Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Justin'sMom
Donation Award 

Angry Contraband

When I went to visit my son a weekend ago, we kept noticing a couple getting told by the guards to seperate and keep their hands off each other. Later from a friend I was told that what looked like excessive affection turned out to be passing of contraband.

Now there is a case against this young man and all visits have been suspended. As I mom, I am asking all of you to practice tough love when you visit your loved one. I know it is hard to know they are locked up in a place and you want to make it a little easier on them. Lord knows how much I would love to take my son aspirin or callous pads. But it's not worth it to lose my visits, or my grandchildren's time with their father. Justin has never asked for anything as he has no desire to miss one minute with his children or stay one day longer away from them.

Just my few minutes on my soap box. I love you all.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM

You are so right. I don't have a child in prison, but you have to practice tough love, and that's all it is. Good for you. It's not worth the loss of visitation and their few privileges that they do get. Go girl go and good for you MOM.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Donation Award 

It's amazing what people are willing to do without thinking of the consequences. We know of someone who was going to be released within a month or two and got thrown in the hole for "legal" contraband. His family won't be able to visit and who knows what will happen with his time. I suppose he may still get out on time, but it makes life more difficult for everyone.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:24 PM

The problem is that when people do stuff like this and try to break all the rules..... The prison makes more rules and makes it harder on those of us that follow rules to visit. It is just plain stupid to be messing with everyone's visitation - not just your own.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,179 Times in 2,585 Posts

We all get to pay when someone does something foolish. I would never risk my visits for something like this. I have noticed in my local paper that there have been several people charged in my area for either bringing in contraband or in the case of the offender a new charge for possession of contraband. My town is home to a large Pre-release facility.

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 03-23-2007, 07:02 PM

The whole thing makes me sick. If they can not follow the rules in there how do they expect to follow them outside? Anyone that is helping them also has not learnt a darn thing about breaking laws!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 10:40 PM

when my son was in gurney he could not figure out where he was in relation to home so i printed a map from puter and sent it to him. they sent it back telling me it was contraband. so i certainly would not risk anything to cancel visits.