Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Until forever!

Question Can a straight man/woman become gay?

Ok so this may be an odd question but my boyfriend and I had this conversation/arguement earlier.
Do you believe a straight man/woman that is incarcerated can begin to engage in homosexual activity purely out of circumstance or do you believe that man/woman was most likely bicurious and/or engaged in homosexual activity prior to becoming incarcerated?

**This is not meant to judge or be negative in ANY way I have no opinion on anyones sexual peference and would appreciate anyone posting a strong opinion on there views of homosexuality please not post them**
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Down to Ride
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,858 Times in 2,449 Posts

I dont think you just turn gay. I think either you are born gay or have harbored homosexual feelings (closet case) but never acted on them. I made a post on this very thing in the Gay/Lesbian/TG forum on here (I think its called, but you get the drift)

Watching Lockup makes my wheels spin a bit about sexuality. Seeing the females on there, they swear up and down they would NEVER bee with a female, and two months later, they are.

I think you either are or you're not. As for being BI, I understand that too, but every BI person (I know) likes one or the other BETTER

Its hurting you, but its killing me.....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thugwife For This Useful Post:
ghostgirl7389 (12-04-2010), MicrowaveMassacre (12-03-2010), NC_girl (12-03-2010), Temeron0926 (12-02-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 08:54 PM

Thanked 1,582 Times in 750 Posts

I think if it is a long or life sentence that circumstance can promote homosexual activity. It's probably common in there. A person can close their eyes and imagine, right?

My gay friend is here with me now. Her opinion is that it could become the product of the environment. "Sex is a primal, carnal thing and opportunity is opportunity. Sometimes it is even just the idea of dominating, forcing that sex in a partner who wouldn't normally think that is normal." She said she thinks two normal heterosexual thuggish types might do it just because of the circumstance they are in whereas they may never have had those kind of feelings before.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Till death do us part

Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,718 Posts

I think at the very least to attempt a homosexual act you would have to be alittle bit curious. I don't believe that someone can just turn gay from lack of the opposite to mess around with.

The gay people I know they have all said they knew or had feelings at a young age that they were "different" from the other kids, that they have always been gay, it just wasn't like an overnight thing.

Holding it down since 2-23-2008[/color]
I love you more with every breath truly madly deeply do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hisoneandonly For This Useful Post:
Temeron0926 (12-02-2010), thugwife (12-03-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Boobers MRS for life<3
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,179 Times in 555 Posts

I dont think you just flip gay cause there aint no cuddy in sight. Maybe long term inmates or lifers might make some guy thier bitch because they aint gettin out anytime soon but they had to have some inkling before hand because no male could compare to the sexual beauty of a female, sorry. Theres plenty of other ways to handle buisiness without messin with the same sex. If he's in there gettin down with one of his homies then his ass wanted to try it out before prison, it just seemed like a good oppertunity.
The only male physical contact my man is havin would be fist-to-face, he loves his kitty too much. JMO
Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

I will never believe that someone "turns gay" They were gay or bi before they went to prison, (whether they knew it or not). I don't believe in "gay for the stay" No offense to ANYONE, but were I to go to prison, I would be without sex for the whole time I was there. I never have, nor will I ever have, the desire to have sex with a woman, no matter what my situation. JMHO

The Following User Says Thank You to Temeron0926 For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (12-03-2010)
Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Until forever!

This came up when an aquaintance of my mans (someone he knew before going in but wasnt really friends with) was caught in the prison engaging in a sexual act with a man recently. My man says he has a girlfriend and a "baby momma" (for lack of a better term) and never knew he was gay. Now I say to that, he may not have been gay. {*and the argument begins...*} My side is: I kind of believe in desperate times call for desperate measures and that we as humans desire the love, affection, touch, intimacy ect. of another. If your circumstances limit you to only achieve this with one of the same sex, I think is some cases one could engage in this act purely because of their situation. If this same person had never gone to prison they may never have even thought about it. Thats just my opinion,. My mans side: he thinks I am totally wrong! He believes you have to be homosexual to engage in such activity and that you are born with such desires PERIOD! Idk?
JaiDan (12-03-2010), MicrowaveMassacre (12-03-2010)
Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
PTO Fan

I don't think all "relationships" in prison are "gay". I think most are companionship. It helps with the time and cooping. Everyone needs someone somehow..
Old 12-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Manos: The Hands of Fate
Donation Award 

I believe that genetics play a huge hand in the mix. For example, alcoholism/depression run rampant on both sides of my families leaving me/siblings with more of a chance of becoming dependent on alcohol or suffering from a mental disorder.

However, I also believe that if one is brought up in an environment where homosexuality is "taboo" this could also factor in ones choices. Think about it, how tempting is that cookie when one is told not to touch?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM

Thanked 3,339 Times in 1,672 Posts

My guy and I had a similar conversation about this subject when it was brought up before. He said when you're alone for really long periods of time with no physical contact, some guys substitute, but he doesn't believe they "turn gay." I think if you're having sex with another inmate while you're there then you probably had some kind of curiosity unless of course it was forced upon you. I understand sex is just sex sometimes, but if you suddenly start having sex regularly with another man or woman, my guess is there's a lot more to it then simply seeking companionship.

This is just my opinion though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil peep For This Useful Post:
Hisoneandonly (12-03-2010), Temeron0926 (12-05-2010)