Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:20 PM

Default It is important to tell your loved one important info

Although my guy is no longer locked up. I failed to tell him something that was very important to my son. I did not tell him because I would not write that in a letter. I wanted to be face to face with him. Well my son kept pushing me to tell him. So tonight I told him. I could barely tell him I was crying so hard. He kept telling me to tell him. I finally told him through all the tears and sobs. I of course knew he was going to hang up the phone -- which hed did. I cried even more. He called back and we talked. He told me he wished I had told him right away but I explained that I could not write something like that.

I know now I should have told him. I chose to do it my way. I will tell you when I was about to tell him the one thing that kept going through my mind is this man is going to hate me. I was going to lose my best friend. I knew that what I did was wrong and I should have told him right away....after all he is the dad. I told my guy that there are no more secrets between us. That was the only one I was holding.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

I agree!! Its important to include them in the good, the bad and the ugly! Its also something that everyone should discuss with their loved one.

I'm sorry you waited, but I know you feel better now that its out! Not just move forward! (((((hugs)))))
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:11 AM

Already moved! He told me last night...it was okay. I can only say I was sorry and not do it again. Which I won't. I know I can tell him anything I just did not want to tell him locked up. When my Dad died his mom wrote him and told him right away. I guess she knew I was not in any state to take care of anything else.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 AM
getting close!

I agree. Thanks for sharing your story to remind us that no matter how hard it is to share, we both need it. I'm glad it worked out for you!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 AM
mj's wife.....finally

My fiance is the same way. he wants to know everything and although sometimes it upsets him he knows that i will never withhold information or not be truthful with him. At times i believe my honesty with him is startling for him. It takes him by suprise. His family has always sugarcoated things when they told him and it aggrevates him to pieces. He is helpless to fix the problem but not helpless to give some well needed advice at times. At times he can look at things through a new set of eyes and see something that the rest of us didnt see. So it is always a good idea to be honest and hold nothing back.
Bomba, you did right by telling him and your reasons behind not telling him where genuine.... So dont beat yourself up too bad. It will all work out.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba's Girl
Although my guy is no longer locked up. I failed to tell him something that was very important to my son. I did not tell him because I would not write that in a letter. I wanted to be face to face with him. Well my son kept pushing me to tell him. So tonight I told him. I could barely tell him I was crying so hard. He kept telling me to tell him. I finally told him through all the tears and sobs. I of course knew he was going to hang up the phone -- which hed did. I cried even more. He called back and we talked. He told me he wished I had told him right away but I explained that I could not write something like that.

I know now I should have told him. I chose to do it my way. I will tell you when I was about to tell him the one thing that kept going through my mind is this man is going to hate me. I was going to lose my best friend. I knew that what I did was wrong and I should have told him right away....after all he is the dad. I told my guy that there are no more secrets between us. That was the only one I was holding.
What was the big secret..??
Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingnting
What was the big secret..??
Sorry that is our secret. He called it "our" secret. And I love him and respect him enough to keep that one.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Just PM me with the secret & i'll promise not to tell anyone..?!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
getting close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingnting
Just PM me with the secret & i'll promise not to tell anyone..?!
*LMAO* Stop it! *LMAO*
Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Question Authority!

It's no ones business but theirs and off topic. She just wanted others to know that keeping things from our loved ones is not the best idea most times. They find out anyway and then feel betrayed. I'm glad all worked out well for you Bomba's Girl. Thank you for sharing with us. ((hugs))