Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 AM

Default Confused about his release date: is the 85% before or after Good Time?

My partner and I are very confused about his release. He was sentenced to 2.5 years and 85% of his time would be in April. On the site April is listed as his flat Max but his release date shows January 25th. His information was also completed and verified yesterday. I've read on here some people talk about good time but that the 85% is good time so I'm quite confused. He also doesn't think he'll get out before April because he's on a 4 yard. Has anybody experienced this?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2019, 09:03 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,328 Times in 16,280 Posts

He's serving 85%....as I understand it, if he's a violent offender or a sex offender he'll serve that 85%. There is no Good Time taken from that. If I misunderstood, I apologize in advance.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-21-2019, 11:57 PM

I don’t know much about how they calculate time but maybe they included time he spent in county? I don’t think the yard has anything to do with it. My man got moved from a 3yard to a 4 yard and his release date stayed the same.
He should have some paper work with his release date. Sooner the better, right? I wouldn’t question it too much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 10:32 AM

Thanks everybody! I actually reached out to the time computation unit and they stated his projected release date should be good as long as his custody level remains a 3. So I guess it doesn't matter that he's on a 4 yard because his custody level is a 3. I'm excited!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kdemi0901 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-22-2019)