Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Default Dad works for DOC - different facility: b/f can be violated per DOC policy?

My man and I met and became friends on the outside. He was on parole and is currently serving time due to a parole violation. He expressed interest prior to this, but we didn't actually make anything official until after he was inside.

Now here's my worry. My dad works for the DOC, but he works at a different facility. He recently found out about my relationship, and said he had to submit paperwork. He warned me that communicating with me in any way would give him a violation, and he would most likely end up in the hole. He showed me the offender handbook, and the violation in question states, "Having unnecessary personal interaction with an employee, an employee’s immediate family or employee’s significant other."

Now, according to my dad, this means all of DOC employees. According to my man and the other offenders he has spoken to, it only means the employees in the specific facility where they are housed. Honestly, it's unclear which it means. Furthermore, it states unnecessary interaction...in my opinion, relationships require communication.

If it does indeed mean all of DOC, is there a way I can keep him from receiving a violation, especially since he didn't know my dad worked for DOC when he first started contacting me after his arrest? Would they be allowed to put him in the hole prior to a hearing for his violation? Will they not send his letters to me or give my letters to him? I'm already worried something happened because I didn't hear from him today, and he calls me at least once a day. I'm also worried that my visiting app will be denied due to this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2018, 11:20 PM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts

I would think it would mean in the same prison your dad works at not any other prison but I'm not sure. I hope everything works out for you both.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:05 PM

Thanked 1,082 Times in 480 Posts

In NY, where we must report these things also, the information in entered on the security system. Your friend will probably have to sign something when they inform him that he cannot have contact. Unfortunately, this is how things go. They will most !imely move him farther away from you. He is now a ward of the state, and subject to their rules. I'm sorry.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:34 AM

I am a former DOC COI from MCC. It technically means all DOC employees BUT you dad just has to submit paperwork saying that you and he are in a serious relationship therefore your man cannot get in trouble for speaking to you. It could get complicated just be prepared. I am with a current inmate and we are fighting to get visits and married. Go ahead file your paperwork and your visitation forms. Do not let DOC get in the way of your happiness. Goodluck to you both.