Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:09 PM
~Washington JustGirls~

Default Info about Nancy San Carlos - she is an activist trying to help OST inmates

This contact info. originally came from DLG.

I called this woman to find out what she does and what she wants us to do in regards to helping her with her activism...

I spoke with her at some length. She knows many of the men that are transferred out of state and has worked in the prison system as a volunteer for 39 years, 29 of those in WA. She has a program called SHIP which stands for Self-esteem for the Handicapped in Prisons.

She has started working a program to assist the OST in coming home. She is asking that anyone and everyone with a loved one OST to call her. Call ONLY between the hours of 10:00am to 8:00 pm.

She will give you your legislators and senators names and ask you to contact them. She wants everyone to try to make an appt. to see these people in person... She says in person is much better than over the phone or email or mail.

Her name and address is:

Nancy San Carlos
S.H.I.P.
P.O. Box 893
Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 392-8222

She is not available tomorrow, Friday the 26th.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2006, 07:57 PM
PTO Member

Thanks Lisa for making the call...Hopefully this will help all of those families get there loved ones home.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,660 Times in 762 Posts

DLG, have you called yet? I am very interested in seeing someone follow thru with this!!!!!

Ann
Old 05-28-2006, 10:52 PM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

thanks, i will call her on Tuesday, Ill let you know what happened. Just Lisa and DLG thank you for helping us.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:05 PM
PTO Member

I haven't called...scaredy cat has been my excuse along with the week of round the clock sick kids...
Old 05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
~Washington JustGirls~

I was nervous when I called her too but she is a super nice lady.. she does other things than working with the OST issues.. this is her newest thing she is doing... she will make you feel very at ease on the phone.. so don't worry
Old 06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

I just spoke with my man about this last night. He was saying that there is something that is being worked on as far as half time? Not sure it pertains to the violent offenders but he is the one that brought it up in conversation and was real excited about as many people as possible talking to her.
Has anyone else contacted her?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Shamelessly his forever!
Donation Award 

Arrow

I havenít spoken to her personally due to my speech impediment. However, my mom has spoken to a length . . . LOL It took a little phone tag but when they finally connected they were on the phone for about 2 hours. I have just started corresponding with her via email. She will not open any email from anyone whom she does not know. Once you have called her and she verifies your email then it is all good but until then, donít even waste your time. Kevin has corresponded with her via letters. It is my understanding that she is working many aspects of inmates rights including but not limited too: proper and complete medical attention and care; dental care including dentures; trying to prove that being out of state is a form of cruel and unusual punishment for the inmates as well as their loved ones and sentence reduction to lessen if not, alleviate overcrowding.