . I know its not as long as others but its been so hard!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM

we think he'll be out in october of next year, hopefully. he's been calling every day. sometimes two shorter calls, but at least i get to talk to him. i've gotten a few of his letters and it helps a lot to have little, silly things to look forward to. i miss him so much.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,082 Times in 13,808 Posts

I'm glad you are able to talk to him now. It makes things easier for both of you.