Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Thumbs down Contraband

My BF is supposed to be coming home in 5 days... last week they did a random search and in a public garbage by my bfs bed they found a cell phone charger that did not even belong to him. This morning he went to DR court and someone called me telling me he was in the box. Now I am just stressed out. Has anything like this happen to anyone right before a release date? Should I expect him to come home later? He signed his EOS papers on Friday, today is tuesday. I'm so stressed so any knowledge on this topic will help until I can find out myself for sure.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Default BTW

BTW, He recieved a walking DR before going to dr court this morning because the officer believed him that it wasnt his....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney186 View Post
My BF is supposed to be coming home in 5 days... last week they did a random search and in a public garbage by my bfs bed they found a cell phone charger that did not even belong to him. This morning he went to DR court and someone called me telling me he was in the box. Now I am just stressed out. Has anything like this happen to anyone right before a release date? Should I expect him to come home later? He signed his EOS papers on Friday, today is tuesday. I'm so stressed so any knowledge on this topic will help until I can find out myself for sure.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

It all depends on what the DR court decides. Even if they decide to take gain time from him at this point, he'd be entitled to appeal it which would buy him the time to get out before it was final.

It is possible to EOS from the box.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 AM

I called today... he is in the box. They gave him 60 days, but changed his release date from the 7th to the 17th. The CO said they gave gaintime to him early and took it back. I know people are probably thinking two weeks is nothing, but when you are expecting them in 4 it means everything. She said he can EOS on the 17th from the box despite the 60days. Now im wondering if I can still pick him up at midnight. :-(
Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney186 View Post
I called today... he is in the box. They gave him 60 days, but changed his release date from the 7th to the 17th. The CO said they gave gaintime to him early and took it back. I know people are probably thinking two weeks is nothing, but when you are expecting them in 4 it means everything. She said he can EOS on the 17th from the box despite the 60days. Now im wondering if I can still pick him up at midnight. :-(
Ah yes, he can't earn gain time while he is in the box so if he's earning gain time to the gate he'll lose credit for his last little bit of gain time.

I totally understand about being upset about the extra 10 days. My husband gets out 4 weeks from today. At this point time slows down so much, you're so anxious to have them home, and it's so close you can taste it!

His being in the box shouldn't affect being able to pick him up at midnight. The midnight pick-up is only determined by whether appropriate high level of staff are on duty on that shift to verify his identity and authorize him being signed out. It can't be done just by a regular CO - has to be higher up people. Has to be someone important to chew out if they release the wrong person you know.